Videos of famous race drivers playing GT5P?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ishie
  • 41 comments
  • 5,867 views
Messages
149
Messages
Ish1987
Are there any? I'd love to see some!

Ishie
 
Not a video, but

Nelson Piquet Jr:
nelson_piquet_jr_plays_gt5p.jpg
 
Aww.. I wanted to see how well they did :p I know Tiff Needell did a bit, but it didn't seem all that serious.
 
I have never seen any from GT5:P. There are videos of pro's playing other racing sims such as iRacing and rFactor.
 
Are there any? I'd love to see some!

Ishie

There're a few Tanner Foust's video driving GT5P on youtube (mostly ad for Sony) but the best, although not GT5P, is probably Sebastien Loeb driving at Le Mans in GT4:

[YOUTUBEHD]Ow3rS8FJDoA[/YOUTUBEHD]
 
Nice find, I never thought of looking farther than GT5p :)

Loeb is a monster on tarmac (in rallying anyway).
You can tell he got his game face on and is concentrating :p
I would love to see some drifters tackle the driftmode of GT5 when it reaches it's final version.
 
He said famous, not failure.

👎 We all failed at one point or the other in our lives but getting a seat in a F1 team is by no mean an easy task.
 
👎 We all failed at one point or the other in our lives but getting a seat in a F1 team is by no mean an easy task.

This.
 
👎 We all failed at one point or the other in our lives but getting a seat in a F1 team is by no mean an easy task.

At the risk of de-railing the topic a bit, I disagree that just making it to F1 is a statement of skill or necessarily a reason to respect someone. Especially someone who had the mindset to do what he did. It will take quite a horrible statement to make me feel the need to defend him, failure is a very apt description - he failed to impress, he failed to act professionally, he failed to even hold any kind of moral ground...surely there is a line where "everyone makes mistakes" isn't a very strong reasoning?

But regardless, he is famous, for good or bad reasons.

Anyway, back on topic, not a race driver but Jeremy Clarkson has done a fair amount of pieces on Gran Turismo, I remember him reviewing a TVR once in GT2 and theres the more recent NSX/Laguna Seca GT4 comparison.

 
Aww.. I wanted to see how well they did :p I know Tiff Needell did a bit, but it didn't seem all that serious.

Yeah, he raced Kaz at Fuji during the GT4 launch party.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM0-dE9NwvY

*Mod's Note: For future reference, to use Youtube Tags, cut of the character string after "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=" in this case: "JM0-dE9NwvY" and place in the YouTube tags. If you paste in the whole URL, you'll just see a white box.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
All I see is white.
 

Jeremy Clarkson passed a Diablo?? Must've been a Vector.
 
I don't know about GT5P, but I do know Formula One driver, Timo Glock, is a bit of a GT4 fan.

16957_300503281626_263973091626_3956730_2885306_n.jpg

That's Timo, playing in his motorhome during this years F1 winter testing.
 
At the risk of de-railing the topic a bit, I disagree that just making it to F1 is a statement of skill or necessarily a reason to respect someone. Especially someone who had the mindset to do what he did. It will take quite a horrible statement to make me feel the need to defend him, failure is a very apt description - he failed to impress, he failed to act professionally, he failed to even hold any kind of moral ground...surely there is a line where "everyone makes mistakes" isn't a very strong reasoning?

What he did may have caused frustration and disappointment. Maybe more to those directly affected but it's hardly the cause to bluntly call someone a failure. Just to put it into perspective- Bernie Madoff is a failure although quite a bit down the scale from Adolf Hitler. These two men are the epitome of failure and have clearly crossed the line. But when it comes to mere lie and deceit especially when it doesn't involve the general public, I wouldn't opt for the high moral stance.
 
What he did may have caused frustration and disappointment. Maybe more to those directly affected but it's hardly the cause to bluntly call someone a failure. Just to put it into perspective- Bernie Madoff is a failure although quite a bit down the scale from Adolf Hitler. These two men are the epitome of failure and have clearly crossed the line. But when it comes to mere lie and deceit especially when it doesn't involve the general public, I wouldn't opt for the high moral stance.

Hmm, I have more issue with the thought process Piquet used to convince himself to endanger people's lives for his personal gain.
If that isn't a failure of morals then I don't know what is. Besides, its not just that, he also failed at being a good F1 driver anyway, I mean, the deception only worked because people were so used to seeing him crash already! :lol:
Piquet did very little lying himself actually, other than being a part of the original deception.

And I see we have a Godwin moment too. 👎
 
Last edited:
There're a few Tanner Foust's video driving GT5P on youtube (mostly ad for Sony) but the best, although not GT5P, is probably Sebastien Loeb driving at Le Mans in GT4:

[YOUTUBEHD]Ow3rS8FJDoA[/YOUTUBEHD]

Forgive me for pointing this out; but looking at this "Pro" racer (no idea who he is, to be honest), he doesn't seem to respect the boundaries of the track that much, in regard to the general rules emitted by GTplanet and other "race clubs" out there...

Any comments on this?
 
He's a professional race driver GTplanet is a bunch of video game geeks - you do the math.
 
I like the fact he doesn't even know who Sebastien Loeb is .
 
Loeb is the WRC man ....... Driving yes he can :D
 
Forgive me for pointing this out; but looking at this "Pro" racer (no idea who he is, to be honest), he doesn't seem to respect the boundaries of the track that much, in regard to the general rules emitted by GTplanet and other "race clubs" out there...

Any comments on this?

How can you not know Sebastian Loeb? :D

Well anyway, i guess he saw Kaz doin it too so he copied it 💡
 
Back