VCRC vintage & low power :: Sunday 3pm GMT / 10am US EST

Couldn't reconnect in time before qualifying... Kept getting the 697 error while my connection and nat type are fine...
 
Great racing everyone one, I enjoyed this funky little motor. It got a little darker than I planned but I thought it made the end a bit exciting. Once again I did my fastest laps in the wet......by two seconds!

image.jpg
image.jpg
 
I couldn't even really notice a difference in the wet besides being faster. Kept thinking I'd have to adjust my braking points for the wet but never did. It looked way cool though!
 
Another awesome car to drive. Had a blast with it 👍

There's something about the rain that makes my brain say SLOW DOWN :lol: Especially when we started getting up around 20% coverage.

Thanks again everyone, and thanks for host @BrandonW77 see you all next week! Maybe have a guest appearance by @watermelonpunch?
 
A good race today. That is an interesting gearbox on the Bellet. not too quick through the rev range, but I never felt like it was wallowing trying to accelerate out of any of the corners at Motegi. PersonAbove-Nice drove an excellent battle in the middle. He had me in the end, after I had a big off trying to turn my lights on (Doh!). Not to take anything away from him. He put it in the dirt on the final chicane a couple of times, so I think we evened out in the self-inflicted time penalties.

I liked the course and it seems, from the times, that everyone had someone to race.
 
PersonAbove-Nice drove an excellent battle in the middle. He had me in the end, after I had a big off trying to turn my lights on (Doh!). Not to take anything away from him. He put it in the dirt on the final chicane a couple of times, so I think we evened out in the self-inflicted time penalties.

Yes, quite a battle we had :) And yes, I couldn't get a grasp of that last chicane a few times and ended up into the dirt. Other than that the race was excellent.
 
Another trip to the real life mechanic garage this morning unfortunately. 👎 :irked:
I rather like the Bellet too.
Anyone take race photomodes? ^^ :)
 
My lights come on automatically. Don't yours?
Apparently not. I thought they would, but it kept getting darker and darker. Finally had to do it manually. No issue now I know how.
 
I would like to join this event, but I cannot find the time for the start of the next race. When will that be?
 
I would like to join this event, but I cannot find the time for the start of the next race. When will that be?

We race every Sunday at 3pm GMT (which is currently 11am EDT, will revert to 10am in a few weeks). @watermelonpunch is the normal host and mastermind of the group but her work life currently has her on hiatus so I am guest hosting for the time being. Make sure you've read the first couple posts to familiarize yourself with the procedures and expected conduct and then send me a FR on PSN, BrandonW77. This week we're racing the '78 Trans Am Screaming Chicken (on CS tires) at Laguna Seca. 👍
 
I'm away from GT/PS3, but I thought it was Sport Softs rather than Comfort Softs. Of course, I could be remembering wrong.
 
Hm it's not likely that we would use sports soft tires on low power cars. Plus sports softs are too easy
 
I'm away from GT/PS3, but I thought it was Sport Softs rather than Comfort Softs. Of course, I could be remembering wrong.

It's whatever comes stock on the Screaming Chicken when you buy it, which I believe is comfort soft. I guarantee it isn't sports soft and even if it came with those stock we wouldn't use them. If anyone could investigate what the car comes with from the factory and report back I'd appreciate it (I too am away from the game for a while). 👍
 
Hm it's not likely that we would use sports soft tires on low power cars. Plus sports softs are too easy
It does come w/Comfort Softs, but at 431 HP, I'm not sure I'd consider it a low power car.
 
No way it doesn't have that much power does it? :confused: That sounds way too high. This was an American car made in the '70s so I don't think cars that powerful were allowed but I could be totally wrong.
 
Back