Vertex MR Sprint Cup | Season Finished | Timlour, RT Supernova and Renault are your champions!

Japan
Osaka
CWM_NoirAntares
OPbanner.jpg

Vertex, Clockwork Motorsport's dedicated GT racing series delivered what we could only describe as a stellar debut season with the Vertex GT Sprint Series, and with the quality of racing delivered by everyone exceeding all expectations, we just couldn't wait to get back into the swing of things.

We are now proud to present the Vertex MR Sprint Cup, a series exclusively made for mid-engine GT3 machines. Running a multi-race format based on modern touring car series, providing for some very fast-paced track action. With 6 race weekends and a total of 18 races over the span of two months, there's high-quality racing to be had week in and week out.

Taking center stage this time are the mid-engine GT3 cars from Audi, Honda, Lamborghini, McLaren and Renault, and with up to 16 of these high-performance racing cars taking to the track in yet another series of close-quarters, high-tension sprint racing, it promises to be an exciting grid. We're looking forward to have you join us for another thrilling two months of racing.

audi.jpg

honda.jpg

lamborghini.jpg

mclaren.jpg

renault.jpg
bopTable.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200525124130.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200525124149.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200525124156.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200525124204.jpg
  1. Use of the default livery is strictly prohibited.
  2. Livery designs must be kept strictly safe for work. Interpretation of this rule is at the discretion of the series organizers.
  3. The mandatory number plate must be clearly visible on both the left and right sides of the car.
  4. The mandatory number fonts must be used: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 0
  5. Each team must have visually / thematically similar liveries between their cars.
  6. Each team must use the same tire decals on their cars.
  7. Use of the black windshield banner is required.
  8. Use of Nameplate decals are optional and teams are allowed to use their custom nameplate decals if desired.
  9. Headlight colors are optional and may vary between each team's cars.
  10. Teams are not allowed to make any major livery changes to their cars, however each car is allowed an alternate livery to be used at only one event of their choosing.
  11. Alternate liveries must observe the above rules, with the exception of #5, as the alternate livery options are tied to each individual car.
  1. Each event consists of 3 races and a single qualifying session.
  2. The event order is as follows: Race 1 - Qualifying - Race 2 - Race 3
  3. All races are run on a set lap count with varying lengths, with Race 1 and Race 2 taking approximately 15 minutes to complete and Race 3 taking approximately 20 minutes to complete.
  4. Race 1 starting grid is determined by reversed championship order.
    1. In the case of the opening round, Race 1 starting grid will be determined by a one-shot qualifying session before the race.
  5. Race 2 starting grid is determined by a 10 minute qualifying session before the race.
  6. Race 3 starting grid is determined by a reversed grid based on Race 2's finishing order.
  7. Race 1 begins from a Standing Start.
  8. Race 2 and Race 3 begin from a Rolling Start.
  9. The pit lane is closed for qualifying and all three races.
  1. The event lobby opens at 19:00 Eastern, which also marks the start of Free Practice.
  2. Race 1 starts at 19:30 Eastern.
  3. Race 2 Qualifying starts 5 minutes from the end of Race 1.
  4. Race 2 starts immediately after qualifying.
  5. Race 3 starts approximately 5 minutes after Race 2.
  6. Drivers who join the lobby after Race 1 has started will still be allowed to participate from Race 2 Qualifying onward.
  7. Drivers who join the lobby after Race 2 Qualifying has started will no longer be allowed to participate for the rest of the event.
  1. Only Racing: Medium (RM) and Racing: Soft (RS) tires are to be used.
  2. For Race 1, all cars will be using RS tires.
  3. For Race 2 and Race 3, all drivers will be given one set each of RM and RS tires to allocate in both races. (i.e., RS for Race 2, RM for Race 3, and vice-versa)
  1. Success Ballast is enforced through the use of added weight to the cars, and is applied only for Race 2 and Race 3.
  2. All cars will start Race 1 without any ballast applied.
  3. The top 3 finishers of Race 1 will have ballast applied to their cars for Race 2.
