"User not found" in resources

• Thread starter M3 fan
  • 5 comments
England
england
fredrutter
I have been trying to share tracks from the track database and keep getting

"Error 406 User not found"

I've not had a problem before. Can anyone help?

Thanks

I presume you're seeing this after you click the download link on a track? If so, can you specify which track, exactly, is causing the problem?

Generally this means that the user sharing the track posted it with the incorrect URL. You'll need to make them aware of the problem so they can fix it.

Thanks for your help Jordan. This occurs after I have clicked "save" (in a blue box) on the track details box that pops up on the community page.

I've just tried to do this one below, having logged in to PSN first. Is there a limit to the number of shared tracks? I got it to work last Saturday (the track was Shanghai by "Pro"-something I think,) by deleting a shared circuit, then back to resources when it worked. You can see 30 tracks of my shared tracks in Community, but I have 34 shared and visible in the game, for example in Free Run

Autódromo do Estoril
Theme
Eifel

Track Length
2.70 miles (Loop)

No. of Turns

Creator
nullerkatten69

Date/Time Created
03/16/2016

I've attached two pics to show you of another try just now, where I logged in to My Page Gran Turismo first, but it makes no difference.

Thanks again Jordan

Attachments

• WP_20160421_14_35_21_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160421_14_35_21_Pro.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 11
  • WP_20160421_14_35_30_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160421_14_35_30_Pro.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 11
Further to earlier, I've just downloaded the new Yas Marina circuit, (as featured in News) but had to deleted the old one first. I'm sure it's this user!
Either way thanks for a brilliant forum and resource, it massively enhances the game and is very much appreciated.

I believe @M3 fan that the game has a limit of 30 shared tracks, you have reached that limit so that may well be your problem. Now I haven't reached the limit yet so I'm not completely sure, but it may allow you to keep and use more tracks than 30 as long as they aren't shared. Your 34 tracks seem to point to this.

So to try out further tracks just try un-sharing (not deleting) a few of the one's you have and see if it works.

Edit - On thinking about it further, the 34 tracks may include the 4 examples (that can't be deleted) supplied by PD so my theory may in fact be wrong and there is still a 30 track limit. Give it a try anyway.

Last edited:
Hi IfAndOr,
You are right. I'm the last one to push technological boundaries but it does seem to be a limit! I have unshared all tracks and tried to download the new Watkins Glen and got "user not found", then:
"We’re sorry, the page you are looking for was not found.
Error Code: 418"

I deleted a track entirely and was then able to download as normal.
Thanks very much for sorting this out, I will be more discerning in the future!

Back