VGT Garage - Very Good Tunes for VGT cars - New VW

• Thread starter madmyk
  • 47 comments
United States
Oregon
madmyk
Wow, we have VGT races now!

Despite zero demand from anyone, here are some very good tunes for VGT cars. I tried a couple and had fun. I know many aren't down with the VGT, but I just think they are another fun option with different tuning challenges. Besides, I need to go with my strengths, which starts with my odd outlook on life and this game.

The main thing to note with VGT is the tuning options are very restrictive. There are not a lot of levers to pull in some of the cars to try and make a difference. On a couple of them, you can put RH tires on, reduce the power to get to 7 or 800pp and that's it. Here we go:

850pp VGT Races
SRT Tomahawk S VGT
Lambo VGT 850pp
Lexus LF-LC GT VGT
Peugot VGT - Same as 800pp, max the power and add RS tires (I may update later)
Porsche VGT - add RS tires, go race. It won't run out of electrons in the VGT races.

800pp
Peugot VGT
Lambo V12 VGT
Lexus LF-LC GT VGT
Toyota FT-1 VGT

700pp
Volkswagen GTI Supersport VGT
Subaru VISIV GT VGT
Mercedes-Benz AMG VGT
BMW VGT
IsoRivolta Zagato VGT
Honda Sports VGT

Last edited:
No BMW yet. So far only the Infiniti VGT is complete crap. I'm only going for cars I can race at 700pp or 800pp so I can get my money back on them. I am avoiding electric cars and over 900pp cars for now.

Lambo V12 VGT

My primary Sardegna money maker. More fun and drama than a 787b or 962C but can win by as much. There's no transmission or differential tuning available, so low speed corners require a bit of wrestling. I think it's fuel map 5 for 5 laps and watch the chicane towards the end. You can't carry as much speed as some other cars and it's easier to wreck. Solid car, best color choice, very fun.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220511122839.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220511122810.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220511122830.jpg

IsoRivolta Zagato VGT

This is my favorite VGT for Le Mans. It's built for speed but also good on smaller tracks. It drives like other high-end big engine FR cars so watch the braking distance, it's a slow in fast out sort of thing. Not great on gas mileage, but you can get 3 laps at Le Mans. Like the Lambo, solid car, best color choice, very fun!

Gran Turismo® 7_20220511130149.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220511130124.jpg

You can only set top speed and final gear on the transmission. Nothing to report on page 2.

Lexus LF-LC GT VGT

Worst car name, isn't it? Let's call it McGrippypants instead. Why? Check out the 2.45 Rotational G number below. Does your 787b go up that high? Nope.

In any case, I won this baby from a lottery ticket early in the game and didn't like it much (which also explains the different livery which I do like). Since the Sardegna race happened, I tried to make it work. It has the huge grip and less power, so it really requires a different approach to driving and it took me a while to get used to it. I tried less grip, more power but it just wants to be the way it is.

Once I got good driving it, I was able to make it more stable and safe, though you can still spin out if you come in too hot. You can get amazing speed through the chicane once you get used to it, and gas mileage is great - 8 laps at fuel map 3 with some 2, then 7 laps at fuel map 2 with some left over for map 1 at the end. Even if you feel like you are a little slow at times, the 1 stop strat dominates. Great car, great livery from the lottery ticket, and very fun!

Gran Turismo® 7_20220511130518.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220511130426.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220511130440.jpg

Honda Sports VGT

This is a great all-around 700pp car. Easy winner on all WTC 700 races, very fun on Deep Forest and Dragon Tail Gardens in particular. It's not as easy on Le Mans/Sarthe due to poor gas mileage, so the Zagato is much better there. While the handling is great, it does not drive on rails and tends to slide more than other cars. I decided not to fight it and got the car to slide very even and gradual when it does go over the limit. This makes this car forgiving and easy to drive for all skill levels. There's plenty of power too, but it is very thirsty. You will spend more time at fuel map 5 or 6 than with other cars and you might not be able to get 3 laps out it at Le Mans.

For most fun value, take it to Dragon Tail Gardens and let it slide nicely around the corners.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220512112506.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220512112436.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220512112500.jpg

Toyota FT-1 VGT

This guy doesn't quite make it to 800pp, but still wins Sardegna no problem while only needing 1 stop. This is one of my genius tunes, as I totally nailed the aero, spring frequency and brake balance. Never mind that nothing else can be adjusted, it's perfect. :D

I'm not always easy on tires, but a better driver can take advantage of RM tires and still be under 800pp. Fast, grippy car. Fun!