  4. The top 3 finishers of Race 2 will have ballast applied to their cars for Race 3.
  5. Ballast does not accumulate and is only applied to cars that fulfill the above stated conditions. Should a car with ballast in Race 2 finish outside the top 3, they will start Race 3 with no ballast.
  6. The 1st place finisher is given a 3% weight ballast.
  7. The 2nd place finisher is given a 2% weight ballast.
  8. The 3rd place finisher is given a 1% weight ballast.
  1. All drivers are expected to race each other cleanly and fairly, avoiding unnecessary contact by all means.
  2. When defending track position, the lead driver is only allowed one move in defense of their line on corner entry.
  3. Drivers defending track position are expected to leave adequate racing space to their opponents at all times.
  4. Drivers attempting to overtake are expected to actively avoid making contact with the car ahead.
  5. All drivers are expected to race within track limits at all times and to avoid gaining an unfair advantage by going off-track. Track limits are defined as keeping at least 2 tires within the track surface at all times, with kerbs counting as part of track surface.
  6. Drivers who overtake by going off-track are expected to return the position(s) gained at the soonest opportunity.
  7. Drivers who overtake by hitting another car off-track are expected to return the position gained at the soonest opportunity.
  8. Lapped cars are expected to give way to the lead cars at the soonest and safest possible opportunity.
  9. Drivers are strictly prohibited from parking anywhere on track at any time during qualifying / race.
  1. A yellow flag period occurs when three or more cars are involved in a single incident within the first two minutes of the race and suffer heavy damage as a result.
  2. A car is considered suffering from heavy damage when it takes either engine damage or damage to two or more non-engine components.
  3. Drivers with heavily damage cars must indicate their status thru the in-game chat. ("C", "D", or any derived indicators is deemed acceptable)
  4. Once the yellow flag period occurs, the race will be restarted in the original grid order and run for the original number of laps.
  1. A red flag period occurs when either three or more drivers disconnect from the lobby within the same lap (mass disconnection), or the entire race lobby goes down (lobby failure).
  2. In the case of mass disconnection, the race official will send "RED" to the chat to signal the start of the red flag period. Drivers will then leave the track immediately and a new lobby will be made.
  3. In the case of lobby failure, a new lobby will be made as soon as possible, with all drivers rejoining the newly made lobby once it's created.
  4. All drivers are expected to reset their internet and consoles once a red flag period occurs.
  5. If a red flag period interrupts a race before half-distance has been completed, the race will be restarted in the original grid order and run for the original number of laps.
  6. If a red flag period interrupts a race once it has exceeded half-distance, the race is cancelled and full points are awarded according to the track positions at the end of the lap before the red flag.
  7. If two red flag periods occur during a race event, the remainder of the event is cancelled, with only the points from races that have been completed being retained.
  1. All incidents must be reported to race officials after every race weekend via PM on either GTPlanet or Discord.
  2. Only reported incidents will be subject to review by race officials.
  3. A race-related offense may result in only a warning, with the next instance of the same offense automatically resulting in a penalty.
  4. All race-related penalties will be served as post-race time penalties, which will be applied to the race where the reported incident occurred.
  5. Applicable post-race time penalties consists of the following:
    • 5 seconds added to race time
    • 10 seconds added to race time
    • 30 seconds added to race time
    • 1 lap deducted from completed lap count
  6. Entering pit lane for any reason during qualifying / race will result in exclusion from the race results.
  7. Violation of the tire compound rule will result in exclusion from the entire race weekend.
  8. Failure to follow the specifications listed in the Balance of Performance table will result in exclusion from the entire race weekend.
  9. Failure to apply success ballast when required will result in exclusion from the entire race weekend.
  10. Any unsportsmanlike behavior by any driver against other drivers and/or race officials is punishable with a race ban or outright ban from the series.
