Vehicle Tuning

  • Thread starter Thread starter JBranco
  • 20 comments
  • 1,290 views
Messages
124
Portugal
Portugal
Messages
tcorolla
Does an Oil Change count as a vehicle tuning? because i was just in a room where one of the restrictions was vehicle tuing prohibited, and i had nothing changed in the car, except an oil change.

Tips?
 
in other day had same problem on my league, four rally models from 1999, Ford Focus, Mitsubishi Lancer, Peugeot 206 and Subaru Impreza, noboby had changed oil, only Peugeot 206 could join, new bug?

buyed a new car and try to join, and couldn´t join
 
I don't think an oil change should count as tuning as its essential to perform them to keep an engine at peak performance after driving for a few hundred miles.
 
Oil change and the body reinforcement don't count as tuning. Neither does applying the power limiter and adjusting the braking balance.
 
Oil change and the body reinforcement don't count as tuning. Neither does applying the power limiter and adjusting the braking balance.

Yes, it shouldn't!!
But still i wasn't able to run, and the car i was about to run, just had the oil changed, didn't have the body reinforcement, nor any performance parts were bought. It was weird.
Tried later with an car fully upgraded (including oil change and body reinforcement), and I fully downgraded it, and still nothing.

Perhaps it's another bug, that is going to be fixed in v.1.07 (LOL) right before our DLC tracks monthly promised (LOL++)

:rolleyes::D
 
Oil change shouldn't, its not a tuning part. Did it stop you from competing?
 
yep! i couldn't even go to track.

I must have been something else, I am sure. I constantly run in tuning restricted lobbies with an oil changed car.
 
Does an Oil Change count as a vehicle tuning? because i was just in a room where one of the restrictions was vehicle tuing prohibited, and i had nothing changed in the car, except an oil change.

Tips?
Custom wheels? Custom parts of any kind, even cosmetic like front splitters and such?
 
Custom wheels? Custom parts of any kind, even cosmetic like front splitters and such?
This. They definitely count. I had to take the front splitter and flat floor off of my V12 Aston for one of the career races that specified no tuning. I assume they're the same rules it goes by for online lobbies.
 
This. They definitely count. I had to take the front splitter and flat floor off of my V12 Aston for one of the career races that specified no tuning. I assume they're the same rules it goes by for online lobbies.
Definitely. Even custom rims the same size as the original rims count as tuning. You can't add any parts, can't stiffen the chassis and can't tune anything. You can change the oil, tires, engine limiter, brake balance, restore the chassis stiffness, rebuild the engine, paint and wash the car and that's it IIRC.
 
uhm… well, i guess i've changed the wheels, body color (?), but as far as spoilers and front splitters go, i don't think i've done that…
but i suppose i have changed the wheels….
always thought that the tuning they referred was engine and PP tuning, not "body kits" nor wheels… but it makes sense though.

Johnnypenso
thanks.
 
Ballast position also earns you no entry into a tuning prohibited race, even if there is no ballast added.

Is it possible that you have changed the reinforce too and not put it back to exactly as stock, or too much engine power limiting?

I ran in a tuning prohibited race last night with a car that had been painted and changed the wheels, although I did not increase the size of the wheels.
 
Definitely. Even custom rims the same size as the original rims count as tuning. You can't add any parts, can't stiffen the chassis and can't tune anything. You can change the oil, tires, engine limiter, brake balance, restore the chassis stiffness, rebuild the engine, paint and wash the car and that's it IIRC.
Custom rims the same size don't count as tuning (only when you increase size). The chassis stiffener also doesn't count as tuning, though it did in GT5. Please note I'm not applying my own opinion of what tuning is - this is just how the game sees things.

Separate of those restrictions, occasionally the online portion doesn't work correctly. That's almost always remedied by backing out of the online server & cleaning your cache (Options > Network > Clean Cache), at least in my experience.
 
Custom rims the same size don't count as tuning (only when you increase size). The chassis stiffener also doesn't count as tuning"

Separate of those restrictions, occasionally the online portion doesn't work correctly. That's almost always remedied by backing out of the online server & cleaning your cache (Options > Network > Clean Cache), at least in my experience.
It's too funny changing wheel size counts against tuning as according to all accounts on GTP, it's done nothing to affect handling. While chassis stiffening obviously is tuning-related. I think PD had a "take your kids to work day" when this game was being assembled and forgot to take them home.
 
Custom rims the same size don't count as tuning (only when you increase size). The chassis stiffener also doesn't count as tuning, though it did in GT5. Please note I'm not applying my own opinion of what tuning is - this is just how the game sees things.

Separate of those restrictions, occasionally the online portion doesn't work correctly. That's almost always remedied by backing out of the online server & cleaning your cache (Options > Network > Clean Cache), at least in my experience.

No, wheels of any size can get into a tuning prohibited room. Every room I've ever created has been set to tuning prohibited and I've raced plenty of cars with +1 and +2 wheels. 👍
 
No, wheels of any size can get into a tuning prohibited room. Every room I've ever created has been set to tuning prohibited and I've raced plenty of cars with +1 and +2 wheels. 👍
I guess you're the lucky exception. It definitely does not allow me to enter the track in every no tuning room I've been in if I have +1 or +2 sized rims, and the 100+ people in the no-tuning league I'm in also report the same restriction.
 
I guess you're the lucky exception. It definitely does not allow me to enter the track in every no tuning room I've been in if I have +1 or +2 sized rims, and the 100+ people in the no-tuning league I'm in also report the same restriction.

This made me curious so I just tried it again and put these 2+ wheels on a car.

image.jpg


Joined a buddy's room that had tuning prohibited.
image.jpg


Tried to enter the track

image.jpg


And was granted approval.

image.jpg


Not sure what I'm doing differently but it always works for me.
 
Speaking of tuning prohibited, does that mean the "Aero Kit" visuals under custom parts actually do something to affect the car's handling? Or are they just there for visuals? Honestly, flat floors and rear wings make sense as tuning, but unless the body kits do anything to affect performance then it's silly to restrict those.
 
Back