Viper ACR Sets Blistering 'Ring Time (UPDATE: 7:01.3)

And the engine in the middle.

I'm actually not sure awd is worth the extra weight or not at the Ring. Shorter tracks yes.

Mid engine isn't anti-purist at all.

I would fancy a proper manual mid engine Viper more than a flappy paddle front engine one.

AWD is unless its rally.
I don't want an awd Viper at all.

I could see the Viper adopting a paddle-shift gearbox in the future as an option, but not AWD or the engine being moved to the rear. Most of the folks truly passionate about the Viper already own one & will likely be the most vocal if the car returned different. The car would lose much of its iconic shape as well.

Not sure why the eye roll, it is a mid-engine car.
Should've put a :sly: by it. I know technically it's "mid-engined" in the sense of the engine is in between the axles, but you ask mostly anybody looking at a Dodge Viper and say a Ferrari 488 side-by-side and ask them where the engine is it would go
Viper - in the front
Ferrari 488 - in the back

There's a video of the Huracan actually lapping the track:

So unless Lamborghini faked the entire thing, it isn't a hoax.

I never thought it was a hoax but something's up. I just don't see how that car can even keep up with a 918, let alone beat it by more than 5 seconds. Seems fugazi.

I never thought it was a hoax but something's up. I just don't see how that car can even keep up with a 918, let alone beat it by more than 5 seconds. Seems fugazi.
Because of its aero.

The AMG GTR just threw down a 2:43.4 at VIR during Car&Driver's lightning lap, .3 seconds behind the 918 at 2:43.1, & nearly a whole second faster than the ACR. Technology moves as fast as these cars do these days.

Back