• 15 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Premium
Vietnam
Fairfield, CT
GTP_Jake / XRef
Can anyone explain why the VCD setting ranges 10-50? The numbers in the description do not match the slider. Please help! This setting makes no sense to me...

:ouch:

I think VCD means 'variable center differential'. It sets how much power goes to which axle. If you set it to 10, 10% of the power go to the front, and 90% to the back. 50 will make a 50%/50% distribution. So, the number you set says how many percent of the available power go to the front. At least that's how I understand it.

Regards
the Interceptor

the Interceptor
I think VCD means 'variable center differential'. It sets how much power goes to which axle. If you set it to 10, 10% of the power go to the front, and 90% to the back. 50 will make a 50%/50% distribution. So, the number you set says how many percent of the available power go to the front. At least that's how I understand it.

Regards
the Interceptor

👍

Quite right

For more info have a look at the second of my GT4 tuning guides (link in my signature), which covers the VCD, AYC, LSD and gear ratios (and a bit more).

Regards

Scaff

the Interceptor

Regards
the Interceptor
👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

TS
Don't mess with it if you don't know how to adjust it.

Sorry dude, but that was a useless response... 👎 I find your signature very ironic:
"Advice for new members: You will be thought of better if you obey the rules and actually contribute to the community. Use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation; only post when you actually have something worth posting."

the Interceptor

Regards
the Interceptor

Interceptor : That's exactly how the guys over at WRS describe it. Thanks for your input!

------------

Scaff: thanks for the tuning guide!

9D8TSIAWD
Its a shame they don't let you go to 0-100% distribution like you can in some cars in real life (skyline).

I strongly advise thinking twice about fitting a VCD (or LSD) to the later generation Skylines, as they tend to handle much better without them fitted.

But I would agree a greater range of adjustments would be better.

Regards

Scaff

yeah.. leave VCD out of GT-R's unless you're going for 300mph. for some funny reason, VCD manages to cause nice power surge on test track with proper settings, which allows brick-like GT-R's slip past 300mph.

That's not selectable on the evos tho. It occurs when the yaw control and the front to back electronic distribution are working to give the car the best traction.

The STI's on another note are able to select the distribution to the rear tires.

Scaff
I strongly advise thinking twice about fitting a VCD (or LSD) to the later generation Skylines, as they tend to handle much better without them fitted.

But I would agree a greater range of adjustments would be better.

Regards

Scaff

True, very true.

Skylines, I leave it stock

Evos, I just buy LSD and tune it from there or mess with VCD. Yaw control is whack. my opinion

Impreza's I set all the power to the rear.

So I've noticed that you can't make most 4WD cars with VCD go front drive, but only rear drive. Are there any where you can push at least 90% of the power up front??

Rev It Up
So I've noticed that you can't make most 4WD cars with VCD go front drive, but only rear drive. Are there any where you can push at least 90% of the power up front??

No its not possiable, 50% to the front is the max.

Then again why would you want to push all the power to the front?

Scaff

FF will make the car weaker and understeer...?

Setting all the power to the rear will make it corner faster, making it feel like its an RWD car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back