The Human Comedy 8 - Gr.3 Lake Maggiore

• Thread starter breeminator
  • 1,049 comments
Tried this today in the McLaren... usually my go to. Lost loads of time in S1 for some reason, just doesn't have any front end on it... bags of understeer which is not ideal. Anyway, finished 5th...

After six tries this week I managed to finally win this one. I did it with Porsche 911 RSR. L.Fraga was pushing me from his last pit stop to the line and he was much faster but I had some luck with traffic and I was able to defend myself. In the end he was 1,5 seconds behind me.
Last week i started a first attempt at this race also with the RSR. Only ended up on P7. But your victory gives me hope for another run with the RSR!

Last week i started a first attempt at this race also with the RSR. Only ended up on P7. But your victory gives me hope for another run with the RSR!
No hope needed, just patience and practice.
There is no impossible in this game, as long as you dont count in the current bug to a certain car that is banned from online participation.

No hope needed, just patience and practice.
There is no impossible in this game, as long as you dont count in the current bug to a certain car that is banned from online participation.
I know, i know!
Had the same issue with the WTC 900 in Suzuka. First run i was way to slow, made lots of mistakes and finished only 6th. Two races later it somehow "clicked" and i won easy with the same car!

But at Lago Maggiore the way the BMW passed me was quite shocking! Outbreaked me in turn 1 and then pulled away so fast. Didn't had much hope to match that pace with the RSR. I think i'll do some timed laps for getting used to the track with the RSR as preparation.

After many failed attempts, and a lot of practise I managed to get 1st place today. I tried many cars, BMW Endurance, Merc AMG, Aston Martin, but felt best with a good tune on my Porsche 991 RSR.

I think the tune was from this forum, I just made it slightly softer on the front and took some rear downforce off. This helped keep the car turning on the first stint between laps 7-10, which are the most tricky to keep fast without mistakes.

And to stay consistant and preserve tyres more, use TC1.

I managed to do mostly 1.57.xx and some 1.56/57/58/59 laps. I pitted L10 and L20 for 78% fuel each time. RM tyres.

I won by about 14 seconds from N Rubilar.

I was slower in the first stint, because you have extra fuel compared to stint 2 and 3. At my first pit stop, I was 2nd place with the AI about 4sec ahead. But after my pit stop, and some laps later, I found myself in P1, and from there I led to the end.

So make sure you aren’t over pushing in the first stint, you should be faster later. If you can get a 1.57 in the first stint, you should dip into 1.56 on the later stints and take the win.

Last edited:
After many failed attempts, and a lot of practise I managed to get 1st place today. I tried many cars, BMW Endurance, Merc AMG, Aston Martin, but felt best with a good tune on my Porsche 991 RSR.

I think the tune was from this forum, I just made it slightly softer on the front and took some rear downforce off. This helped keep the car turning on the first stint between laps 7-10, which are the most tricky to keep fast without mistakes.

And to stay consistant and preserve tyres more, use TC1.

I managed to do mostly 1.57.xx and some 1.56/57/58/59 laps. I pitted L10 and L20 for 78% fuel each time. RM tyres.

I won by about 14 seconds from N Rubilar.

I was slower in the first stint, because you have extra fuel compared to stint 1 and 2. At my first pit stop, I was 2nd place with the AI about 4sec ahead. But after my pit stop, and some laps later, I found myself in P1, and from there I led to the end.

So make sure you aren’t over pushing in the first stint, you should be faster later. If you can get a 1.57 in the first stint, you should dip into 1.56 on the later stints and take the win.
How were you able to tune for this race? It's BoP locked, right?

How were you able to tune for this race? It's BoP locked, right?
TBH that’s what I thought, but then I went in and just took all my rear downforce off, and it made a difference, I’m sure, the car was very nervous. So then I adjusted the shocks.

Last edited:
I'd like to know more about your method, I haven't even tried this mission race yet. It looks challenging and scary to me. I know the AI will kick my tail out there.

@safetyp1

Yes this is currently affected by the settings glitch. When you enter the event it reverts your car to the BoP but you can access detailed settings. Initially everything is still locked but by exiting and reentering the screen you can unlock suspension, diff and downforce adjustments.

IMG_4279.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes this is currently affected by the settings glitch. When you enter the event it reverts your car to the BoP but you can access detailed settings. Initially everything is still locked but by exiting and reentering the screen you can unlock suspension, diff and downforce adjustments.

