view change causes game to crash

• Thread starter GRT_MattM
  • 18 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I mentioned this in the Bug Report Thread that I had this strange problem a while ago where I would get random freezes and crashes after switching views, mostly it would be from roof to chase view where it would happen and also if I looked behind me one time. The error is always the same one and its never been fixed and I had to reinstall the game to fix it and last night I did it again after the crash returned, has anyone else experienced this strange bug?

I haven't experienced this. I'm wondering if you have the disc or download version. If disc it could be disc or drive related. If download then disregard and maybe someone else knows.

just checked and it indeed has little stains on it.
Clean it up and keep your PS4 free from any dust and maybe you'll be ok. It's important to look after your hardware or crashes can happen for sure. Hope this fixes it for you.

Clean it up and keep your PS4 free from any dust and maybe you'll be ok. It's important to look after your hardware or crashes can happen for sure. Hope this fixes it for you.
its weird though I reinstalled it before and that did the trick and then it just returns with no explanation is really frustrating when barely anyone has experienced the problem before.

its weird though I reinstalled it before and that did the trick and then it just returns with no explanation is really frustrating when barely anyone has experienced the problem before.
Well if discs get dirt build up, that dirt will cause crashes as the dirt is on the part of the disc that the game is trying to read. Hence why it's important to take care of it. That dirt can also get on your laser which could lead to other problems. Electronics are like that. If your disc gets broken or worn then consider downloading the GT Sport spec 2 version from PS store. It's very cheap and you won't have any crashes from that.

Well if discs get dirt build up, that dirt will cause crashes as the dirt is on the part of the disc that the game is trying to read. Hence why it's important to take care of it. That dirt can also get on your laser which could lead to other problems. Electronics are like that. If your disc gets broken or worn then consider downloading the GT Sport spec 2 version from PS store. It's very cheap and you won't have any crashes from that.
maybe that possibly is the probable cause. one other guy I know mentioned it last night cause it happened to him and he missed a league race cause of it.

EDIT: so far so good but it was like this before where it was okay for a couple months and then bang it happens.

Last edited:
it just happened again so I am considering buying Spec II

It's very cheap right now. Probably a good idea to do that.
it says it not available to purchase though.
Although I got the email from Playstation about the purchase.
Its because I already own GTS but I did get the top 10 Manufacturers add-on whatever thats supposed to be.

Back