Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,858 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! Have to admit I fell for that one. :lol:
 
New Nissan boss to evaluate car count.
Nissan Australia’s new CEO Richard Emery says he’ll this year evaluate whether the company needs to alter its current four-car presence in the V8 Supercars Championship.
Although Nissan is known to have been approached by non-factory backed teams currently running other brands, Emery admits that any expansion would have to be carefully planned.

“At this point in time, it (one team with four cars) is absolutely the right model to have for our development,” he told Speedcafe.com when asked of the company’s longer term plans.

“I think that people probably underestimate the complications and the commitment that needs to be made to go from four to six, or to go to other teams.
“I think you probably need four cars to really mature as a program quickly.

“I’ll watch and observe this year to see whether there’s upsides or downsides to go upwards or downwards from that.

“I think if you’re a serious manufacturer in this category I don’t think you can do it with less than four cars,” he added.

“Whether you need six or eight or whatever the number is, I don’t know. It’s something I’ll think about this year.”
 
I've said it before, and no doubt I will say it again: they need new drivers.

At this point, the Volvo and Mercedes are (and should be) more attractive to other teams or new entrants. If I were a team looking at switching sides, I'd pick a marque that can run in the top ten consistently, not a marque that can run in the top ten by accident.
 
If, or until, Mercedes actually back the Erebus programme, they won't be an attractive marque.

Nissan started this year better but seemed to lack pace in Tassie. Hopefully they improve.
 
At this point, the Volvo and Mercedes are (and should be) more attractive to other teams or new entrants.
If, or until, Mercedes actually back the Erebus programme, they won't be an attractive marque.

I agree with both points. Going forward, a big player like Penske, buys(or partners-most likely buys) DJR and switches to the E63, is the move. Look how Steven Johnson got the most out of the E63 in its development. It would take someone like this to make Mercedes Australia even think about investing.

An S60 in the hands of BJR(Coulthard), i feel would be better than the Commodore- for that particular team.

Nissan aren't far off. The Hornets have proven the better duo than the JD squad. If BJR teamed up with Nissan initially, I think we would have seen more consistency from the jump.
 
I agree with both points. Going forward, a big player like Penske, buys(or partners-most likely buys) DJR and switches to the E63, is the move. Look how Steven Johnson got the most out of the E63 in its development. It would take someone like this to make Mercedes Australia even think about investing.

An S60 in the hands of BJR(Coulthard), i feel would be better than the Commodore- for that particular team.

Nissan aren't far off. The Hornets have proven the better duo than the JD squad. If BJR teamed up with Nissan initially, I think we would have seen more consistency from the jump.

And that is why I follow and enjoy the Norton Hornets because Todd and Rick never seem to be able to push the car into a top five position, which quite annoys me.
 
not a marque that can run in the top ten by accident.

Think that's a little harsh, I agree they are very inconsistent and that Volvo at this stage are by far the more attractive marque. (@GTracer38 is spot on about Erebus) But Rick Kelly wasn't in the top ten at Adelaide by accident, same goes for Caruso at Albert Park. Will say however that Todd Kelly is almost completely hopeless at this stage, he should have retired from full time driving 2-3 years ago.
 
Last edited:
Updated with a better link from Tapout Australia.
Great news!
 
I've said it before, and no doubt I will say it again: they need new drivers.

Throw some Martini stripes on an Altima and count me in!
 
Sounds a lot like ROCK energy drink. I didn't think Erebus were that desperate.
 
Eww, Tapout? Next the drivers will be getting tribal tattoos and racing in oversized wife beaters.
 
I looked at various sponsors on DTM machines to see what could be possibilities for EMV8. There are none. I dont think having The Worlds best Chainsaw as advertising on a car isn't the best way to promote a sport "green people" despise. Telstra would be an idea but, that's the quickest way to loose all their fans. Mother would have been a sponsor but, TapouT seems more suited to Betty.

Man, she should have just put Westfield on the sides of the cars, paint the cars red and call it a day. I'd still give her respect if her empire were the main sponsor.
 
I looked at various sponsors on DTM machines to see what could be possibilities for EMV8. There are none. I dont think having The Worlds best Chainsaw as advertising on a car isn't the best way to promote a sport "green people" despise. Telstra would be an idea but, that's the quickest way to loose all their fans. Mother would have been a sponsor but, TapouT seems more suited to Betty.

Man, she should have just put Westfield on the sides of the cars, paint the cars red and call it a day. I'd still give her respect if her empire were the main sponsor.

Green people don't know 🤬 about these sports most times to begin with and usually the uneducated hipster green lovers think auto racing in general is vastly bad for the environment despite the measure taken by each premier league, more so than other groups to make sure the environment is safe.
 
Going to miss the racing again this weekend. Not starting out the year good. :(

Erebus seem to be showing some speed this weekend, Nissan started good and dropped as the weather rolled in. Should be some good racing either way unless Red Bull dominates again. :grumpy:
 
I do wonder if the ballast shift for Volvo has slowed them up. Funny how, they were given the okay, Then, someone mentions they are unbeatable and then, Volvo have to move the ballast.

I feel Erebus can get that first podium this weekend. I'll call the second race. As a fan, it feels good to expect them in, at least, top 10 if a win or podium doesnt happen this weekend.
 
Terrible qualifying performances for HRT today. :indiff: Oh well, happy to see Percat qualify in the top ten for the first race.
 
After seeing red bull destroy the field last week its nice to see them struggling this week.
 
Qualifying results for the two races today. Cool to see Dale Wood 3rd for the first. 👍
 
Not looking good for scotty's motor. Dahlgren didn't even make the start.

Hopefully both cars are sorted for the next race but I don't know if it's doable.
 
McLaughlin :(
 
Always liked Fab when joined V8SC. Ingall was so close. RBRA fell off big time. But, the race can turn any way as we've just seen. Good job by BJR and EREBUS!

Oh... and JD & NORTON HORNETS. What the hell is going on?

Ingall called the stewards a bunch of peanuts. Hahahaha
 
Wow, that was a hell of a race! Congrats to Dale Wood on his 1st podium! Just wish my stream didn't die with 3 to go...

Those restarts were crazy, gonna be a ton of teams working hard to get out for race 2.
 
I feel bad for Ingall but he did bring it on himself. He was passing everybody like they were standing still though.
 
McLaughlin retires from a race and still manages to make it entertaining. Ingall's comments post-race were pure :lol:

GRM have somehow just completed an engine change, that's a turnaround of no more than two hours! #33 is back in action :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back