VGT Garage - Very Good Tunes for VGT cars - New VW

• Thread starter madmyk
  • 47 comments
SRT Tomahawk S VGT

I could barely get this thing down to 850pp with the new regulations. It's got great cornering speed and it feels like more power than the Lexus VGT, but lap times are a little slower. Understeer is better. There is still room for improvement I think, but this should be a good start.

Brake Balance -3. I did my best with the transmission. Set to 300, then final drive, then gears. Go Speed Racer!

View attachment 1155245
View attachment 1155246
View attachment 1155247
Perfect!!! The Mach 5 gets a 😁. Thanks

As we can use the Tomahawk X for the Gr.1 races from Menu Book 42, would you be able to make a 950 PP tune?
Or maybe a tune for the Tomahawk VGT Gr.1?

Last edited:
Lambo VGT 850pp

This car can be scary. This is the most sane, drivable version I could come up with. The Lambo can get better lap times at Kyoto than the Lexus VGT, but only if you don't make any mistakes. I think it has plenty of power, but you can add ballast and power if you want more of an adventure. Strap in and hold on tight.

Brake Balance -5. New TRON livery.
View attachment 1155244

View attachment 1155243
im capping out at 822.27 any idea what i may doing wrong?

im capping out at 822.27 any idea what i may doing wrong?
I put RS tires on it, that's my best guess. I had RH tires and more power, but it was too hard to control for me. It still has plenty of power, and there's no tire wear in the VGT races.

Volkswagen GTI Supersport VGT

The VW was requested a while back, and I have been working on it off and on. One day, all the pieces snapped into place and the handling is dialed in now. I wish it had more power, but I like the VW on tighter tracks where handling is more important. Gas mileage is borderline, meaning you have to stretch to get 5 laps at Deep Forest. It can be a lot of fun.

Paint is Reflex Purple from TVR.
Gran Turismo® 7_20220602135226.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220602135200.jpg

I haven't posted any tunes here in a while, but I might try a few more for the hypercar series. My favorite VGT so far is the IsoRivolta Zagato VGT at Trial Mountain. It should also do well at Sarthe. The Mercedes-Benz AMG VGT feels heavy at Trial Mountain but should kill it at Sarthe.

I haven't tried any VGTs at Kyoto yet. I'm having too much fun driving all Praiano's 700pp hypercars, especially the F50.

SRT Tomahawk S VGT

I could barely get this thing down to 850pp with the new regulations. It's got great cornering speed and it feels like more power than the Lexus VGT, but lap times are a little slower. Understeer is better. There is still room for improvement I think, but this should be a good start.

Brake Balance -3. I did my best with the transmission. Set to 300, then final drive, then gears. Go Speed Racer!

View attachment 1155245
View attachment 1155246
View attachment 1155247
I'll Give me review soon

BMW VGT

If you guys follow Praiano and ever wonder why he doesn't tune the cars that already are perfect from PD, this car explains it. This car is one of the fastest cars for WTC 700 races since it runs fuel map 1 anywhere and has amazing handling. Anytime I tried adjusting the suspension, it would be worse and always understeer. Seriously, I would turn a setting up - understeer, turn it down - understeer, put it back - fine. It did help to turn the LSD numbers down a little, and set Brake Controller to 2 (not pictured), so I'm a genius lol.

Paint is Ocellus Teal from Aston Martin. You will see it again because I did not realize it was an option on the Aston VGT (coming soon).

View attachment 1153258
View attachment 1153259
I used your tune today at LeMans. Outstanding! A great car, to be sure.

Thanks.

The VW was requested a while back, and I have been working on it off and on. One day, all the pieces snapped into place and the handling is dialed in now. I wish it had more power, but I like the VW on tighter tracks where handling is more important. Gas mileage is borderline, meaning you have to stretch to get 5 laps at Deep Forest. It can be a lot of fun.

View attachment 1158465
View attachment 1158466

View attachment 1158465
View attachment 1158466
Awesome tune! Thanks. It sticks to the road now!

Do you have a gearbox tune by chance?

Wow, we have VGT races now!

Despite zero demand from anyone, here are some very good tunes for VGT cars. I tried a couple and had fun. I know many aren't down with the VGT, but I just think they are another fun option with different tuning challenges. Besides, I need to go with my strengths, which starts with my odd outlook on life and this game.

