Use the report feature after the race

• Thread starter azrilnazli
  • 33 comments
Malaysia
Malaysia
bazet_mpower
Use the report feature for :

- blatant divebombing ( not the one who brake locked and hit )
- hard tap from behind
- remorseful actions ( if you divebomb sombody and he hit you back )

And also help a fellow clean GTS racer if you saw some actions that need a report.

You want clean races, we have to work for it.

How/where is the report feature? can you only report when you are still on the race finish screen, or can you view the replay first to confirm the drivers actions were what you thought and warranted reporting?

In the result screen where you finished the race. Select which player you want to report and choose the report type.

You can report multiple players too ( eg hitting each other in front of you while racing )

A single report doesn't mean anything, but if 100 users reported to same people, that will generate an outcome.

Hmm that's a shame, it would be nice if you could review your replay first. I expect PD will have a lot to wade through.

I don't think PD have the resources to check the replay. I'm just assuming they will use a trigger alert. If a player received several reports from different players , then he's done

I don't think PD have the resources to check the replay. I'm just assuming they will use a trigger alert. If a player received several reports from different players , then he's done
Cue threads on here in about a week from newly registered users complaining that they've been banned and demanding a refund :lol:

The 2 videos about how to race in GT Sport is not enough to educate the driver. In iRacing, a Rookie need his right to race and he have to earn it. That means a few test races. A good player can earn his racing license in a day or two. The one who are clueless about racing, will stuck in rookie like forever

I'm thinking PD will be looking at the people who report the most users.

Different countries have different approach of racing. Region from where Senna came from is the most aggresive one, whether in iRacing or GT Sport. I treat GTS just a game after a hectic work, for others maybe it's their life and death moment.

But we are bound to rules like playing chess and everyone must adhere to the rules. Winning is nothing if you hit another players ( and who knows he is live streaming and you PSN id being shown in realtime ).

I've met several Japanese and Aussies that give me back my position after hitting me ( locking brakes mostly ) and I solute them. And I did the same like them when i encountered same incidents.

That would be wrong.Most of the people have zero idea about "clean" racing to begin with.So I expect that a lot of them will report others with zero valid points for doing that.

If I reported everyone I believe to have hit me during a race, there would probably be a diminishing number of clean racers to race against, especially in the heat of the moment, I've been known to get angry at the wrong person.

If I reported everyone I believe to have hit me during a race, there would probably be a diminishing number of clean racers to race against, especially in the heat of the moment, I've been known to get angry at the wrong person.

Seriously. If there's going to be a functional reporting system, it needs to be available after viewing the replay.

I don't know how PD deal with them, but the Forza enforcement policy is clear that they never ban anyone purely for being reported, no matter how many times they are reported. This is to avoid it being possible to get someone banned by getting lots of people to report them, e.g. via social media. They say they always look at what they did and base it on that rather than number of reports. IMO this is sensible, and PD should be doing the same.

If I had to guess, PD only review reports for things that violate the ToS of PS+, not dirty driving which is "handled" by the penalty and SR system.

Ha.

Don’t waste your time reporting. It just infuriates you more. I reported a fair share myself, even made a recent video and still nothing.

Not sure in GTS, but in iRacing, all the reports that Ive made,usually came.with time ban ( 1-4 weeks )

So in GTS , Im assuming the same process

Not sure in GTS, but in iRacing, all the reports that Ive made,usually came.with time ban ( 1-4 weeks )

So in GTS , Im assuming the same process
You're assuming wrong unfortunately. Polyphony isn't going to do anything because they think the penalty system is good enough.

So, you have a list like Arya Stark that you repeat to yourself as you go to sleep?

I usually block the worst cases on psn, my block list is so long I can't even bother to count them all :lol: However it does work since before the race starts you can quickly pull up the players met list (for that race) and it will neatly show who is all blocked and thus should be avoided.

I find it cathartic reporting them and then onwards to the next race. Saying that I remember the names and keep a wide berth from then on.
Likewise, plus there's always the chance that the less-experienced ones haven't cottoned on to the fact that nobody ever seems to be punished after a report is made and is frightened enough to clean up their act. Wishful thinking perhaps, but worth it ifit even works once in a blue moon.

I was hoping it would at least affect their driver or safety rating, no way to know that without documentation explaining it. However, if you guys are reporting and getting dropped into races with the same drivers, I doubt they are even docking their ratings enough to force the user into lower lobbies.

The rating system has its flaws, but I've only seen a few bogus penalties in the past few weeks. If I were to fix something about this game it would be the draft boost from 50 yards away.

I bet if people found out that being reported meant you lost your ranking, they wouldn’t drive like such AHOLES !!!!

On a side note, I also wish GT Sport would restrict players to a region !!! Specifically, have South Americans only race is South American lobbies !!!! GT Sport would be 10 times better for it !!!!

Back