SUPER Willow Springs 20-mile Challenge Contest

United States
Maine
VooDooChilde333
OK, to clarify, its not a contest. Nothing to win, and I'm not asking for testers.
What I am doing is making a list of tunes that work really great for this specific event and track.

650pp or less
Sports Soft or less
--Normal-Car--
Willow Springs--8 laps
race includes possible Pit Stop(s)
Edit: pit stops optional.

I will update the second post with tunes and links to them, that are submitted.
I personally love to grind on this race once in awhile to get away from the normal grinding. What I would like, myself included, is not to find tunes already made by anyone, but for tuners who feel like playing along to pick anything that qualifies and tune specific for this event/race. Or alter something you already have, to be an event specific tune.

This is a great change of pace for everyone and will help newer players a ton when they first hit Super License.
If anyone feels like testing they are free to do so, just know I'm not asking and won't be monitoring it. So results are copyright(lol) of whoevers testing and only they will be accountable.
Good Luck, Thanks for Playing/Helping.
Have Fun and drive like your Immortal! :)

-D€MON-

Last edited:
I have a great deal of admiration for the Willow Springs event, as it is one of only two Super events suitable for tire wear testing of normal cars below 550PP, takes only half the time of the Ascari event, and has a credit per minute payout that is very much on par.

The fastest potential opposition is the FXX '07, so if you can consistently complete the event in under 11:30, you can win every time against any opposition.

I have developed a Lotus Elise '11 setup for SM which completes the race without a pit stop pretty easily between 11:15 and 11:20, and learned some potentially interesting clues about tuning for tire wear. I do not use SRF or NOS.

But if I understand the OP, a pit stop needs to be included in the race, so my setup does not qualify for posting here. But no problem, I will post a setup which does include a pit stop.

Oh by all means post both, lol.
I only said that because I personally like to get used to pit-timing. A properly placed pit stop for tires or gas, in the seasonal events, can be the difference between 1st and last place. We all know that, I just like to include that kind of thinking, the constant watch of tires and gas, when I'm grinding in events like this. Helps it become second nature.
But by all means, if you have something interesting like that for this event please share it :)
Also, kind of funny the first response to my post was a lotus, lol. I am currently tuning an Elise myself for this post. I'm working on the little "Elise Sport 190 '98".
Thanks for the responce, and looking forward to your set ups :)

edit: I edited the OP to say 'optional' for pit stops.

Last edited:
Lotus Elise '11 Flat Floor "Grinder Edition" 525 PP SM
346 HP, 964 Kg, PL 96.7%

The purpose of this setup is to grind the Willow Springs Super event. This means easily able to win every time against any opposition. Today, sweaty after my fencing lesson and drinking a beer, I raced the first lineup which happened to be an FXX on pole with the Huayra right behind him. I took the lead after the others had all pitted, and easily fended off the Huayra and FXX without blocking, a simple and effective strategy if you've got the pace and the tires at the end. My setup is loosely based on one that Hami put out recently, but is customized for a Flat Floor, me and my G27, and this particular event.

Race time was 11:33.216, BL 1:21.487 on lap 3, MoV 6.654. A total time 11:15, BL of 1:20.xxx is easily doable.

Tire wear was 4/6 across the front, 3/6 at the rear, with the left rear turning to 3 only at the last corner of the last lap. Though I could have gone quicker, and my setup can still be developed, I am satisfied that I have a decent grinder here.

G27
Auto trans
Active Off
TC1
ABS 1
ASM Off
SRF Off
Elise '11 has all weight reductions, power, transmission and drivetrain mods plus flat floor.
Sport Medium tires
105/95
4.50/8.00
5/3
5/6
7/7
0/0
0.0/0.0
Brake 3/1
Set final to max, max speed to 112
Final to 3.600
12-12-16
200 Kg ballast @ -50, 50:50

No claim is made that this setup is particularly quick for its PP. For instance, I have plenty of other cars that can lap Apricot quicker at the same PP. This setup is merely for grinding Willow with no pit stop. It was a fun experiment in tire wear tuning. For variation, you can run against weaker lineups, run a mellower exhaust system, and experience less tire wear.

Tune list updated.
Thanks for breaking the ice for me ^^

I have 2 that I am working on for this post. As soon as I get at least one of them completed, I am definitely going to try that one out man, Looks fun :)

I've tested a few of the MP4's from the December CoTM at Willow Springs 20-mile Challenge, a few that stood out were
McLaren MP4-12C '10 550pp by Thorin Cain,
550pp McLaren MP4 by ImToLegitToQuit,
December Car of the Month - McLaren MP4-12C '10 - COME JOIN THE FUN! by @sinof1337.
The reason I mention these three is that you can win with 550PP cars, I pitted halfway through the race with all 3 on SS. The other cars in the CoTM will all work too, these were just my personal favorites especially since they were at 550PP. :cheers:

I was kind of hoping you would have joined in the CoTM, so I guess I'll have to wait for you to put one here so I can try it there at Willow Springs 20-mile challenge.👍

The nissan one is on now right?
The r33?
You will definitely have me throw one of those up, R33's are my favorite of the R cars.
And yeah, my McLaren got interrupted when the new Mazda rocket-boat came out. (that thing LOVES water, lol.) and then followed by the 2 seasonals that pay out over a mil a race that just so happen to be rain/water racers, lol.
But those tunes are done now, I have 2 I am working on for this. One of which by the way your going to see what it is and say 'no friggin way is that competing with these cars...', lol.
I will revise the top list when I get home tonight, thanks for bringing them in here man ^^
And I will be juicing up an r33 soon after those.

