[Video] Why PS3 is Becoming Everyone's favorite console.

• Thread starter ICEYOU3
  • 8 comments
If this is true, then I'm in the minority where I think it was Sony's worst console. Why? Because it was too underpowered for what a lot of games were trying to achieve. Almost every game I played had unacceptable performance. Why Sony decided to take a cheap route with it and utilize only 256mb of ram is beyond me. They should've shoved a gig in there that would've put it above the then-competition.

Last edited:
Crazy how these things go on youtube. It’s like picking the next clothing color of the next season. They have to make content, something clicks and all of the youtubers do the same in their own way.

And let’s not talk about language…. “Everybody”, “Favorite” and the youtube classic, start a sentence with “why”.

I loved my Ps3. But to be honest, it’s definitely not my favorite:

ps2
Ps1
Ps4
Ps5(but that’s not even fair yet)
Ps3

PS3 is my favourite console because of all my memories of the golden age of multiplayer and all my time spent playing GT5. Real groundbreaking stuff, if only because of that console generation as a whole.

PS3 is my favourite console because of all my memories of the golden age of multiplayer
Same for me, super fond memories of playing Battlefield 3 online with a great bunch of friends.
Still have my day 1 60gb machine even though it's in the cupboard in it's original box.

Same for me, super fond memories of playing Battlefield 3 online with a great bunch of friends.
Still have my day 1 60gb machine even though it's in the cupboard in it's original box.
Thinking about it now, I'm quite sad that I'll never again have a headshot competition across Operation Firestorm or randomly tell a stranger called JonJon to 🤬 off because the rest of the squad were talking about our friend being unable to join.

PS1? Dreamcast was rad, but no contest.
PS2? Nintendo were still kicking ass, but no contest.
PS4? Exclusives made Xbox a joke.
PS5? No contest on branding alone.
PS3? Didn't even tempt me away from five Xbox 360s on the trot, and they were terrible. Entirely too expensive on release - large, heavy, finnicky and prone to breaking, the PS3 has a bad rep with my peers. The 360 was literally a plastic fire hazard but it had Halo 3.

This is a dumb, contrarian take.

PS3 ended up with a pretty good library of games eventually but hardware wise it was certainly not a good console.

Back