The main thing to note with VGT is the tuning options are very restrictive. There are not a lot of levers to pull in some of the cars to try and make a difference. On a couple of them, you can put RH tires on, reduce the power to get to 7 or 800pp and that's it. Here we go:

850pp VGT Races
SRT Tomahawk S VGT
Lambo VGT 850pp
Lexus LF-LC GT VGT
Peugot VGT - Same as 800pp, max the power and add RS tires (I may update later)
Porsche VGT - add RS tires, go race. It won't run out of electrons in the VGT races.

800pp
Peugot VGT
Lambo V12 VGT
Lexus LF-LC GT VGT
Toyota FT-1 VGT

700pp
Subaru VISIV GT VGT
Mercedes-Benz AMG VGT
BMW VGT
IsoRivolta Zagato VGT
Honda Sports VGT
Ur missing the Mazda LM55 VGT (Gr1).
Love this car u should try it.
Amszing breakes allowing u to break easily 20 yds after every1 else.
The cornering is tight and precise.
Acceleration is stunning.
It starts at about pp950 but is easy to get down to 800 making this my fav for grinding the world gt series but nothing to do with it being a dream to drive(honest lol).
P.s thanks for ur tunes was considering buying a cpl more vgt's with ur tunes minds made up 🤜🏻🤛🏻

BMW VGT

If you guys follow Praiano and ever wonder why he doesn't tune the cars that already are perfect from PD, this car explains it. This car is one of the fastest cars for WTC 700 races since it runs fuel map 1 anywhere and has amazing handling. Anytime I tried adjusting the suspension, it would be worse and always understeer. Seriously, I would turn a setting up - understeer, turn it down - understeer, put it back - fine. It did help to turn the LSD numbers down a little, and set Brake Controller to 2 (not pictured), so I'm a genius lol.

Paint is Ocellus Teal from Aston Martin. You will see it again because I did not realize it was an option on the Aston VGT (coming soon).

View attachment 1153258
View attachment 1153259
Question….Have you driven the BMW VGT in the World GT series Championship with this tune?

Toyota FT-1 VGT

This guy doesn't quite make it to 800pp, but still wins Sardegna no problem while only needing 1 stop. This is one of my genius tunes, as I totally nailed the aero, spring frequency and brake balance. Never mind that nothing else can be adjusted, it's perfect. :D

I'm not always easy on tires, but a better driver can take advantage of RM tires and still be under 800pp. Fast, grippy car. Fun!
I'll try this tune but I have found this to be a very capable car, not only for 800pp (wins every single one), but down tuned to 700pp, and even 600pp! It's biggest downfall is the fixed transmission. At 600pp I cannot win at the tokyo 600pp race for the high credits. As you state, this thing is grippy!

Have you used the BMW? Not very fast but I love the way it looks
its good to use at the money making 30 min race at Le Mans/Sarth, under 700pp - not the fastest but handles good, the brakes are excellent, that's where i found i was catching up, not speed, but last of the late-brakers .......the red line wheels/tyres are worth it on their own :)

b15b5481dfea65ead57093b13ed5e73c_thumb_l_x2.jpg

Last edited:
Lambo VGT 850pp

This car can be scary. This is the most sane, drivable version I could come up with. The Lambo can get better lap times at Kyoto than the Lexus VGT, but only if you don't make any mistakes. I think it has plenty of power, but you can add ballast and power if you want more of an adventure. Strap in and hold on tight.

View attachment 1155244

View attachment 1155243

Lambo VGT 850pp

View attachment 1155244

View attachment 1155243
Love the TRON livery. Be back to let you know about the set-up. Sounds fun.

Honda Sports VGT

This is a great all-around 700pp car. Easy winner on all WTC 700 races, very fun on Deep Forest and Dragon Tail Gardens in particular. It's not as easy on Le Mans/Sarthe due to poor gas mileage, so the Zagato is much better there. While the handling is great, it does not drive on rails and tends to slide more than other cars. I decided not to fight it and got the car to slide very even and gradual when it does go over the limit. This makes this car forgiving and easy to drive for all skill levels. There's plenty of power too, but it is very thirsty. You will spend more time at fuel map 5 or 6 than with other cars and you might not be able to get 3 laps out it at Le Mans.

For most fun value, take it to Dragon Tail Gardens and let it slide nicely around the corners.

View attachment 1149377
View attachment 1149378
View attachment 1149379
Even though updates have clearly changed this slightly, I still was able to take it and win Dragon Tail WTC 700 easily by starting with FM4 and short shifting. Pit after Lap 4 and changed to heavy wets. Then I switched to FM3 a couple of laps later and rode the wets to the finish.

Back