View attachment 1350510
Oh dam, I feel like I need to do it legit now :/ But I guess if you want to get it done a bit more easily, do it now 😂

Remember guys if you’re struggling the difficulty is bugged. Making it hard actually make it easy.
I’ve had my game on Hard difficulty since I bought it.

My race time was 1.00.38.459 for 30L. That’s an avg of 2min1sec, but considering 2 pit stops, I had to be much faster than that.
The AI was 13 sec behind.

Oh dam, I feel like I need to do it legit now
Honestly I think the current situation should be the "normal" one.
Some cars have a default setup that compared to others is outright unstable.

But also in my opinion it shouldnt be that free, just a 3 step slider for "grip" "speed" "compromise" for the aero in which case PD would have all tools to make these settings comparatively the same, while allowing each driver to select the option that is either better suited to each individually as a player or the track.
But I guess if you want to get it done a bit more easily, do it now
Im not so sure about that though.
I guess it is easier, when you have found the exact sweet spot for the car of speed and traction (that is more speed than it has, but without losing too much of its traction).

Currently not having enough time to put my "thesis" to the test.
Yet I think the BRZ with lower general aero settings will be a monster on this track.
Or the Audis with a tad higher back aero setting.

Last edited:
I’ve had my game on Hard difficulty since I bought it.

My race time was 1.00.38.459 for 30L. That’s an avg of 2min1sec, but considering 2 pit stops, I had to be much faster than that.
The AI was 13 sec behind.
Well I have my difficulty set to easy. It's still a challenge though. I can't imagine what the AI are behaving like on the hard difficulty setting. I don't even want to know.

Well I have my difficulty set to easy. It's still a challenge though. I can't imagine what the AI are behaving like on the hard difficulty setting. I don't even want to know.
Let me tell you, I had death grip on my controller to play this precisely. It was like I playing an old school game which actually needed concentration. Usually I’m falling asleep playing this game! The AI didn’t beat my fastest lap of 1.56, but we’re surely in the 1.57/58s.

I can't imagine what the AI are behaving like on the hard difficulty setting
Let me tell you,
Missions are not supposed to be affected by the difficulty setting, and though there are players saying they are actually reversed (easy= difficult, hard = easy) I cant be convinced by this after having done human comedy for many hundred times.
AI times simply are not consistenst enough to really conclude any total time difference as part of a difficulty bug.

Missions are not supposed to be affected by the difficulty setting, and though there are players saying they are actually reversed (easy= difficult, hard = easy) I cant be convinced by this after having done human comedy for many hundred times.
AI times simply are not consistenst enough to really conclude any total time difference as part of a difficulty bug.
I ran 4 races yesterday where I just didnt drive and 2.5 where I did drive.

The easy times the AI was lapping as fast as 1:57.3xx each time, as well the time I drove. on hard the AIs fastest lap was 1.57:5xx, 1:57:8xx, and the one I drove was 1:57:7xx.

I ran 4 races yesterday where I just didnt drive and 2.5 where I did drive.

The easy times the AI was lapping as fast as 1:57.3xx each time, as well the time I drove. on hard the AIs fastest lap was 1.57:5xx, 1:57:8xx, and the one I drove was 1:57:7xx.
I dont understand what you are trying to point out with 4 races?

Over the course of ~40 races I did during patch 1.31
AI fastest lap 1:56,917 with a total race time of 1:00:52,653
AI slowest alp1:57,784 with a total race time of 1:01:07,193

This is 0.8second per lap for the fastest time, the difference of them finishing is only 14.5seconds
If the AI was consistent the faster one should have finished 24seconds faster.
Also just saying wind direction plays a huge factor.
Good wind makes me run 1:56,3**, bad wind slowes me by ~0,5seconds

Factoring in total time independent on the fastest AI lap, it gets spred even further.
AI slowest total time was 1:01:19,383
AI fastest total time was 1:00:40,221
that is 39seconds, or 1.3seconds per lap diffence

Or having a look at Tokyo WTC600
AI finishes with 27m + xs (where x is one of the following) over the course of 156 recorded races (but in this the difficulty is not known)
05 - 1
10 - 2
12 - 2
15 - 2
16 - 1
17 - 1
18 - 2
19 - 2
20 - 4
21 - 4
22 - 1
23 - 2
24 - 2
25 - 7
26 - 4
27 - 9
28 - 8
29 - 5
30 - 4
31 - 9
32 - 6
33 - 12
34 - 5
35 - 8
36 - 8
37 - 5
38 - 6
39 - 7
40 - 4
41 - 3
42 - 2
43 - 3
46 - 2
48 - 1
49 - 1
53 - 1
that is 48seconds over 12 laps, or 4 seconds per lap

Due to glitch ( now ypu can tune suspension and aero) i believe this would be the best time for me complete this challenge. Anyone have a suggestion for a car and tune?

