Viper gearing for 600PP

• Thread starter zodicus
  • 4 comments
Zodicus / GTP_Zodicus
Xbox me no like
I been messing with the vipers set up and I got it handling awesome, but its got no balls :(.. you have to pull sooo much power to make the 600PP limit. Has anyone found anything with the gearing to pick it up a little? I can run with or out run most any car in any corner but as soon as we exit the corner everyone starts to pull away. What sucks is in trying to make up for the lack of speed on the straits I push so hard in the turns that I almost inevitably screw up at least once in every race :(..

heres the set up.

power -20
weight 96%
tires R3/R3
ride hight -30/-30
spring rate 8/6
damper 4/6
toe -.25/+.25
camber -2.5/-1.1
brake ballance 5/4
max turn 42 deg
tcs off
ABS 2
1st- 3.158
2nd- 2.132
3rd- 1.492
4th- 1.120
5th- .844
6th- .596

I would use the regular production vipers for 600pp not the tuned one mainly just like you said, it has no balls down the straights.

anyone get any where with it I still cant get this thing to accle worth a poo. It seams like they are just to heavy or lack to much power to make them run down the straites with the other cars. I dont really understand that because isnt the PP thingy based on power/weight ratio?

I think I made some head way with the gearing, the way I got it set now I will never ever hit 6th gear in suzuka. IDK why but I wasnt paying atention to the HUGE amount of power under the curve the viper has. looking at the graph i bet it never drops below 400ft/lbs so I dropped the final drive and swtiched to manual so I could run a higher gear in the corners. the only time at suzuka Im below 3rd is at the start and even then I start in 2nd. So for any viper lovers out there it likes low revs dont spin it up. Not to mention its nice running suzuka and only having to worrie about 3 gears 3rd 4th and 5th.

Back