Gran Turismo® 7_20220512112401.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220512112338.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220512112348.jpg

No BMW yet. So far only the Infiniti VGT is complete crap. I'm only going for cars I can race at 700pp or 800pp so I can get my money back on them. I am avoiding electric cars and over 900pp cars for now.
I just won the Infiniti VGT in roulette (my 2nd car ever). I concur, it's really really bad.

I actually took the AMG Racing to Sardenga stock and it was actually fun. Had to keep it on FM 6 because it is a guzzler on full power. It was doable on Easy, but pretty sure the other difficulties are almost impossible. Might give Spa a try next.

I also took the N2025 to the Le Mans 24 mission and it was a blast. Before, I tried the 2X and, it is insane quick but only can last a lap...

Last edited:
Mercedes-Benz AMG VGT

This is not the Race version, and comes in at 700pp. This is a solid all around car with good top end for Le Mans. It took a while to deal with the understeer. It's not gone but better and more manageable. FM 6 on a lot of courses, but can get 3 laps at Le Mans. the transmission worked well enough at 350. Safe, but still fast and enjoyable.

Not much else to say, other than I was looking for the right car (and wheels) to paint Gunmetal (Dodge). It doesn't look the same here, so you gotta try it yourself. :-)

Gran Turismo® 7_20220519140722_1.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220519140639_1.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220519140649_1.jpg

BMW VGT

If you guys follow Praiano and ever wonder why he doesn't tune the cars that already are perfect from PD, this car explains it. This car is one of the fastest cars for WTC 700 races since it runs fuel map 1 anywhere and has amazing handling. Anytime I tried adjusting the suspension, it would be worse and always understeer. Seriously, I would turn a setting up - understeer, turn it down - understeer, put it back - fine. It did help to turn the LSD numbers down a little, and set Brake Controller to 2 (not pictured), so I'm a genius lol.

Paint is Ocellus Teal from Aston Martin. You will see it again because I did not realize it was an option on the Aston VGT (coming soon).

Gran Turismo® 7_20220517093318.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220517093303.jpg

Peugot VGT

This 800pp beast can get 5 laps at Sardegna if you short shift or coast some straights, and wins easily enough. It's heavy and powerful compared to detuned race cars, but once you are used to it (still has some understeer - the LSD was a challenge but good now), it's solid. I think it's fast enough to win the WTC 800 at Daytona, but I forget if you can get 5 laps out if it, probably not.

Not pictured: Brake Balance at 2. This Ice color choice does not really show well in the image, but I like it on the car.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220523111958.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220523111944.jpg

Subaru VISIV GT VGT

It's good they actually named their VGT car something. VISIV is not bad but they kind of ruined it with the redundant GT VGT thing. In any case, this car is part of the McGrippypants family. It's not super fast, but you pass those crazy AI cars into, around and out of the corners. Great on the tighter tracks like Dragon Tail Gardens and Brands Hatch. It's perfect for the Gr B race at Alsace, which I did not realize until someone around here mentioned it. You don't need a Gr B, any 700pp works, and if you can keep it clean, 90k for 6 minutes and no fuel maps.

It should win Le Mans, but I have not tried in a while. Fuel map 2 or 3 on the WTC 700 races, instead of 5 or 6 like a lot of 700pp beasts. It took me a while to tune it, but once I got the LSD I ended up mostly back to the original suspension. No manual gear settings allowed, so adjust the top speed if you go to Le Mans. Nothing on the second page - brake balance 0. So much grip, but it slides fairly evenly and safely when it does get loose, and with the 4WD, it recovers well. Very fun car!

Gran Turismo® 7_20220520130354.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220520130326.jpg

I used the Beemer on Le Mans and got a 6 Star! My prize, the Mini! Can't wait to see what it can do :)

I used the Beemer on Le Mans and got a 6 Star! My prize, the Mini! Can't wait to see what it can do :)
The Mini VGT? Congrats on the roulette ticket. Now if more people can get more stars on their tickets while using my tunes, I will be famous! :lol:

Lexus LF-LC GT VGT

Worst car name, isn't it? Let's call it McGrippypants instead. Why? Check out the 2.45 Rotational G number below. Does your 787b go up that high? Nope.

