017B1FFF WHITE (Polyphony / Gift)
01885FFF NN GUNMETAL METALLIC
0188BFFF NN BLACK METALLIC
0188FFFF NN BLUE GRAY
018E7FFF NN YELLOW
-
01AA1D50 NN MULTI-CHROME (aka 'Aurora')
01AA1FFF NN NIGHT-GLOW

I take it you test the paint codes before posting them to make sure they work properly? Is it just me or does that paint look way off from the Chromeline?

Well I started out by testing to find the color that seemed to match the best, which worked about 80% of the time. As I received help from Razerman, I learned some paint codes do not match perfectly or at all because of how the cars were modeled and this image was one of those. The color in the image is actually from the green Formula Gran Turismo. Here's the actual Chrome Line paint codes which may or not match or be useful:
-
AUDI R8 5.2 FSI QUATTRO '09 CHROME LINE
018B7FFF NN PHANTOMSCHWARZ PERLEFFEKT
-
BMW M3 COUPE '07 CHROME LINE
00C71FFF NN SAKHIR ORANGE
-
JAGUAR XJ13 RACE CAR '66 CHROME LINE
018BBFFF NN (green chip) DARK SMOKEY CHROME
-
LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO LP 640 CHROME LINE
010F1FFF NN BLU NOVA
-
MERCEDES 300 SL COUPE '54 CHROME LINE
00853FFF NN (red chip) (default black)
-
SHELBY COBRA 427 '66 CHROME LINE
0187DFFF NN (blue chip) (default black)
-
I have excluded any cars from the list with codes that are not useful (i.e. default black).

Well I started out by testing to find the color that seemed to match the best, which worked about 80% of the time. As I received help from Razerman, I learned some paint codes do not match perfectly or at all because of how the cars were modeled and this image was one of those. The color in the image is actually from the green Formula Gran Turismo.
Oh okay. I'm aware of how the way cars are modeled can impact the appearance of the color, especially since it's really noticeable when comparing the standard and premium versions of the GT by Citroen. However, I think both Jaguars use the same models, but with obviously different textures. That said, I was under the impression it was supposed to be the same color as the Chromeline, but I can see it isn't.
I have excluded any cars from the list with codes that are not useful (i.e. default black).
I know that, but my question is, do you and/or razerman take the time to make sure they are not those default colors before posting them?

Good, it's nice knowing you take the time to do this so nobody else has to.

Is it possible we can get the paint codes for the Car Color Sample and Wheel Color Sample?

I believe 2_Fast painted them this color:

01AA1D50 NN MULTI-CHROME (aka 'Aurora')

I wouldn't know the default white color unless it's one of the Polyphony colors listed.

Last edited:
Is it possible we can get the paint codes for the Car Color Sample and Wheel Color Sample?

Both of them share the same chip. And yes, it's a Polyphony chip.
Code:
0x018CBFFF (ID = 3173)

Edit:
Is it just me or does that paint look way off from the Chromeline?

Well I started out by testing to find the color that seemed to match the best, which worked about 80% of the time. As I received help from Razerman, I learned some paint codes do not match perfectly or at all because of how the cars were modeled and this image was one of those. The color in the image is actually from the green Formula Gran Turismo. Here's the actual Chrome Line paint codes which may or not match or be useful:
-
JAGUAR XJ13 RACE CAR '66 CHROME LINE
018BBFFF NN (green chip) DARK SMOKEY CHROME

The opening post has the wrong chip code (JAGUAR XJ13 RACE CAR '66 CHROME LINE 0174DFFF). Maybe the picture was taken with it? The above is the correct one for the XJ13 Chrome Line.
Code:
0x018BBFFF (ID = 3165)

Edit2: I see I didn't fully understand what I read :D You already stated the picture had the color from Formula Gran Turismo. But anyways, the OP still has the wrong chip by mistake.

Last edited:
I added the two 5727cc at the end even they don't go to anything because everyone uses them anyway. :) 5727cc is not a code, it's a default name for any unassigned paint slot.

Both of them share the same chip.
Not surprised honestly.
One of the paints on the list is 5727cc Paint (probably another version of it).
I added the two 5727cc at the end even they don't go to anything because everyone uses them anyway. :) 5727cc is not a code, it's a default name for any unassigned paint slot.
If I recall correctly, their are multiple paints with the name 5727cc in GT5.

