Useful GT5 Color Code Lists (GE)

• Thread starter Tim Voak
  • 96 comments
Try 0003501A (rims must be paintable rims) (Edit: this is wrong, see post farther down)

I got this by adding "1 Hex" to 00035 and converting 00036 to decimal 54.
Then divided decimal 54 by 2 to get decimal 27 and subtracting 1 to get 26.
Converting 26 back to Hex equals 01A which replaces the FFF in Color Code.
(if this is confusing see my other post farther down the page, found my notes!)

EDIT: No need to convert Hex to decimal or vise versa unless you're interested.
Just use a Hexidecimal calculator if you're already semi-familiar with Hex #s.

Last edited:
Try 0003501A (rims must be paintable rims)

I got this by adding "1 Hex" to 00035 and converting 00036 to decimal 54.
Then divided decimal 54 by 2 to get decimal 27 and subtracting 1 to get 26.
Converting 26 back to Hex equals 01A which replaces the FFF in Color Code.

If this doesn't work then it must be either 00035019 or 0003501B.
Now I see it here, I'm pretty sure 01A is wrong and it's one of these.
I would put my money on the 01B, it sounds correct to my old brain.
I will try it myself tomorrow unless you tell me that it worked for you.
I just tried all 3 of those and what I got was a car painted in that color, but not the wheels. I think the FFF at the end of the paint code is theoretically where the wheel paint code is supposed to go. FFF meaning their is no custom paint on the wheels.

Edit: Upon toying with the editor some, it seems it's the last 4 that's associated with wheel paint.

Last edited:
Disregard all my jibba-jabba above, I found my notes and the following post has correct info.

Last edited:
Ahh.. I forgot about the odd-even number thingy... 0003401A (this code works!)

*When using a rim code, the body code must be an even number, so subtract 1 Hex.
*This doesn't change the color as both odd and even slots are dedicated for that color.
(i.e. 00036 and 00037 are occupied by the color Liquid Platinum and rim code = 01B)

If you have access to a list of the 3 digit codes and corresponding colors, they're rim codes.
The body color codes are just the rim/chip color codes multiplied by 2 (i.e 01B x 2 = 036)
Torch Red (rim/chip) D4E x 2 = 1A9C (body) so 01A9CD4E gives Torch Red body & rims.
So having access to one of those lists means you won't need to be doing any math at all.

I changed a Red Mustang and rims to sample_white, it looks race-ready in that color.
(Just needs sponsor decals and some go-go juice)

Last edited:
While there are a few lists of the 3 digit codes floating around online, none of them are 100% complete. I made my own version by creating a garage with the same number of cars as in a Hex range and applying over a hundred codes (in numerical order) at a time, per edit and then writing down what colors they produced in the game. This way I could just change one digit per code each edit and speed things along substantially.
-
This took me a few months as I recall, and in the end, I matched the ones not in other lists up with cars they belonged to or appeared to belong to in the game and made a short-list of just the unchipped or 'hidden' colors. Some had names in the game and some had 'No Name" (NN). For the no-name colors I looked up the real cars and real color names and wrote them in to make it easier to differentiate no-name reds, greens, yellows and blues from each other.
-
When I was done, I cross-checked the no-names with Razerman to fix any errors I had committed and this list of "Hidden Colors" is the result. I have a photo album of the fifty or so most useful ones labelled with the names and codes. I was going to upload it to make it easier for everyone 2 years ago, but I was too burned out to get to it and just have been trying to find time ever since to go back and play in my box of GT5 crayons again. What sounds like a lot of work (it is!) I find to be quite fun and rewarding so, I'm look forward to doing some more fun stuff as soon as I can.

EDIT: It may be noteworthy to mention, Not every no-name color is a body color, a small percentage are stripe colors, bumper colors or even tail light colors. What ever was the last color modeled for that car. The digital artists always modeled the body color last for chipped cars, but this was an unnecessary step for unchipped cars so they didn't always bother doing it that way.
-
For this reason some of the colors listed are not exact matches to the car in the game because they may only match half of a two-tone color scheme or not have the top layer or clear coat that is hard coded to the individual car that gives the final appearance of a chrome-color for example. But they are still useful colors none the less.

Last edited:
Sounds good! I feel it's the whitest white in the game and that's what I want for some of my hybrids I am currently working on.

This thread has been very useful and I am soooo glad you made it! Getting paints from cars that don't normally give them is just awesome.
Also try 017B0BD8 white (Polyphony Gift)

Back