V6 Escudo Pikes Peak Special '98 (advice needed)

United Kingdom
England
Hello all, a new member here and my first question concerns this particular car.

I'm not understanding how to get the best out of this as I'm unfamiliar as to whether the problem is with the gear ratios?

I bought it to compete in the Like The Wind series (GT6)on International A.

It's max speed appears to be 273mph but the best I've had out of it is 245mph and on a long straight it will have a max of 205mph and it seems that it is not clicking over into the final gear?

I managed a silver already on the third track in my R35 touring car!

I have seen the GT6 stats page for this car but on there it has the gear ratios and speed for 124mph?

Appreciate any help, thanks in advance!

I had a little play around with it to see what issues you may be having. I guess you fitted the High RPM turbo?

You are right on the money on our not breaking 205 mph. Firstly I would recommend dropping both aeros to minimum 200/400, this will reduce drag on the car considerably and allow you to find a bit more speed. Also dropping the theoretical top speed down a few clicks to 255mph also allows you to shift to 6th gear and achieve around 224/225mph self-sustained on the straights with a bit of room to increase speed in drafts. Whether or not this will be enough to help you win or not, I can't say.

There may be more speed to be had by altering the transmission but sadly I'm not the guy to ask about that :(.

Good luck :cheers:

P.s. The best bet for a win in race 3 is to use one of the top-end road cars like FXX, Veyron, Huayra etc. They are all capable of extremely high speeds round Route X and don't have the same drag issues as most of the high downforce race cars :).

I had a little play around with it to see what issues you may be having. I guess you fitted the High RPM turbo?

You are right on the money on our not breaking 205 mph. Firstly I would recommend dropping both aeros to minimum 200/400, this will reduce drag on the car considerably and allow you to find a bit more speed. Also dropping the theoretical top speed down a few clicks to 255mph also allows you to shift to 6th gear and achieve around 224/225mph self-sustained on the straights with a bit of room to increase speed in drafts. Whether or not this will be enough to help you win or not, I can't say.

There may be more speed to be had by altering the transmission but sadly I'm not the guy to ask about that :(.

Good luck :cheers:

P.s. The best bet for a win in race 3 is to use one of the top-end road cars like FXX, Veyron, Huayra etc. They are all capable of extremely high speeds round Route X and don't have the same drag issues as most of the high downforce race cars :).

Thank you so much! It's refreshing to discover that I actually know more than I think I do as yes, I have dropped the max speed to 255mph and I have, you guessed it, fitted the High RPM turbo kit.

But sometimes it would stick on 5th gear in races at 205mph which was why I said it seemed like it just wasn't turning over into top gear.

The winner of these races are generally the Pescarolo Hybride (love one of those but £4m) and as you say, the Bugatti Veyron (I had one of those in GT5) - I will do a lot more racing to raise the cash, luckily the International A race are around £50k per win so it doesn't take too long. :cheers:

There are plenty of other cars capable that won't need to break the bank. The Nissan GT-Rs can run extremely fast (260mph+) when tuned-up, Audi R8 and R6 are both frying machines (I would assume the R4 too) and a couple of Mercs can really shift. Not quite the spectacle of the Bugatti for sure but a lot less grinding required :lol:.

:cheers:

There are plenty of other cars capable that won't need to break the bank. The Nissan GT-Rs can run extremely fast (260mph+) when tuned-up, Audi R8 and R6 are both frying machines (I would assume the R4 too) and a couple of Mercs can really shift. Not quite the spectacle of the Bugatti for sure but a lot less grinding required :lol:.

I've got the Nissan GT-R35 Touring Car you see, of the three races in Like The Wind I've achieved gold in the first, silver in the third and fourth place in the second, which has some very sharp bends. It was just that moving to the V6 with the horsepower over 1000 I was wondering why the Nissan was actually faster?

I do love Audi and Mercedes so will look at the manufacturers lists when I'm next on it, thanks again Thorin Cain. :gtplanet:

Mission almost accomplished on Like The Wind. I sold the V6 and put the High Range Turbo Kit in the R-35 and got gold in the third race and a silver on the Special Stage Route 7, just 2 seconds behind that pesky Pescarolo!

I have 1.5m saved towards the Bugatti Veyron too, maybe I won't need it after all.

But as I'm a newbie I can look around the forums and read up on how hard the Super Licence races are?

I was hoping for some Endurance racing in GT6 as in GT5 I can remember 60 lap affairs!

Well done :cheers:. Only 2 seconds back is not far, you might be able to make that up without much tweaking.

Yeah, the endurance races are pretty much non-existent in GT6, that's my only issue with the game. I loved the longer ones from GT5 :(.

Well done :cheers:. Only 2 seconds back is not far, you might be able to make that up without much tweaking.

Yeah, the endurance races are pretty much non-existent in GT6, that's my only issue with the game. I loved the longer ones from GT5 :(.

Well... I bought GT5 when I got the PS3 so if I really want to do it, I can redo GT5 just for the endurance racing.

There's 15 minute racing in the International A - yesterday I was very pleased at completing Rainmasters, gold in all events and using an XKR '13.

Looking forward to the Super Licence in GT6 - my guess is that this Kart championship will have to be done before unlocking the Super Licence?

As for the Like The Wind, no doubt we'll have that sorted later today, with or without tweaking.

Cheers Thorin Cain. :gtpflag:

Super Licence unlocked BUT... Willow Springs, 8 lap race in Bugatti Veyron, runs out of petrol after 3 laps, what's the point, do the other cars have to pit in for juice?

Apricot Hill, 650PP allowance so the Veyron is up to that, what are the other cars using, rocket fuel? This is way too hard, I can't catch up with any of them, why do games make the highest game level so much harder and virtually impossible?

Yes, the Veyron corners woefully. I can reduce the R35 from 700PP to 650PP - it's a fantastic drive, been using it across most events. Thanks for the link too, I'll be checking that out soon. :cheers:

@Thorin Cain my racing friend, this is very much 'horses for courses' isn't it! I just completed Nurburgring in the R35 a whole 1m 15secs ahead of the second car - however up against NISMO, FALKEN and the fact that the second placed car was the ASTRA V8 Coupe I considerI had an easy field there.

I managed gold also at the Suzuka but in Francochamps Spa I can absolutely get nowhere near them in the R35 - I suspect there will be a best car for each track here so I will have to find out this - I really would like the Pescarola C60 Hybride though it's £4m - the good thing is that the prize money in these Super Licence events is top notch and who minds doing a 20-minute drive at Nurbrurgring when you're guaranteed that kind of cash - I love it!

:gtpflag:

EDIT: At Francochamps I forgot to rest the power limiter to make it 700PP again so retrying! :embarrassed:

Last edited:
Horses for courses sounds about right :lol:. For the special level races I stuck with whichever type of car I would be racing against. I used the Mazda 787B for the 700pp ones and I think the Honda HSV or Nissan GT-R GT500 for the 600-650races. Given the success you've had with the R35 so far, it may well be all you need :).

Nice result in Nurburgring :cheers:.

Back