Not surprised honestly.

If I recall correctly, their are multiple paints with the name 5727cc in GT5.

Actually the game doesn't have any paints with the name 5727cc as @Tim Voak already explained. But you are correct that there are multiple that show that name.

Btw, if anyone is interested, the rainbow color or whatever it is called nowadays (Night Glow at the OP). Actually belongs to the BMW Z4 GT3 '11.
Code:
0x01AA1FFF (ID = 3408)

The GT6 paint list is a lot easier to deal with because there isn't much colors to it. I have a list on my PC for it if I want to replace a color for an unknown ione, but there is a little side effect. You can't enter the garage with a specific color.

The GT6 paint list is a lot easier to deal with because there isn't much colors to it. I have a list on my PC for it if I want to replace a color for an unknown ione, but there is a little side effect. You can't enter the garage with a specific color.
I've never heard of this. All the colors on my list work fine. If I enter a number higher than 01AA1FFF I get Default Black and the Default Name 5727cc. They're just empty hex addresses where PD added GT6 paint colors on the GT6 disc. The GT6 paint colors are nowhere to be found on my GT5 disc. I haven't checked every single memory slot, but many I have randomly checked are the default color. I think there may be a few bodies or parts from GT6 however.

Last edited:
So Tim... You are a color master for sure... what “code” with same wheel color matching would be the best match combo for the Petty Blue on the Superbird Plymouth ? So many blues, but not with matching wheels... ya da man for me when it comes to this stuff !

Really struggling to get any of these codes to work in the converters I use. What’s the secret?
Apologies for being so late joining this thread.

I also am wondering what is assignment for each individual component for each color code presented. The codes seem to be four component dword expressed in hex. I have not seen an explanation in this thread.

For example, I see "018E7FFF NN YELLOW" from post 61. Should we assume 8E is red, 7F is green & FF is blue?

Thanks in advance

As far as I'm aware, all of the colours are pre-defined, and the hex number is simply the game's internal identifier for that colour, nothing to do with RGB.

As far as I'm aware, all of the colours are pre-defined, and the hex number is simply the game's internal identifier for that colour, nothing to do with RGB.
This is true, they are not RGB Hex codes but rather the Hex Address for that particular datum.
Also, on race cars with multi-colored liveries, only the last color modeled seems to be indexed.
In some instances, chrome was the last modeled color and in one instance the tail light color.
This makes sense to me as the whole reason for indexing the colors was to use them for paint chips,
but in the case of race cars, there are no paint chips so no need to index the correct paint color.

Last edited:
Really struggling to get any of these codes to work in the converters I use. What’s the secret?
All these codes are compatible with the GE. It took me some time to get used to the GE, so I recommend purchasing several inexpensive thumb drives and using them as back-ups so everything isn't lost in case of an error. Always close the GE from the menu before removing your thumb drive from you computer or you may corrupt your game data.

*The GE eventually becomes so much easier for painting cars than using paint chips in-game. :)

Can I get the rim code for this? I'm really wanting to paint a set of wheels with this color.
I can. Its a simple conversion . Just need to go back and read my notes on this. I'll see if I can find my notes right now, I appreciate you guys being here. (OMG I am rusty, I remember I have to multiply hex by 2 but note done it in 2 years.)

Last edited:
I can. Its a simple conversion . Just need to go back and read my notes on this. I'll see if I can find my notes right now, I appreciate you guys being here. (OMG I am rusty, I remember I have to multiply hex by 2 but note done it in 2 years.)
Sounds good! I feel it's the whitest white in the game and that's what I want for some of my hybrids I am currently working on.

This thread has been very useful and I am soooo glad you made it! Getting paints from cars that don't normally give them is just awesome.

Sounds good! I feel it's the whitest white in the game and that's what I want for some of my hybrids I am currently working on.

This thread has been very useful and I am soooo glad you made it! Getting paints from cars that don't normally give them is just awesome.

I'm actually reviewing some of my old posts right now because it's faster than looking for my notes. I'll have it in a minute.👍

Back