  1. Causing an Avoidable Collision
    • Refers to incidents resulting from over-aggressive maneuvers, and/or lack of awareness.
  2. Forcing a Car Off-Track
    • Refers to incidents resulting from excessive defending that results in another car going outside of the track surface. A certain degree of tolerance will be given when reviewing incidents involving this offense.
  3. Illegal Blocking
    • Refers to making more than one move in defense of an overtake attempt when entering a corner.
  4. Illegal Overtake
    • Refers to drivers who make an overtake by violating track limits and subsequently fail to return the position.
  5. Abuse of Track Limits
    • Refers to an excessive amount of gaining an advantage by driving beyond track limits. A certain degree of tolerance will be given when reviewing incidents involving this offense.
  6. Lack of Car Control
    • Refers to a driver having difficulty keeping their car on track running at a reasonable race pace, turning themselves into a track hazard. This offense is punishable only by exclusion from the entire event.
  7. Dangerous Driving
    • Refers to any incident caused deliberately, or any driver causing at least 3 incidents in the same race event. This offense is punishable only by exclusion from the entire event.
  1. Only the top 10 finishing drivers in each race are awarded points
  2. For Race 1 and Race 2:
    1. 20pts
    2. 17pts
    3. 14pts
    4. 12pts
    5. 10pts
    6. 8pts
    7. 6pts
    8. 4pts
    9. 2pts
    10. 1pt
  3. For Race 3:
    1. 25pts
    2. 20pts
    3. 17pts
    4. 14pts
    5. 12pts
    6. 10pts
    7. 8pts
    8. 6pts
    9. 4pts
    10. 2pts
  4. The top 3 drivers for Race 2 Qualifying are awarded bonus points as follows
    1. 3pts
    2. 2pts
    3. 1pt
  5. The combined score of all drivers per team will contribute to their points in the Teams Standings.
    1. If a team has more than two cars during the race, only their full-time drivers are eligible to score points.
  6. The combined score of the top 2 scoring drivers per manufacturer at the end of each event will contribute to the Manufacturers Standings.
  1. The Drivers Championship is awarded to the driver with the most points at the end of the season.
  2. The Teams Championship is awarded to the team with the most points at the end of the season.
  3. The Manufacturers Championship is awarded to the manufacturer with the most points at the end of the season.
  4. The tiebreakers for all championship standings are as follows:
    1. Win Count
    2. Pole Position Count
    3. 2nd place finishes
    4. 3rd place finishes
    5. Average Finishing Position
  1. Each manufacturer is limited to a maximum of 4 entries.
  2. Each team is limited to a maximum of 2 drivers.
  3. Teams are required to select a manufacturer and have both drivers run the car of their selected manufacturer.
  4. All drivers are required to enter under a team.
  5. Drivers are only allowed to switch teams once throughout the entire season, and the switch must be agreed upon by all teams/drivers involved.
  6. Teams are not allowed to switch manufacturers at any point during the season.
  1. Reserve drivers can enter as either as a single car entry (Independent Reserve), as a two car team entry (Part-time Team), or as part of a full-time team entry (Team Reserve).
  2. Independent Reserve drivers are allowed to register under their manufacturer of choice, regardless of current entry count of said manufacturer.
  3. Independent Reserve drivers are not allowed to switch manufacturers at any point during the season.
  4. Part-time Team entries are allowed to register under their manufacturer of choice, regardless of current entry count of said manufacturer.
  5. Part-time Team entries are required to select a manufacturer and have both drivers run the car of their selected manufacturer.
  6. Part-time Team entries are not allowed to switch manufacturers at any point during the season.
  7. Team Reserve drivers are required to use the same cars as their team, but their entries do not count towards their manufacturer entry count.
  8. All teams are limited to having only one Team Reserve driver.
  9. If both full-time drivers of their teams are racing and grid spaces are available, Team Reserve drivers will be allowed to participate, but will only eligible for Drivers and Manufacturers championship points.
  10. Two Independent Reserve drivers can join together to form a Part-time Team entry, but must select a single manufacturer from the current manufacturers of both drivers.