In any case, I won this baby from a lottery ticket early in the game and didn't like it much (which also explains the different livery which I do like). Since the Sardegna race happened, I tried to make it work. It has the huge grip and less power, so it really requires a different approach to driving and it took me a while to get used to it. I tried less grip, more power but it just wants to be the way it is.

Once I got good driving it, I was able to make it more stable and safe, though you can still spin out if you come in too hot. You can get amazing speed through the chicane once you get used to it, and gas mileage is great - 8 laps at fuel map 3 with some 2, then 7 laps at fuel map 2 with some left over for map 1 at the end. Even if you feel like you are a little slow at times, the 1 stop strat dominates. Great car, great livery from the lottery ticket, and very fun!

View attachment 1148955
View attachment 1148956
View attachment 1148957
2.45g holy crap

Lexus LF-LC GT VGT
850pp VGT Races

This car is insane at Kyoto! Full throttle through the esses (is that how you spell it?), crazy speed around the big sweeping corners, and decent power at 850pp. So much fun. I'm not even a good driver and I did this:

Gran Turismo® 7_20220527121610.jpg

I was so happy I gave it a new paint job:

Gran Turismo® 7_20220527122610.jpg

Rotational G up to 2.68 now. Change the transmission speed per track, the 300 is for Kyoto. Suspension is same as 800pp version. Brake Balance at -1 and there you have it:

Gran Turismo® 7_20220527122601.jpg

Lambo V12 VGT

My primary Sardegna money maker. More fun and drama than a 787b or 962C but can win by as much. There's no transmission or differential tuning available, so low speed corners require a bit of wrestling. I think it's fuel map 5 for 5 laps and watch the chicane towards the end. You can't carry as much speed as some other cars and it's easier to wreck. Solid car, best color choice, very fun.

View attachment 1148943
View attachment 1148944
View attachment 1148945
Thank you. This helped me complete menu book 41. Not a VGT fan, but this made this car handle much better!

Lexus LF-LC GT VGT
850pp VGT Races

This car is insane at Kyoto! Full throttle through the esses (is that how you spell it?), crazy speed around the big sweeping corners, and decent power at 850pp. So much fun. I'm not even a good driver and I did this:

I was so happy I gave it a new paint job:

View attachment 1154827

Rotational G up to 2.68 now. Change the transmission speed per track, the 300 is for Kyoto. Suspension is same as 800pp version. Brake Balance at -1 and there you have it:
nice paint job and that car is kinda op especially for thosee races

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing tunes. Don't have time to tune cars with the limited seat time I get.

Could you try the Tomahawk S? Did the VGT races with it detuned and stock suspension and diff with SS tires. Might be really good as is to you and that's fine.
20220528_122932.jpg

If you guys follow Praiano and ever wonder why he doesn't tune the cars that already are perfect from PD, this car explains it. This car is one of the fastest cars for WTC 700 races since it runs fuel map 1 anywhere and has amazing handling. Anytime I tried adjusting the suspension, it would be worse and always understeer. Seriously, I would turn a setting up - understeer, turn it down - understeer, put it back - fine. It did help to turn the LSD numbers down a little, and set Brake Controller to 2 (not pictured), so I'm a genius lol.
Yup. I tweak the downforce depending on the circuit, that's about it.

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing tunes. Don't have time to tune cars with the limited seat time I get.

Could you try the Tomahawk S? Did the VGT races with it detuned and stock suspension and diff with SS tires. Might be really good as is to you and that's fine.View attachment 1155119
I did get the Tomahawk S recently and have started working on it. Right now I have RH tires and less power but I will try SS tires. It still has understeer but handles well.

Lambo VGT 850pp

This car can be scary. This is the most sane, drivable version I could come up with. The Lambo can get better lap times at Kyoto than the Lexus VGT, but only if you don't make any mistakes. I think it has plenty of power, but you can add ballast and power if you want more of an adventure. Strap in and hold on tight.

Brake Balance -5. New TRON livery.
Gran Turismo® 7_20220528140534.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220528140450.jpg

SRT Tomahawk S VGT

I could barely get this thing down to 850pp with the new regulations. It's got great cornering speed and it feels like more power than the Lexus VGT, but lap times are a little slower. Understeer is better. There is still room for improvement I think, but this should be a good start.

Brake Balance -3. I did my best with the transmission. Set to 300, then final drive, then gears. Go Speed Racer!

Gran Turismo® 7_20220528133209.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220528133203.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220528184006.jpg

Back