• Thread starter Xenn
  • 33 comments

Xenn

NSX
Premium
United Kingdom
The U of K
GTPXenn
(If these kind of topics aren't allowed, feel free to delete it, thanks)

These are views in GT1 you couldn't see in normal gameplay. There's truckloads of them, so i'm going to show the more notable ones.

Under the Car

1-2.png

Look into the sky (A strange view, must've been used for something)

2-2.png

Bonnet view!

3-2.png

Hightened view

4-1.png

... (Yeah, I have no idea with this one)

5-1.png

Right wheel view

6.png

Neat thread idea! Never saw any of those views before, how did you get them to work (or show up)? Is this done without a gameshark or similar cheat device?

Neat thread idea! Never saw any of those views before, how did you get them to work (or show up)? Is this done without a gameshark or similar cheat device?

I used a cheat device to get these views to show up :)

I also might be doing another version of this, but for GT2 :)

Last edited:
Could you pm the codes you used, I want to convert them to work for my ntsc disc. Do you have pics of the other views, I'd be interested in seeing them as well, as would other members. :drool: I'm excited about playing this game again! :)

I will have to re-create the codes for the NTSC version, as I was using the PAL version for these screenshots. But it shouldn't take me too long to do, when I do, i'll give you the codes :)

Most of them are views that go completely off the track, some are off center to the left/right, etc. I felt they weren't very special to view, but I might if there's interest :)

I really like the OBC from the right wheel. Reminiscent of the replays from GT2; Why weren't they views if they were clearly able to input them into the game? Front Left/Right were really good cameras from GT2.

Those views are good; car looks like either the RX-7 or FTO LMs?

I definitely think it's the FTO LM. I think Xenn said that these were views you didn't see because they weren't able to be used without a cheat device (like a gameshark), so many people haven't saw them. And Zenn, again I say great pics :drool:.

I definitely think it's the FTO LM. I think Xenn said that these were views you didn't see because they weren't able to be used without a cheat device (like a gameshark), so many people haven't saw them. And Zenn, again I say great pics :drool:.

Sorry, bad wording. I meant in GT2, because the OBCs are in the replays. But yeah, they're excellent without a doubt!

What car you use, if I can ask? :)

If I remember correctly, it's the Nissan Silvia LM Edition :)

I really like the OBC from the right wheel. Reminiscent of the replays from GT2; Why weren't they views if they were clearly able to input them into the game? Front Left/Right were really good cameras from GT2.

Those views are good; car looks like either the RX-7 or FTO LMs?

I believe some of these weren't used because they would cause problems with the track, with the right wheel view for example, if you get to close to the wall, the view will go right through the wall, blocking your view. That's my theory.

Are the views in GT2 similar? Did you use these views during a race or on a replay? I think this justs proves that Kaz Yamauchi and the team indeed didn't finish the game. If they would have included these views, there would be no need to make GT2 on the ps1, it probably would have been on the ps2 with GT3 graphics.

There are indeed similar views in GT2, there are some additional ones too. Basically, GT2 has even more unused viewpoints than GT1.

Edit: Forgot to answer the question, yes, these are done while racing, not replays :)

Off Topic: So I'm assuming you can use the Super Off-Road Racing (overhead) cam when racing in GT2........... On Topic (GT1): Is it more difficult to drive using the camera views like the bonnet view?

Off Topic: You can if you use the cheat device again, only way possible at the moment.

On Topic: Some of them are pretty easy to drive with, like the hightened one and bonnet one, like you said.

There happens to be more views in the Japanese version, bizzarely.

Side View

A.png

Reversed Behind View

B.png

Look Upwards

C.png

That's cool. Really like the reverse upside down cam, reminds me of the upside down view in the first Driver game.

Stay tuned for a GT3 version of this, coming real soon.
Righteous! My favorite Gran Turismo game. I hope to see a Gran Turismo 3 hidden things and secrets thread soon as well. :sly: I'm coco for my GT3.

Back