Venom: October 5, 2018Movies 

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 29 comments
...Nah, only seventeen months for a project of this scale to complete? Can't see it happening. The article says even the director isn't a lock yet. And when that's sorted, next on the list should be the script and the casting of the rest of the roster - that takes a lot of time. And finally, the CGI effects - those take a whoop-ass long time to get right, too.

That's why most big-budget productions, even when rushed, takes almost 24 months minimum.

And if the lead star decides to drop out for whatever the reason he finds convenient? Hah.

I screamed like a school girl about as hard as I did when Deadpool was confirmed. Venom has always been my favorite Marvel Villain, closely followed by Doom and Thanos.

...Nah, only seventeen months for a project of this scale to complete? Can't see it happening. The article says even the director isn't a lock yet. And when that's sorted, next on the list should be the script and the casting of the rest of the roster - that takes a lot of time. And finally, the CGI effects - those take a whoop-ass long time to get right, too.

That's why most big-budget productions, even when rushed, takes almost 24 months minimum.

And if the lead star decides to drop out for whatever the reason he finds convenient? Hah.

Hardy usually doesn't drop out of stuff, he had to decline Suicide Squad cause WB wouldn't work with his schedule for mad max. However, it seems Hardy enjoys playing the bad guy in comic book roles. Though if it lags on forever, and doesn't seem likely then maybe.

Also this is Disney, they have tons of CGI programs at their disposal due to all their other works, so perhaps they know something we dont.

I want to know they'll tie it in with Spider-Man. Infinity War? Maybe?
I believe it's going to be separate to the MCU as it's being done by Sony but they're going to tie it into thier own set of movies instead.

I believe it's going to be separate to the MCU as it's being done by Sony but they're going to tie it into thier own set of movies instead.
Yeah, I just watched that Emergency Awesome guy.
Who knows? The symbiote could could be locked up in Oscorp.

Hardy usually doesn't drop out of stuff, he had to decline Suicide Squad cause WB wouldn't work with his schedule for mad max. However, it seems Hardy enjoys playing the bad guy in comic book roles. Though if it lags on forever, and doesn't seem likely then maybe.

Also this is Disney, they have tons of CGI programs at their disposal due to all their other works, so perhaps they know something we dont.

...Again, I didn't get the notification from you quoting me!! What is going on?! It only happens when you quote me - it's bizarre, really. :confused:

As for Hardy dropping out, I was just saying that as a possibility, however remote it may seem.

But the CGI thing should be far more trickier to get sorted out properly. Venom, as is the case with every other Superhero flick, will be CGI intensive, and I just can't see this film landing in the cinemas within the timeframe talked about in the article. Force Awakens took almost the whole year to get the 3D shots, the CGI and effects to look great IIRC, and that was after a year of script messaging, actor rehearsals, costume fittings and actual location/soundstage filming, then editing and scoring.

Seventeen months to get this movie made and delivered is just unrealistic, IMO, unless "they" don't care about the end result at all other than quickly cashing in on the Spiderman reboot/MCU tie-in craze.

...Again, I didn't get the notification from you quoting me!! What is going on?! It only happens when you quote me - it's bizarre, really. :confused:

As for Hardy dropping out, I was just saying that as a possibility, however remote it may seem.

But the CGI thing should be far more trickier to get sorted out properly. Venom, as is the case with every other Superhero flick, will be CGI intensive, and I just can't see this film landing in the cinemas within the timeframe talked about in the article. Force Awakens took almost the whole year to get the 3D shots, the CGI and effects to look great IIRC, and that was after a year of script messaging, actor rehearsals, costume fittings and actual location/soundstage filming, then editing and scoring.

Seventeen months to get this movie made and delivered is just unrealistic, IMO, unless "they" don't care about the end result at all other than quickly cashing in on the Spiderman reboot/MCU tie-in craze.

Yeah it is.

I mean sure anything is a possibility but he has been pretty good about sticking to roles when he can, one of the reasons I enjoy him as an actor.

Yes but they actually have Disney/Marvel helping them and on their side. I expect the movie to yet again be distributed by Sony, and a full on Marvel/Disney production. I think the reason they can get it out is because they probably have for a long time, had ideas for these characters that have been out of touch for them. Which is why I think marvel is so keen on getting the FF portion of the Marvel universe back into the stables.

Yeah it is.

I mean sure anything is a possibility but he has been pretty good about sticking to roles when he can, one of the reasons I enjoy him as an actor.

Yes but they actually have Disney/Marvel helping them and on their side. I expect the movie to yet again be distributed by Sony, and a full on Marvel/Disney production. I think the reason they can get it out is because they probably have for a long time, had ideas for these characters that have been out of touch for them. Which is why I think marvel is so keen on getting the FF portion of the Marvel universe back into the stables.

...Well, I just hope the project don't fall through - Avi Arad has been, for the better part of two decades, trying to get the Spidey side characters going but for one reason or the other stumbled badly. Last time, he got this close to making the Sinister Six but then Amazing Spiderman 2 tanked critically, so we all know what happened there.

Fingers crossed for the usually-reliable Marvel magic to work its thing here. Tom Hardy Venom should be a thing of wonder if done right. I support his candidacy wholeheartedly as he so convincingly uttered one of my fav quotes of all time in Inception, after all.

"Mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."

Say, I checked Marvelpedia and it mentions the symbiote had a brief encounter with Deadpool
Beyonder's Battleworld where it briefly bonded with Deadpool while he was trying a machine that create any article of clothing a person can imagine, however, after sensing it feeding on his thoughts, Deadpool rejected the symbiote. Yet having communicated with Deadpool's twisted psyche drove the symbiote insane.
I guess Spider-Man: Homecoming could mention "mutants" and Deadpool. Now I can't wait. Hope this will be done as clever as Deadpool.

