Using Other’s saved Replays as Ghosts to Train

• Thread starter NotDeadYet
  • 5 comments
United States
East Coast
Hi all- wanted to ask if anyone knew how to capture a saved RePlay of someone’s qualifying lap and run it in ghost mode to race against as training/practice. For example, I follow a few guys on YouTube and I notice them saving their runs with Save Replay ( thinking they make it Open to All) but when I try to find those Replays in the Menu Using search under their GT Sport handle nothing comes up- just random Replays from random players from the entire GT Sport Universe. I’m trying to improve my lap times which are abysmal compared to top performers- yes, what else is new!- but there are some tracks that I know very well and where I run very similar lines using the same cars as these other players and still get nowhere near their lap times...so trying to see why that is and thought I could try to follow their ghosts to see my mistakes. thanks for any insights...NDY!

That’s true, only top ten laps, and former top ten laps, give you an available ghost to chase. But you can use those, and just offset the ghost each sector so you can still follow it to learn. :)

Welcome to GTP! :cheers: :gtpflag:

You can save your replay, and then load/chase your own ghost later on, or share it in game form others to view. But you can’t share it or download laps in game to use as a ghost, unless they are/were top ten laps at the time. :)

Last edited:
I think you can only do it with the top 10 lap times.

...and welcome to :gtpflag:
Thanks! Appreciate the info and happy to be part of GT Planet!
I think you can only do it with the top 10 lap times.

...and welcome to :gtpflag:

That’s true, only top ten laps, and former top ten laps, give you an available ghost to chase. But you can use those, and just offset the ghost each sector so you can still follow it to learn. :)

You can save your replay, and then load/chase your own ghost later on, or share it in game form others to view. But you can’t share it or download laps in game to use as a ghost, unless they are/were top ten laps at the time. :)
Ok got it- Many thx for that info!

Thanks! Good idea to offset the ghost!

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to help man. :cheers: There is also a button you can assign for show/hide ghost. That allows you to make it go away easily when it’s in your way/view, and then pop it back up when you want it back. :)
Yes- that I knew about when I started trying to figure out how to leverage the whole ghost thing! Thanks again!

Back