• Thread starter Grand Prix
  • 528 comments

Grand Prix

The Nut Behind the Wheel
Premium
Canada
Vancouver, BC
GTP_Grand_Prix
Feel free to post either original video game scores, covers or just simply real songs featured in games.

I'll start with some awesome Zelda song covers, Zelda music FTW. :lol: :D

Country-Metal??? :lol: :cool:

Slight change of mood. :mischievous:

Playing C&C Red Alert's "Hell March" on an acoustic? Crazy awesome!

Guilty Gear X - Holy Orders - Be Just Or Be Dead

Guilty Gear X - Awe Of She

Dead Or Alive - Exciter

Super Castlevania - Belmonts Theme

Killzone 3 Main Menu Theme

Gran Turismo 3 - Determination

Crysis 2 - Menu Theme

Metal Gear Solid Main Theme

The whole theme building up to 2:40 minutes in, makes you feel like a triumphant hero.

Revenge Of Shinobi - The Shinobi

Super Adventure Island - Blue Blue Moon

Medal Of Honor Frontline - Main Theme

That MoH: Frontline quote brings back some serious PS2 nostalgia. I was 10 or so when I bought that game, and I couldn't get past the first mission for the longest time, because I had no idea what the hell a "pillbox" was, or what "pinning it down" meant :lol:

But yeah, great game, great song, very emotional piece that I think sets the tone for the game and war very well. I love how it lulls towards the middle, and then comes back at the end triumphantly.

As for my favourite video game music, it has to be Warcraft 2. These songs are all forever ingrained in my mind, as soon as I hear the first 2 seconds, I could hum the rest of the tune. So catchy, great music for a phenomenal game.

I agree with the top rated comment (on Human 1), "Haven't heard this theme in over 10 years and in 2 seconds it all comes back."

I need to play me some Warcraft 2 now.

Einhander - Dawn (PS1)

Silpheed - Scramble (Sega CD)

Soul Calibur - Beyond The Horizon

Marvel Vs Capcom - Roll Theme

Airbuster - Stage 1

Shenmue - Hazuki Residence

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010 - Opposite Of Adults

Raiden IV - Brightness of Peace

Einhander - Zero Gravity, Earthlight, Badlands, Bloody Battle

Devil May Cry - Pillow Talk, Psycho Siren, Nightmare's Theme, Battle Theme 1, Battle Theme 2

Taiko no Tatsujin DS - The Black Ships are Coming, Fantasie Impromptu, Tenjiku 2000, Classic Medley, Dragon Age Medley

Mirror's Edge - Still Alive, The Shard (puzzle), Menu Theme, New Eden (Puzzle), Kate (Ambience)

Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater, Theme Song

Megaman X4 - Frost Walrus (2nd Stage), Zero's Theme, X's Theme

Megaman X5 - Zero's Theme, Sigma Levels, Mattrex Stage, Duff McWhalen Stage, Axle Stage, X5 Final Stage

Megaman X6 - Intro Theme, Intro Stage, Metal Shark Player Stage, Blaze Heatnix Stage, Blizzard Wolfang Stage, Inifinity Mijinion Stage, Shield Shelldon Stage, Rainy Turtloid Stage, Final Stage

Need 4 Speed: High Stakes - Cygnus Rift, Paradigm Shifter, Photon Rez, Quantum Singularity

God of War 2 - The Bathhouse

Donkey Kong Country - Aquatic Ambience, Simian League

DDR - Dream a Dream, B4U, Movin' On, Healing Vision, Tsugaru, Midnight Blaze, Drop the Bomb

Beatmania IIDX - Red Zone

Soul Caliber II - History Unfolds (Character Select Screen), Brave Sword Braver Soul

Legend of Zelda - Sacred Grove, Saria's Song, Queen Rutela's Theme, Midna' Theme, Midna's Lament, Hyrule Field, Ordon Village, Staff Roll (Twilight Princess)

Super Mario Land - Birabuto Kingdom

Warioland - Tomorrow Hill

Rhythm Heaven - Glee Club

GRID - Menu Theme (Vintage Warmer)

Street Fighter II - Guile's Theme, Ryu's Theme

(Super) Street Fighter IV - Volcanic Rim, Morning Mist Bay, Deserted Temple, Old Temple, Sakura's Theme, Ibuki's Theme, Crowded Downtown, Ryu's Theme (Remix), El Fuerte's Theme, Overpass, Adon's Theme, Balrog's Theme, Deejay's Theme, Dan's Theme

Uncharted 2 - Nate's Theme, Marco Polo

Gran Turismo 2 - My Favourite Game

Burnout Paradise - Paradise City, Beijing

Just remembered, most of the Crash TwinSanity music was incredibly awesome. Especially since it was all acapella.

"Twins Boss Fight"

"Twins Compound"

"Twisted Insanity Island"

Then there's these two. One of my friends used to have this game, Samurai Legend Musashi (IIRC), which also had some awesome music.

"White Whale of Heaven"

"Village of The Sacred Beast"

And then, of course, the entire Shatter soundtrack is epic. Especially this one:

"Argon Refinery"

Grand Theft Auto IV also has an awesome soundtrack. And Vintage Warmer from GRID (which was posted above) is also one of my favorites.

Mega Man's music is probably the best of any gaming series so far. And that includes the X series...

And of course, some Gran Turismo music.

The full version is so much better, IMO. And, as a game, Spy Hunter kicks so much ass.

So much win. Not just this one, but all the Oblivion music.

Stop right there criminal scum!

So many fond memories of that game. I regret trading it in to be honest, I had the GOTY edition on PS3.

The best game ever (right ater GranTurismo of corse)! Everything else is just bla bla bla bla bla :sly:;)! Everytime a MetalGear comes out it is considered the best game of the year, its not by mistake:D!

METAL GEAR SOLID

Have to see 1:58 :lol:

GRAN TURISMO

And the best game of all time:sly:
[YOUTUBEHD]y8bbK4W2uRE[/YOUTUBEHD]

Last edited:

Twilight Princess comes real close, but this is still the darkest LoZ game to date.

The best game ever (right ater GranTurismo of corse)! Everything else is just bla bla bla bla bla :sly:;)! Everytime a MetalGear comes out it is considered the best game of the year, its not by mistake:D!

METAL GEAR SOLID

Sorry to pop your cloud, but in MGS3 the final boss theme is "Snake Eater".:dopey:

Not as good as "Gerudo Valley" IMO, but good in it's own way of capturing the feel of a desert.

Great songs posted so far guys. 👍

Back