I guess Spider-Man: Homecoming could mention "mutants" and Deadpool. Now I can't wait. Hope this will be done as clever as Deadpool.
Nope. As of now, the only Marvel property that is still in limbo is the Fantastic Four (currently with FOX), and that is because of two things, one is the appearances of Ego the Living Planet (and the Celestials by extension) and Adam Warlock in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and the other is confirmation that Stan Lee's appearances in Marvel films is in a capacity of a Watcher (by Kevin Feige). The closest that they could get to Mutants in the MCU is Inhumans.

Well that changes things if I understood it correctly, though even the writer seems a bit confused on the logistics of it all. To me it basically spells out that Spider man (the character not the comic universe) will be the only one to get the Disney/Marvel treatment with Sony distribution. While all other characters from Sony will not get this same extended treatment, and it seems Disney is somewhat distancing themselves from it.

I still think that with as much technology the movies industry has had for some time as these movies have grown that it isn't a stretch to see such a time table. Especially if a script has been on the boards and just never gained traction. I hope it all works out and it'd be nice if it did somehow connect to the MCU down the road.

Nope. As of now, the only Marvel property that is still in limbo is the Fantastic Four (currently with FOX), and that is because of two things, one is the appearances of Ego the Living Planet (and the Celestials by extension) and Adam Warlock in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and the other is confirmation that Stan Lee's appearances in Marvel films is in a capacity of a Watcher (by Kevin Feige). The closest that they could get to Mutants in the MCU is Inhumans.
My wife watched x-Men Apocolypse. The scene where Jean, Scott, Jubilee & Kurt exit the theatre, Return Of The Jedi was playing(I understand it's the same studio). I wouldn't say it's not possible for "word sharing" in the MCU/Fox/Sony, at some point.

My wife watched x-Men Apocolypse. The scene where Jean, Scott, Jubilee & Kurt exit the theatre, Return Of The Jedi was playing(I understand it's the same studio). I wouldn't say it's not possible for "word sharing" in the MCU/Fox/Sony, at some point.
Of course not. That is ultimately Kevin Feige's goal. It is just that the movie rights were screwed up before he was put in charge of Marvel Studios.

When you watch the teaser trailer, then realise it's not April Fool's Day.

lol.gif

...Gosh, I really hope this one works out. I really do. I dunno, I just got this uneasy feeling after watching the teaser.

Just came back from seeing it for free.
I was entertained. All the possibilities moving forward. Short movie and it kept moving.

Venom as a character was good. Comic book good. Would fit lively in the MCU the way certain things were explained.

Doesn’t deserve the negativity the press is giving it. It could’ve been mangled very easily but it is good. It does need some polishing, I think the 3rd act gets rushed a bit to wrap it up but they spend a considerable amount of time establishing Brock and Venom’s relationship. It feels like Riot is just there for conflict and you see who they set up as the real villain you want with the sequel to properly flesh out that battle.

Like, I’ve seen some YouTube reviews that just completely focus on stupid things or didn’t pay any attention. “Haha, why didn’t the little girl get to ask her question afterwards?” That’s so minsicule to the plot and it’s explained a second later: the guy has interview with Brock and the little girl will field questions to the class instead. I’ve just seen some really dumb criticisms for this movie, one asking, “They don’t even attempt to tease Spider Man”. :banghead:

The writing could have been better, but I kept expectations low. What some theories were suggesting, didn't happen.
The mention of about five Symbiote and how we'd see them all coming for Venom. Far from that theory.
Though, the coolest surprise, was female Venom.

The final scene is definitely rushed and hard to make out. However, they did Venom's look and did justice to his strength. And he's the runt.

In my book, this movie is what I would call "A Masterpiece".

Like, seriously, I don't understand all the bad press the movie is getting. I think it was pretty solid and fullfilled its purpose.

In my book, this movie is what I would call "A Masterpiece".

Like, seriously, I don't understand all the bad press the movie is getting. I think it was pretty solid and fullfilled its purpose.

I havent seen it yet, but "critics" have panned it, as well as some youtubers I follow. However some people I know say it is a solid film and liked the movie. Perhaps the high quality of (marvel) super hero movies have set the bar too high for this one?

I havent seen it yet, but "critics" have panned it, as well as some youtubers I follow. However some people I know say it is a solid film and liked the movie. Perhaps the high quality of (marvel) super hero movies have set the bar too high for this one?

Honestly, I don't know what movie they actually watched. The movie is quite good: Fast faced, enjoyable, has great action and humour moments and Tom Hardy brings Venom to life in a way I think no one could have ever done better.

To be honest, I enjoyed it even more than other Marvel movies.

Honestly, I don't know what movie they actually watched. The movie is quite good: Fast faced, enjoyable, has great action and humour moments and Tom Hardy brings Venom to life in a way I think no one could have ever done better.

To be honest, I enjoyed it even more than other Marvel movies.

Thanks for your opinion! I am still looking forward to seeing it. The one thing that I was worried about was the lack of R-rating though.

Thanks for your opinion! I am still looking forward to seeing it. The one thing that I was worried about was the lack of R-rating though.
No worries there. Avengers aren't R rated and they can make it look dark. Homecoming had its dark moments as well.
No doubt, if it was given free reign like Deadpool, we might see something different. Again, for me, the writing was the main part lacking. Still, it's a good movie.

Back