V8 Thunder | V8 RWD GT4 Racing - Looking for drivers!!!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 86 comments
So, do we need to have replica liveries from the supercars series or no? I only ask because both of you guys are using them.

This looks quite cool @R1600Turbo!

I'm not sure I'll be able to make all the races and I don't want to take anyone's spot in case the list fills in, can I be put down as a reserve maybe? I'm normally an Aston Martin guy, but for a change and some fun, I'll give the Corvette a go! :D

PSN Name: larrybr07n
GTPlanet Name: larrybr07n
Car Type: Chevrolet Corvette
Car Number: #707
Tire Brand: TBD

Tweaked the OP a little bit. Will hop on shortly to do some testing if anyone wants to join. Maybe a couple quick races so we can practice standing starts.
I can be on in ~45 minutes if you’re planning on keeping the lobby open that long.

Thanks to @rsrgse for swinging by for a bit. Drove most of the cars, pretty clear we still have some work to do on the BOP. Hoping to get that worked out in time for the pre-season race, though I expect some minor changes after that race might be necessary. For reference I am in high 58's, low 59's at Nurburgring GP in the Lexus if anyone wants to compare. I think the SLS, Corvette and Aston are going to have to be nerfed a bit to bring them down to the same level as the Lexus. I'll need to drive the Mustang more, and the F-Type is fairly even.

I'll help you out with the BOP stuff. Send me a message with what you want me to do.
I was basically using the Lexus as a base and trying to get everything else equal to it. Set a good time with it and then tried another car. If at the last sector split it was up by more than .500 of a second, I would exit and adjust power/weight and then try again. Going off Nova's advice of adding 1% weight and subtracting 1% power at each adjustment until it was close.

Question, do you guys prefer to keep the 1 hour long race format or would you prefer to break it up? Say, one 20 minute race and one 40 minute race? Or some other division?

Question, do you guys prefer to keep the 1 hour long race format or would you prefer to break it up? Say, one 20 minute race and one 40 minute race? Or some other division?
I like the 1 hour race, or you could run (2) 30 minute races, first one off qualifying, the 2nd Reverse grid. Would certainly shake up the grid and make for some traffic in race 2 for the faster guys.

I also don’t have any issues with an hour long race but I’d prefer a format like you mentioned. I think a 20 minute race 1 with qualifying before and a 40 minute race 2 that starts with reverse grid order from race 1 would make things interesting. 20 minutes in the first race keeps things closer when the grid is ordered fastest first and 40 minutes in race two gives the faster cars ample opportunity to fight through the field.

I also don’t have any issues with an hour long race but I’d prefer a format like you mentioned. I think a 20 minute race 1 with qualifying before and a 40 minute race 2 that starts with reverse grid order from race 1 would make things interesting. 20 minutes in the first race keeps things closer when the grid is ordered fastest first and 40 minutes in race two gives the faster cars ample opportunity to fight through the field.
Cool, I think we'll go with that for most of the races. I think we'll stick with the longer race for Bathurst though. 👍

Cool, I think we'll go with that for most of the races. I think we'll stick with the longer race for Bathurst though. 👍
Right on, Bathurst 1000 lite lol
I like the idea of a 20 minute sprint race and a 40 minute feature race. Special events can be 60 minute double points hauls
Having the hour-long race at Bathurst at the end of the season be a double point event would definitely keep things lively.

Got the lap counts finalized and the BOP is probably pretty close, just waiting on a second opinion. I've decided to stay with the Medium and Soft compound tires. Some of these cars understeer pretty good on the medium compound already, I think running the hard will just make people feel like we're torturing them lol. So we'll run the medium compound as the standard tire (only compound available in the first race) and offer the soft compound for the second race where both compounds will have to be used.

With that said, we only have 4 people confirmed so far with 2 reserves. That is not a high enough registration count for me to move forward with the season. I'm pretty picky when it comes to grid sizes. We can try to run the pre-season race this weekend just to get a feel for things, but I will probably delay the official start until we bring some more people in. So, do spread the word if you can.

Got the lap counts finalized and the BOP is probably pretty close, just waiting on a second opinion. I've decided to stay with the Medium and Soft compound tires. Some of these cars understeer pretty good on the medium compound already, I think running the hard will just make people feel like we're torturing them lol. So we'll run the medium compound as the standard tire (only compound available in the first race) and offer the soft compound for the second race where both compounds will have to be used.

With that said, we only have 4 people confirmed so far with 2 reserves. That is not a high enough registration count for me to move forward with the season. I'm pretty picky when it comes to grid sizes. We can try to run the pre-season race this weekend just to get a feel for things, but I will probably delay the official start until we bring some more people in. So, do spread the word if you can.
Been a busy week for me. Hoping to get some laps in over the next few days with your latest numbers. Really like the idea of Race Medium exclusively in race 1, and both required in Race 2....nice touch. I have posted on my series threads in the hope's that it would attract some attention. I think given some time to soak, people will start to trickle in. Keep the thread alive and run some recruitment rooms during the week, but you are making a good move on delaying until the numbers are there. I tied up focusing and practicing for my Michelin Gr4 series testing race this Friday and then the Porsche series next. From there, I have nothing going on the final 2 weeks in May. I'll open and run some recruitment rooms to try and get some attention on the series. It's a great format, and I cant help but see it take off.

Back