Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,698 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Morris was so far off the pace I was surprised to see him actually allowed to race,

Indeed, especially at the Gold Coast event where he was nothing more than a (slow) moving chicane. What's really sad is that the Bathurst win means he'll probably get to go around with FPR again next year.
 
Indeed, especially at the Gold Coast event where he was nothing more than a (slow) moving chicane. What's really sad is that the Bathurst win means he'll probably get to go around with FPR again next year.
tumblr_mbg6zdDXqy1r79k9c.gif


That would be highly doubtful...... hopefully, Next year is going to be total crunch time for FPR and all Ford teams in general, praying for accidental results just isn't an option,
 
What's really sad is that the Bathurst win means he'll probably get to go around with FPR again next year.

Heavenly Father. No! Tim Edward needs to... Never mind. Can't leave it to him to make the tough calls.

I like the Blancpain Series. Can't wait to see the next AMG GT3.
 
Next year is going to be total crunch time for FPR and all Ford teams in general, praying for accidental results just isn't an option,
Yeah well said, we can only hope that the FPR higher ups come to their senses and see it that it way sometime before the enduro's next year. :tup:That gif too. :lol:
 
Reading that FPR may only have 2,FG X ready for Clipsal. Sometimes I feel they should go back to production chassis. 600hp V60 Polestar, 600hp Q50, 600hp M3, 600hp RS5 & E63 S, etc. It would be more like ATCC. AWD boost controlled Super Tourers again. .
 
Seeing as I haven't talked on here for a while. Here are my two cents worth. Whilst, it will be a sad day when the V8 is exiled, I feel that it is inevitable. I think that the name "Supercars" is very tacky and it should revert to ATCC. Whilst I, and the majority think that the racing in V8SC creams on any other form of motorsport, let alone touring cars, I think that V8SC should look at what BTCC are doing in terms of variety. I mean, they have something like 11 manufacturers and 30 something cars. Hopefully these new body shapes/engine configurations will reinstate 30+ grid sizes, but still keep the door-handle to door-handle racing we all know and love. In short, I firmly believe that these new rules will be for the better.
Thanks
 
Because plenty of Holden Commodores and Ford Falcons there.

I watch V8 supercars for V8 touring cars done the "Australian way" if I want to watch 4 banger turbo charged nonsense I would watch the BTCC, another form of touring car racing that has been always small engines and know how to act upon ensuring there is equal diverse parity, but no thank you anyway,

The reason I would rather watch the Blancpain is the entire concoction of what it is, the most exotic sports cars, that continually have their BoP changed to ensure close racing on the greatest circuits in the world,
 
Well, that's a surprise. Thought his extension at Erebus was a done deal. Thinking that he may have secured the vacant Penske seat. I mean surely he wouldn't be leaving Erebus to the be the third wheel at BJR would he?
Because plenty of Holden Commodores and Ford Falcons there.
:lol:
 
I'd like to see him at Volvo or DJR Penske.
 
Perkins out

Yep

Erebus have plenty of drivers to choose from Erebus GT, V8 Utes and DVS. Hey, he took a chance by staying with Betty. She won't be happy, but that's her problem. I'd take Stevie J over A. Davison.
 
Well, that's a surprise. Thought his extension at Erebus was a done deal. Thinking that he may have secured the vacant Penske seat. I mean surely he wouldn't be leaving Erebus to the be the third wheel at BJR would he?
:lol:


Who would think he would have left anyway? I don't fully get his move but best of luck with whatever he does.
 
http://m.speedcafe.com/2014/11/13/ash-walsh-tipped-take-erebus-seat/

Okaaayyyy

He's had bad luck at DJR. I THINK he crashed at Sandown, almost taking Holdsworth out. Maybe something we don't know. Could have been like Van Gisbergen. Erebus may have said they would try to get S60s and we know that didn't pan out. Plus, with Penske coming and Ford having the stronger (than E63) package, that's a plus.
 
Last edited:
Perkins out

If GRM can't get Premat back due to his Blancpain endurance series commitments, they need to put Perkins back with McLaughlin, stat. Lethal combination they would be in the S60.

Well, pleased to see that Ash might be finally getting that full time drive he deserves but a little disappointed because I would have loved to see him in a Volvo next year. And hey at least Alex Davison's name isn't getting thrown out there as a potential replacement. Sanity prevails. 👍
 
Slight change to the HHA livery for Percat's Commodore this weekend. On the fence about this one, I like it but part of me can't help but think maybe there's a little too much orange.

B2TAIwZCMAANjE8.jpg
 
Last edited:
HHA-Racing-01.jpg


Maybe it suited the E63 better. Or not enough orange.
 
Yeah, now that you it bring up, I think it did suit the E63 a little better. Percat's is fine though, not quite the best picture to judge it of off. I'm sure it look great in action this weekend.
 
Liveries do look way better in the flesh. Even the Jeld wen livery. :yuck:
 
The mondeo just looks like an S60 with a ford Grille
 
Doubt he'll get the #34 or #16.

Well how many other vacant seats are there? The third BJR entry, the possible second entry for Tekno, whatever LDM are doing and Erebus. Could maybe see him ending up at LDM. Though having said that, I still think he's best value for a team is as a co-driver and after his performance at Bathurst, no doubt that plenty of top tier teams would be interested in him.

And speaking of the #16, found this comment by Charlie Schwerkol to be, interesting. Maybe I'm reading too much into. Link.
“There are six Ford’s on the grid next year,’’ Schwerkolt said.
“And five will all have gun drivers. Having four of them at FPR is a coup. We have quality not quantity.
 
Really? Assumed he was referring to the whoever will be in the #16 next year? Whatever though, just seemed a little strange to me that he said 5 and not 6.

And much looking forward to seeing Ambrose's car next week, fingers crossed that it resembles this livery in some way.

Edit: It's only practice but both Norton Nissan's look to have really good pace again this weekend.
 
Last edited:
Of course, and the Jack Daniels cars bringing up the rear.
 
I'm just going based off reactions to Ambrose coming back.

Regarding NISSAN, they have good momentum in the team. Works wonders.
 
Triple 8 1-2 in the third practice session is an ominous sign. McLaughlin looks quick though he'll be up there all weekend. Good pace from Percat too. 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back