User contributed Gran Turismo Magazine

• Thread starter Schwadegan
  • 975 comments
Schwadegan, give us a sign that the mag is still alive. What's happening, how is it? This thread goes weeks without a post. :-(

TP1
Schwadegan, give us a sign that the mag is still alive. What's happening, how is it? This thread goes weeks without a post. :-(

Yeah well, I'm super swamped right now so I'm afraid I don't have time to work on the magazine until things get finished around here. Don't know when I can have it done, but as for now I can not prioritize it at all. :indiff:

Yeah well, I'm super swamped right now so I'm afraid I don't have time to work on the magazine until things get finished around here. Don't know when I can have it done, but as for now I can not prioritize it at all. :indiff:

Good luck, hope it goes well.

Good luck, hope it goes well.

Thanks. I know that quite a few of you want me to release the next magazine as soon as possible and I know it's way over due by now but I admire you all for being so patient with this and let me focus on things of importance in my personal life and work - I appreciate that a lot. :)

I sent you that article on Speedweeks & the GTP online racing scene about 2 months ago by the way, hope it got to you.

Hey man, haven't talked to ya for a while, would you like a Stock -vs- Tuned episode specially made for your magazine? Because I'd love to make another!

Hey man, haven't talked to ya for a while, would you like a Stock -vs- Tuned episode specially made for your magazine? Because I'd love to make another!

Yeah I don't see why not :) I'm not completely aware of how many articles I've got to work with at the moment, but my gut feeling is that I need a couple of more.

Nearly a month since the last post.
Coincidentally, mine.

I have to ask, is this project still alive?

Schwadegan, is this completely dead or temporarly retired (like until GT6 comes out to provide new material to write about)? Because that'd be a shame. I'm sure you would get some more attention and people contributing if you keep this thread going.

KiroKai
Schwadegan, is this completely dead or temporarly retired (like until GT6 comes out to provide new material to write about)? Because that'd be a shame. I'm sure you would get some more attention and people contributing if you keep this thread going.

The worrying thing is that his last post on GTP was 7 weeks ago.

TP1
I hope my children's children live long enough to see the release of, the now infamous, issue 4! :lol:

:lol:👍

Sorry for my lack of communication. I don't like to make excuses, but I've been, and still am, working on getting an internship for the autumn/spring (sadly no employers seem to play Gran Turismo ;))

I haven't forgot about GTlife but the amount of concentrated time it takes to put it all together do take some time. Time I don't have at the moment. One thing I do have been thinking about though is some sort of way to deliver the same content in a magazine-like fashion without the need of creating a unique layout and publishing a .pdf for each magazine, but this is just in my mind for now.
I haven't quit just yet, but I understand that the magazine (sadly) is on the verge of being existing vaporware. :guilty:

For that I'm very sorry.

Totally understandable bud 👍

WHich will be first... Issue 4 or Gran Turismo 6 though?

My first post on GT Planet although I have been a long time stalker. I'm the guy that started Forza Nation Magazine, way back when.

I discovered GT Life about a year or so ago and must say I was very impressed. I've enjoyed reading the three issues and I was inspired to 'up our game' over at Forza Nation. We have recently re launched the magazine with a new cleaner look.

Previously the magazine was done entirely in Photoshop (I didn't have a working version of InDesign) and I was the only guy doing the artwork / layouts back then. Although a few articles we're done by another team member in one issue, and I didn't have the time to re do the layout.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop by and say well done. I know from first hand experience the hardwork and time it takes to create something like this, especially when working a full time job and family commitments are factored in.

Forza Nation still has a way to go to get it where I personally want it to be, but we are a week away from rolling out issue two and have two special editions pretty much wrapped up too.

I've enjoyed seeing the parallels between Forza Nation and GT Life, and would love to have some kind of a colab / cross over one day. I'm an avid GT fan, although I spend the majority of my time of Forza. I did toy with the idea of creating a GT Magazine a while ago, maybe one day I will do something there. Some of my team have GT5, and I often have GT Nights with my friends, where we do the enduro races together. I'm not one of these fanboys that goes on and on about which is the better game, I'm lucky enough to enjoy the best of both worlds.

Enough of me ranting, as I said I just wanted to wish you guys the best of luck and offer round my bag of internet cookies. Great work guys, keep up the fantastic work. 👍

If anyone is interested, here is our FN Mag thread, links to the latest issue can be found there: http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/5628750.aspx

Everybody stand back. I'm a professional.
Clear!
*BZZT*
It looks like this thread *puts on glasses* has been revived."

:sly:

Surely it wouldn't be hard for someone else to make something similar. 💡

I'm hardly on mine, so I'm out. :P

Just read over my old article in GTLife 1... Theres somethings I wish I could do differently, now 3 years the wiser. But the design of this magazine has always been so beautiful... I was always proud of my inclusion in the project and the amount of effort Schwadegan put into it. A great memory. If this project is ever revived, I would love to be included. If it isn't, lets just say it will forever be a treasured piece of this community. Thanks for it, Schwadegan.

It would be more sim racing in general rather than just GT but focusing on GTPlanet as a community, and of course community contributed articles...

Depends if schwadegan allows it! :P

Back