Valtteri Bottas Gives Us a Look Behind the Wheel (and Halo) of a 2018 F1 Car

Could be worse - see GTS' FOV in cockpit view :D I guess some "purists" may even be disappointed if it doesn't hide more.

I hope they either move to another solution in 2019 or scrap it. Try sticking on a halolike sticker on your windscreen. Its anoying as hell. I can imagine in rain you might miss the brakelight in certain situations or tilting your head to just see what is dead in front of you.

It looks so bad but if it can save a life or reduce the chance of injury, I suppose it's a necessary evil.

It'll take a long time for me to accept seeing it though. It's like the Mona Lisa with a moustache or the Sistine Chapel with Michelangelo woz ere written on the ceiling. Nasty.:yuck:

Massa is the most recent accident I can think of, and this halo would not have made a difference for him.

I guess you can't can pay these drivers enough to put up with this sort of stuff.

Looking at the highlights it appears to me it will be harder to recognize the driver quickly as the helmet is not visible at all... Wonder if they will introduce liveries for these things on a latter stage.

Back