EntryForm.png
Icon.png

Last edited:
R1-1.jpg

R1-2.jpg

R1-3.jpg
R2-1.jpg

R2-2.jpg

R2-3.jpg
R3-1.jpg

R3-2.jpg

R3-3.jpg
R4-1.jpg

R4-2.jpg

R4-3.jpg
R5-1.jpg

R5-2.jpg

R5-3.jpg
R6-1.jpg

R6-2.jpg

R6-3.jpg

R6-D.jpg

R6-T.jpg

R6-M.jpg

Champions_Drivers.jpg

Champions_Teams.jpg

Champions_Manufacturers.jpg

Last edited:
We are now at 15 full-time entries and 3 reserves. Only one full-time slot left!
Current manufacturer slots for full-time entries are as follows:
Audi: 0 slots remaining
Honda: 0 slots remaining
Lamborghini: 2 slots remaining
McLaren: 2 slots remaining
Renault: 1 slot remaining

EDIT: Updated as of 5/19

Last edited:
Hey all!

With only just over a week away from the start of the series, we'll be hosting some test races this weekend. The lobby would be running for about two hours, maybe longer if people want to stay on further. Most likely, we'll be doing a simulated race weekend just to get everyone familiar with how the proceedings are conducted.

The test races would be held this Saturday, May 23rd from 8PM Eastern onwards, and would be hosted by @Storm_SP17 (PSN: CWM_StormPacer) or myself (PSN: CWM_NoirAntares).

A few important points before the start of the season this weekend.
  • There has been an update to the BoP concerning the Renault and McLaren.
  • Tire wear settings have been updated to x2.
  • Since we're running a different format to the previous Vertex season, we advise everyone to please review the details in the OP to make sure no one misses anything.
  • This season, @Storm_SP17 (PSN: CWM_StormPacer) will be the lobby host, so please remember to add him before the race since the lobby will be set to "Friends Only".
Also, we won't be using confirmation forms this season, just confirm your attendance by saying so in the thread or in the Discord channel if you're in the server.

With that said, welcome all to the start of the Vertex MR Sprint Cup!
R1.jpg

Hi, This series looks really interesting. I've been waiting on another event, but that has been cancelled which means I’m now free, although it is a 12.30am start.
I'm racing this Friday at 18:00 EST for approx. 1 hour so I should make this event if there is still space. However I wont have time to create a livery in time. Could I be placed on the reserve list for the events in the future and the bottom of the reserve list for tomorrow?? I'm happy to be a reserve and make up the grid when needed. Not fussed on car choice I'll drive anything :cheers:

Last edited:
Hi, This series looks really interesting. I've been waiting on another event, but that has been cancelled which means I’m now free, although it is a 12.30am start.
I'm racing this Friday at 18:00 EST for approx. 1 hour so I should make this event if there is still space. However I wont have time to create a livery in time. Could I be placed on the reserve list for the events in the future and the bottom of the reserve list for tomorrow?? I'm happy to be a reserve and make up the grid when needed. Not fussed on car choice I'll drive anything :cheers:
Welcome aboard, I signed you up under #69 since it's currently available. We are expecting some people to miss the race so the reserves do have spots available to them.

Just a heads up on my plans tonight @Antares26.
Hopefully if there will be space I will be able to join, if not, no problem. Don't hold me a space as it will be 12:30am for me anyway.
I'm racing at 18:00 EST for approx. an hour, however this is the final race in the season so it may run over etc. If this happens and I miss your 19:30 start for Race 1, I will do a little warm up and try and join in for Race 2 & 3. I'll have been driving Super Formula so I could do with a few laps to adjust to the Gr3 anyway.
I've done no practice or tuning so will be interesting how it goes. Good luck to all and hopefully see you on track :cheers:

Thanks for the race last night. I will be sure to practice before I enter the next one. I think a 2am race after an hour of super formula wasn’t the best idea ever but was good to see what the season was all about 👍.
Going to have to practice and work on a setup for next time and hopefully i can get involved in the mid pack.

Apologies to whoever got wiped out by me unghosting after a crash in the final race. Completely my fault. :cheers:

Thanks for the race last night. I will be sure to practice before I enter the next one. I think a 2am race after an hour of super formula wasn’t the best idea ever but was good to see what the season was all about 👍.
Going to have to practice and work on a setup for next time and hopefully i can get involved in the mid pack.

Apologies to whoever got wiped out by me unghosting after a crash in the final race. Completely my fault. :cheers:
Glad to have you race with us. The season's bound to look more interesting from here on, given that the reverse grid based on the championship order can now be done for race 1.

Latest Posts

Back