Vertex MR Sprint Cup | Season Finished | Timlour, RT Supernova and Renault are your champions!

Discussion in 'GTS Online Racing & Leagues' started by Antares26, May 10, 2020.

1. Kermit_2142

Kermit_2142

Tough tough races last night, plenty of carnage. I can never make my mind up whether I like Maggiore or not, it’s a great track to drive on, but to race on it just seems to end in a lot of chaos at times. The Lambo was a real handful most of the race, which made it a real challenge. Congratulations to those at the front, I saw a few dropping into the 1.54s which is really pushing on so fair play :cheers:.

Antares26 and DaGiBUS like this.
  2. Antares26

Antares26

@Kermit_2142 Given that you've participated in all the races so far, we're hereby promoting your entry to full-time.

DaGiBUS, Neutty and Kermit_2142 like this.
  3. Antares26

Antares26

R3-1.jpg
    R3-2.jpg
    R3-3.jpg

R3-D.jpg
    R3-T.jpg
    R3-M.jpg

Kermit_2142 likes this.
  4. Kermit_2142

Kermit_2142

I'm 50/50 on tonight, if anyone wants my space they're more than welcome (let me know if they do). If not I should be there, will try and have a nap and a strong coffee beforehand :tup:.
    Cheers

edit: I’ve not had a nap, but I’ll be there :lol:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    Antares26 likes this.
  5. Kermit_2142

Kermit_2142

Great racing last night, glad I stayed up for it although I’m flagging a bit right now :lol:.
    Interesting race in race1, I seemed to be holding my own at the start but made a mistake and dropped down to p5. Tried to stick on the back of the leading group and realised just how much different their lines were and learning where I was losing time. I just couldn’t keep with them finding the rear stepping out when forcing those more technical lines. A decent result overall as the field had split in 2 and I was left in no mans land.

I got really lucky in race 2 as everyone put on the mediums which meant I could qualify and then finish on the podium. It wasn’t my best race either, I made plenty of mistakes on the ridiculous curbs, but the softs really saved my race giving me a 0.5s plus buffer to the guys chasing behind.

Good fun, thanks for the race :tup:.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    Timlour, Storm_SP17 and Antares26 like this.
  6. Antares26

Antares26

Gotta admit, everyone was impressed, really held your own out there even if the Lambos generally had a hard time around Catalunya.

Herimopp89 and Kermit_2142 like this.
  7. DaGiBUS

DaGiBUS

Congrats on the podium mate!

Herimopp89 and Kermit_2142 like this.
  8. Antares26

Antares26

R4-1.jpg
    R4-2.jpg
    R4-3.jpg

R4-D.jpg
    R4-T.jpg
    R4-M.jpg

Kermit_2142 likes this.
  9. Kermit_2142

Kermit_2142

Confirming for tonight . Sardegna should be another good race :cheers:

Timlour likes this.
  10. Storm_SP17

Storm_SP17

Room up, was preparing the lobbies.

Kermit_2142 likes this.
  11. Kermit_2142

Kermit_2142

Apologies for having to bail last night. I haven’t had a call out in so long it was due to happen eventually.

Was a real shame as I think I had half decent pace for qualifying and in the race.

Race 1 went ok, I got a really good drive off the line and slipped through the middle into the lead at t1. I was quite happy with my race pace, (just keeping the Lambo in a straight line really :lol:).
    @Nuetty came past me like I was going backwards :tup: and then I had real issue with @DaGiBUS lagging like crazy when he came past me :lol::lol:. Completely threw me off my markers for a lap or so, I was hoping to put up a decent defence as well, would’ve been a fun battle. Then my phone rang on the final lap just as @Timlour was chasing me down like he’s got an extra 1000hp than everyone else :lol::tup:.

How did race 2 and 3 go???

Timlour and DaGiBUS like this.
  12. Neutty

Neutty

@Antares26 was in a different zip code for race 2 and I ended up with race 3 win.

Kermit_2142 likes this.
  13. Antares26

Antares26

herimopp89 - Exclusion from Race Weekend
    - Tire Compound Rule Violation: Used RS tires in Race 2 and Race 3

R5-1.jpg
    R5-2.jpg
    R5-3.jpg

R5-D.jpg
    R5-T.jpg
    R5-M.jpg

Kermit_2142 likes this.
  14. Kermit_2142

Kermit_2142

Ouch :scared::scared: Seems a bit harsh to be DQ from all 3 races..

15. Antares26

Antares26

It is, but it's there so people keep themselves aware that the rule's there and it's costly to mess it up. The previous Vertex GT Sprint Series also had a DQ as a penalty for the same violation.

Qualifying points are retained however, so heri keeps the 2pts for qualifying P2.

Kermit_2142 likes this.
  16. Neutty

Neutty

Lmao. Freaking CWM driver getting the penalty. Lmao.
    @Herimopp89 i couldn’t find a real men of genius but this will do. 396C0047-F6C0-4B9D-8F40-4DDA0E1747CA.gif

Kermit_2142 and Antares26 like this.
  17. Herimopp89

Herimopp89 Premium

I feel like Charles leclerc

GTRacer22, DaGiBUS, Neutty and 2 others like this.
  18. Kermit_2142

Kermit_2142

Is the final event going to run in the same timescale as usual??

19. Antares26

Antares26

Yes, though we are currently considering altering the Race 2 qualifying length given that it's a long lap in the Nordschleife.

Kermit_2142 likes this.
  20. Kermit_2142

Kermit_2142

Confirming for tonight.
    I plan to finish last in all 3 races because I really suck at Nurb and haven’t done any practice :lol:. Be good to see the season out after having to leave early last week. Good luck to all those fighting for championship positions, @Herimopp89 don’t forget to bring your mediums :cheers:.

21. Herimopp89

Herimopp89 Premium

Already forgot...lol I'm on a family getaway at the beach so I wont make it.

Kermit_2142 likes this.
  22. Kermit_2142

Kermit_2142

Apologies all but I’m going to have to drop out tonight. Have a good one :tup:.

23. Storm_SP17

Storm_SP17

Lobby up.

24. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

Any live streams?

25. Antares26

Antares26

26. Antares26

Antares26

After yet another 2 months of great racing, we have reached the end of the Vertex MR Sprint Cup.

On behalf of Clockwork Motorsport, I would like to personally thank everyone for making this series as successful as the previous Vertex GT Series. Quality drivers filled the grid from top to bottom every race weekend and the racing's always been really close but fair. Everyone started the season trying to get grips with these tricky MR GT3 cars, but by season's end, the improvement shows by the already impressive talent pool only served to add to the quality of racing, something we're always happy to have. It's been great fun, and we really hope to have everyone back for one more series we plan to host this year.

Last but not least, I'm proud to present our Vertex MR Sprint Cup champions.
    Champions_Drivers.jpg
    Champions_Teams.jpg
    Champions_Manufacturers.jpg

Harsk100, DaGiBUS and Kermit_2142 like this.
  27. Kermit_2142

Kermit_2142

Great season, thanks for hosting!!!

Congratulations to all involved, look forward to racing with you guys in the future :cheers:

Antares26 likes this.