I just entered my 991, restarted, went to setup and put the setup from here:

I did L2:1.57, L3:1.56, pretty easily, but I’ve now practised over 100laps and my lines are pretty optimised.

I just entered my 991, restarted, went to setup and put the setup from here:

I did L2:1.57, L3:1.56, pretty easily, but I’ve now practised over 100laps and my lines are pretty optimised.
Thanks for suggesting. Tried the mazda with piano's tune, won with 5 seconds lead.

Tried three different cars today with various tunes on them. I was consistently getting spun out by the idiot AI cars and no amount of grip would stop it. I also noticed that around lap five or so several of them would just flat take off.
There has got to be a way to get custom parts on the car here and just absolutely dust the AI. That's the only way to win because if you're racing them in a pack, they WILL punt you off the track.
By the way I'm no beginner here either with over a thousand hours each on several racing games, GT7 included.
My lap times are dropping into the 1:59's even on hard tires, which with a single pit stop should be more than fast enough to edge out a win in this race, but due to careless AI, it isn't.
The AI here just flat cheats.

Last edited:
By the way I'm no beginner here either with over a thousand hours each on several racing games
Thats no point of quality if you cant beat this event.

This mornings victory with a BOP Subaru BRZ (not tuning glitched) before coffee in pictures, just because!
Results:
1714895343563.png

Lap 5: already won at this point
1714895449452.png

Lap 17: after every AI pitted once
1714895511239.png

End of Lap 20: leaving pit for second time
1714895561224.png

Catching a +1.5s penalty
1714895625640.png

Self inflicted +8s spin because Im not an early bird and still needed 2more hours of sleep
1714895652215.png

Not difficult, not challenging, same story as always.

Thats no point of quality if you cant beat this event.

This mornings victory with a BOP Subaru BRZ (not tuning glitched) before coffee in pictures, just because!
Results:
View attachment 1352842

Lap 5: already won at this point
View attachment 1352844

Lap 17: after every AI pitted once
View attachment 1352845

End of Lap 20: leaving pit for second time
View attachment 1352846

Catching a +1.5s penalty
View attachment 1352847
Self inflicted +8s spin because Im not an early bird and still needed 2more hours of sleep
View attachment 1352848

Not difficult, not challenging, same story as always.
Maybe so but the 1:59 lap times and single stop strategy should still be enough to either win or at least get silver. Those are my times and strategy and I'm not even close. I'm getting knocked around by AI like a cue ball.
This last update unlocked a little tuning, which is my strong suit. I'm a better technician than I am a driver, but I have to be able to drive decent to test what I've built or tuned. Having tuning enabled made a five second difference, just long enough for me to cross the line after lap 29.
Just because people are winning this race doesn't mean the AI doesn't cheat. If I'd saved my replays you'd see that it does. If I could move out of the pack it wouldn't matter, and that's how I've won every other race in the game even on the highest difficulty.
Difficult is good until it becomes aggravating, then it's too much. Cheating should never be a part of it, either.

AI doesn't cheat
It doesnt, it is not faster than players.
It just drives better than in other races.

And on RH its not any different in total:
1714900499454.png

End of Lap 11: fastest AI pits, victory assured
1714900578468.png

Beginning of Lap 16: all AI in front still need to pit (again)
1714900651506.png

Beginning Lap 23: fastest AI pits again
1714900689213.png

Also, tuning is not enabled but glitched.
This event is supposed to be driven with a car untuned, and its absolutely doable.

Just practice, or dont.
My first attempt on this track was a similar experience, finishing on P14 I was "wtf, this is not possible, I cant be that bad, there is something wrong!", and now coming back every once in a while I cant comprehend how to not win.

Last edited:
Wise up, this race is what it is, it's the same for everyone. If you didn't win, you weren't quick enough, so practice until you are. And maybe channel this 'technical' ability of yours into great tactics such as avoiding the AI drivers: you know what they're like, anticipate it.

On the 3rd attempt today I did it! it has been the only one left to do. Have tried many times before over the last few years but has not really bothered me. Nice to get done & dusted. Good luck to all that are struggling, just keep on Trying & i will fall into place.

Back