Venture Beat interview Kazunori Yamauchi (14/01/10)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ladder Set 7
  • 31 comments
  • 4,169 views

Ladder Set 7

Premium
Messages
125
Wales
Wales
I apologise if this has been posted elsewhere but I've not been able to find it and there's been so much new stuff posted recently.

Let's try and not fill this thread with endless complaints about release dates, if you do want to complain about it can we all please try and keep the complaints to the other 7,000 threads that contain that melodrama.

Gran Turismo's Creator Takes a Fifth Stab at a Perfect racing Game

EDIT:
Sorry, just seen it mentioned briefly in another thread in that "Why the hell didn't I see that before" way that seems to happen.
 
Last edited:
I apologise if this has been posted elsewhere but I've not been able to find it and there's been so much new stuff posted recently.

Let's try and not fill this thread with endless complaints about release dates, if you do want to complain about it can we all please try and keep the complaints to the other 7,000 threads that contain that melodrama.

Gran Turismo's Creator Takes a Fifth Stab at a Perfect racing Game

👍

Hopefully this thread will stay complaint free!
 
not really anything new... or specifics

but thanks anyway :)
 
In Gran Turismo 5, we have objects on the race tracks that interact with the cars. We have fences, tires, and barriers. You will interact with objects on the course

maybe some fence deformation, or even breaking...
 
An interview that the world doesn´t need...

Anyway, thanks for posting that!
 
An interview that the world doesn´t need...

Anyway, thanks for posting that!
You're very welcome and thank you for commenting on behalf of every other person in the world, I'm sure the world appreciates it.
 
Good interview, I think GT5 will be getting a lot of updates similar to GT5: P.
 
this thread is still open?
 
So I wonder how mad Kaz will be when GT5 releases.
 
daamn. 500,000 polgons per car? that's actually crazy. Do they really even need that many?? couldn't they use that power to add more detailed textures or something :S wow.
 
Kazunori-san must really love this jacket given how I keep seeing him in it

gran-turismo-2.jpg
 

Attachments

  • gt09.jpg
    gt09.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 50
daamn. 500,000 polgons per car? that's actually crazy. Do they really even need that many?? couldn't they use that power to add more detailed textures or something :S wow.

if you think that, every little detail, such as ( headlights , interior, wheels, every button in the dash and panels, doors, sidemirrors, wings, brakes, steerings, emblems..such as "toyota", "VolksWagem"... and so on ) and every other car aspect are in real 3d ... 500.000 polygons are really worth it.
 
VB: Why do you keep doing it?

KY:Every time, it’s the same for me. I am usually pretty frustrated when a version comes out. Right after the release, I think we should have done this or should have done that. A game release is not a very happy time for me. When a new title comes out, I look to the next one to fix it.

:lol: .. with the recent japanese release date delay, you have to wonder if he's fixing everything before. its released this time. Would be a good thing i'm sure.

First time i've heard a hint of destructable crash barriers and fenses though. Hands up who'll be aiming for 600 polygon squirrels in the nordschleife forests!
 
Last edited:
if you think that, every little detail, such as ( headlights , interior, wheels, every button in the dash and panels, doors, sidemirrors, wings, brakes, steerings, emblems..such as "toyota", "VolksWagem"... and so on ) and every other car aspect are in real 3d ... 500.000 polygons are really worth it.

Dont worry, I appreciate it a lot :P To be fair PD are such perfectionists that the balance between all aspects of quality have probably been worked out. But thats a damn lot of polygons. Crysis' main characters have only 50,000 polygons. Enemies and such have around 30,000. But to have 10 times the number of polygons is crazy. If they can manage to leverage the ps3's hardware in this time of "polishing" the game, then the results should be even more so fantastic. Dont understand how they managed to 'find' 300,000 polygons between GT5P and GT5 and have 4 more cars on track along with better textures, physics, environments...
 
Dont worry, I appreciate it a lot :P To be fair PD are such perfectionists that the balance between all aspects of quality have probably been worked out. But thats a damn lot of polygons. Crysis' main characters have only 50,000 polygons. Enemies and such have around 30,000. But to have 10 times the number of polygons is crazy. If they can manage to leverage the ps3's hardware in this time of "polishing" the game, then the results should be even more so fantastic. Dont understand how they managed to 'find' 300,000 polygons between GT5P and GT5 and have 4 more cars on track along with better textures, physics, environments...

That´s Kazunory ways of life... perfection or nothing.. í´m quite impressed about de polygon count too... to be honest, cant even sleep anymore.. too much waiting..:)
 
You're very welcome and thank you for commenting on behalf of every other person in the world, I'm sure the world appreciates it.

There is no single question in that interview that brings us some new infos about GT5... always the same questions...

Why are you so pissed off? did you make that interview?
 
maybe some fence deformation, or even breaking...

Now fence deformation would be awesome... but giving the fact car deformation has only just made it into the game, I think it's unlikely (it might affect the overall 'quality' of the game :sly:) ... but with PD you just never know!!!
 
Why are you so pissed off?
To be completely honest, I didn't know I was until I read your post.
There is no single question in that interview that brings us some new infos about GT5... always the same questions...
I appreciate that there may well have been nothing in it that is new to you and I think that's great but from some of the replies in this thread and also from the discussions in other threads concerning the details of this interview it's very clear that although you knew evereything, not everybody in the GTP community did.

This thread is about the Kazunori Yamauchi's interview with Venture Beat, it's not about you knowing things which other people don't know and it's not about how I feel about you knowing things which other people don't know so let's try to not derail it.

Thanks.
 
if you think that, every little detail, such as ( headlights , interior, wheels, every button in the dash and panels, doors, sidemirrors, wings, brakes, steerings, emblems..such as "toyota", "VolksWagem"... and so on ) and every other car aspect are in real 3d ... 500.000 polygons are really worth it.

And 5 polygons per trees hehehe
 
Stop whining about the bloody trees. It's not like they'll offer off-roading mode where the trees would actually be pretty crucial. in GT they always have been a blur or smudge on the screen as you drive by them at speed where your only concern should be clearing the corner ahead of you, not the texturing of that oak's surface that just whizzed past at 155mph+.
 
Stop whining about the bloody trees. It's not like they'll offer off-roading mode where the trees would actually be pretty crucial. in GT they always have been a blur or smudge on the screen as you drive by them at speed where your only concern should be clearing the corner ahead of you, not the texturing of that oak's surface that just whizzed past at 155mph+.

If we have any hope of realistic WRC stages in the game, they will.
 
yoga posted same message on N4G..
 
I move one about it, we cannot do anything about it anymore , it is just a gripe for not making a decent looking trees and npc. but well its okay now.
 
My last contribution to the "damn" trees. This is game made in 1999. See for yourself if GT deserves your defending eleven years later!

 
Last edited:
Thank you for finding this interview.

I bet some are pissed of because it wasn´t something new about the game yada yada...

One thing that that caught my eye is that GT5 uses aprox 80% of the PS3´s performance..

Wich means that there´s still more room to improve the game (GT6)
 
i'll just whine about just release the game, please no more extra features that we might not even need, just release the game.
 
Thanks for posting this interview, but I must say that is totally useless.

He said that you can interact with fences and objects, but this doesn't mean you will cause damage to them, maybe just like the 458 Italia first damage video, where you can knock-off some objects on the first turn of TokyoR246, I think that was this he meant.

Also, please, you guys are starting the infamous Tree thread again...stop it....
 
Back