MCLAREN F1 '94

mclaren_f1_73.jpg

- this car was tuned to soft race tire in nunburgring nordschleife circuit. Update details on version (1:06) .Had good acceptance .and a car for experienced riders, because walking a lot.
Top_10_Fastest_Cars_in_the_World_5.jpg

- is that right now you have to test with soft sports tire:cheers::odd:

Mazda ☆KUSABI☆ '03
526PP 289hp
791kg 54/46

1,300cc 255ft/lb
FF dt 2.73 kg/hp

Stock tires/paint
No aero anything
change oil/regidity up
sports soft tires
70/70
5.30/4.50
2/1
1/2
2/1
0.7/0.7
-0.10/+0.15
brakes- 8/5
LSD 5/13/13
all power upgrades maxed
supercharger
all weight parts maxed
triple clutch kit
no ballast
transmission;
max final gear
auto speed set to 112mph
1- 3.000
2- 2.140
3- 1.670
4- 1.370
5- 1.150
6- 1.000
final to 3.450

I pitted at the end of lap 4 for tires/fuel
I did most of the tune changing and testing on sports medium, but I ran the race on SS.
You should be able to use either one with no changes.
This car is very fun. I was in first by the middle of lap 4, then pit stop, then back in first by sometime in the 7th lap.
The KUSABI is a very fun car. I have tested a few cars that are faster and I didn't have to work as much to get/stay in first, but this responded better control-wise and was easier on the tires. By the last lap your plenty ahead of the second car anyway, so I guess the overall top speed isnt all that important compared to agility.

Mazda ☆KUSABI☆ '03
526PP 289hp
791kg 54/46

1,300cc 255ft/lb
FF dt 2.73 kg/hp

Stock tires/paint
No aero anything
change oil/regidity up
sports soft tires
70/70
5.30/4.50
2/1
1/2
2/1
0.7/0.7
-0.10/+0.15
brakes- 8/5
LSD 5/13/13
all power upgrades maxed
supercharger
all weight parts maxed
triple clutch kit
no ballast
transmission;
max final gear
auto speed set to 112mph
1- 3.000
2- 2.140
3- 1.670
4- 1.370
5- 1.150
6- 1.000
final to 3.450

I pitted at the end of lap 4 for tires/fuel
I did most of the tune changing and testing on sports medium, but I ran the race on SS.
You should be able to use either one with no changes.
This car is very fun. I was in first by the middle of lap 4, then pit stop, then back in first by sometime in the 7th lap.
The KUSABI is a very fun car. I have tested a few cars that are faster and I didn't have to work as much to get/stay in first, but this responded better control-wise and was easier on the tires. By the last lap your plenty ahead of the second car anyway, so I guess the overall top speed isnt all that important compared to agility.
Nice one 👍, your right about this car handling well, it just seems we forget those cars and keep going to our favorites. When I get some time sunday or monday I`ll try it. Should be a worthy investment even if I just use it for that race. :lol:

Thanks man ^^
As I said, I have faster, I just enjoy this ride a lot, and its even styled handling. My only complaint is you can't paint it. :( but as far as complaints go, thats minor, lol :)

I just tried my Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33) '97 that I'm tuning for the CoMT, I have it at 500PP, pitted after 4 laps on SS, pretty easy win:sly:. the only issue I have with it is my front left tire that really gets used up (level 5 and 4 ) :banghead:, since I know nothing about tire wear it would be like taking shots in the dark to try to fix that, but still did good considering I didn't even fine tune the transmission for this track. Just wondering how low of a PP level we could find a car to win this. I can't wait to try the Kusabi this weekend, if it does as well as I think it does I might try down tuning the power just to see.:cheers:

OK, to clarify, its not a contest. Nothing to win, and I'm not asking for testers.
What I am doing is making a list of tunes that work really great for this specific event and track.

650pp or less
Sports Soft or less
--Normal-Car--
Willow Springs--8 laps
race includes possible Pit Stop(s)
Edit: pit stops optional.

I will update the second post with tunes and links to them, that are submitted.
I personally love to grind on this race once in awhile to get away from the normal grinding. What I would like, myself included, is not to find tunes already made by anyone, but for tuners who feel like playing along to pick anything that qualifies and tune specific for this event/race. Or alter something you already have, to be an event specific tune.

This is a great change of pace for everyone and will help newer players a ton when they first hit Super License.
If anyone feels like testing they are free to do so, just know I'm not asking and won't be monitoring it. So results are copyright(lol) of whoevers testing and only they will be accountable.
Good Luck, Thanks for Playing/Helping.
Have Fun and drive like your Immortal! :)

-D€MON-
Hey do you still play???

Back