Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,672 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I have a bit of a project that might interest some of the people in this thread - I'm working to put together a complete database of all ATCC / V8SC races, with the highest level of quality and detail possible. It's currently completed back to 1996, 1993-1995 will be uploaded in the next few weeks and I'm currently working through the Group A years.

Check it out! http://racing-reference.info/v8.htm
 
So I've finally caught up with all the action from Tasmania, gotta say everyone is getting down on Dave Reynolds for no real reason, he was fastest of all PRA guys when it counted and without the horrible luck he carries everywhere it could have been a great weekend, getting spun early in races is going to get old rather quickly, and honestly Lowndes should have known a lot better then to even attempt a dive from so far back,

If he can keep this form up for the remainder of the year I see at least 5 race wins this year,
 
So I've finally caught up with all the action from Tasmania, gotta say everyone is getting down on Dave Reynolds for no real reason, he was fastest of all PRA guys when it counted and without the horrible luck he carries everywhere it could have been a great weekend, getting spun early in races is going to get old rather quickly, and honestly Lowndes should have known a lot better then to even attempt a dive from so far back,

If he can keep this form up for the remainder of the year I see at least 5 race wins this year,

He showed good speed, and he has in the past, his problem is consistency. He was unlucky at Tassie but regardless of that, he needs to continue his form from there to most of the season. He has the same car as Frosty so no excuses
 
He showed good speed, and he has in the past, his problem is consistency. He was unlucky at Tassie but regardless of that, he needs to continue his form from there to most of the season. He has the same car as Frosty so no excuses
he has had a reasonably strong start to the season, needs those results chalked up though I agree,
 
That's what they need to do.
 
Had no idea the burn that David wall suffered to his foot during the Adelaide race was that serious. Third degree full thickness burn to his toe that required a skin graft? Holy hell. :crazy:
 
Last edited:
Had no idea the burn that David wall suffered to his foot during the Adelaide race was that serious. Third degree full thickness burn to his toe that required a skin graft? Holy hell. :crazy:

Yeah, for what ever reason these new cars get quite hot in the footwell, compared to the older gen cars, Maro Engel and Tim Slade had the same issues a few years back at Clipsal,
 
Holden had the same concern but remeed it with cool air run to the foot well.
 
I dont know if you guys played "Stock Car Extreme" but there are some aussies working on a 2015 mod for it:

SRA_HOLDING%20COMMANDO.jpg

outside_2.jpg

SRA_NINJA%20ATTITUDE.jpg

ALTIMA_03.jpg

ALTIMA_COCKPIT02.jpg


The mod is being worked by Sim Racing Australia with Reiza Studios (makers of GSE) doing the physics. I dont own the game but I think I will when this mod comes out!

Heres a link to the article:
http://thesimpit.com/en/news/comments/V8-Supercars-coming-to-Stock-Car-Extreme-in-5-Flavors

And they ran a crowd-funding page on indiegogo:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ozv8-supercars-for-gsc-extreme
 
Why can't all the cars have much more Sexy Liveries...I mean yes the RBR colors are nice on anything and the Blue Polestar colors are always good looking. But other than that...all the other cars are boring. PDJR have done a wonderful job in the the handful or races alone with a single car than we've seen in the many seasons past.
 
The way Penske is doing this, Tony Quinn should be doing the same.
 
The way Penske is doing this, Tony Quinn should be doing the same.

At 10K a wrap, I don't think its plausible,
 
He's got his own chocolate business. Stix for a couple meetings. Chocolates next couple. Coffee or beans or whatever he owns should change every couple rounds.
 
Watching MotoGP @COTA. The full track should be used if SC heads back to Texas. Wet races for touring cars are too good.
 
Just a random observation here. In your avatar the xbox logo on the grill sorta looks like a skoda badge :lol:.
 
I had to do a double take thinking it was a medallion like these:
6lC50Ipff5qyHKTetyPWw5ugcQpciGa9U73wyOAXZLfpQp6TxYGb-uekJ3qBqQ8lPfu32QPQGKbLC3_wlVLbqENZsdtSOdBC9ZLxOISartada9CbXMnYiQxBrTs=w450-h280-nc


Hmm... and I do see plenty of skodas down here.

Regarding this:
SRA_HOLDING%20COMMANDO.jpg


The Falcon version could be "Forced Phoenix" or something like that.
 
Last edited:
I cant imagine it being too much of a hassle for PDJR. The bulk of the car is already red and the design has stayed the same or has only changed slightly.

I was looking through some Adelaide pictures and this shot of Ambrose is awesome:
marcos-ambrose-shell-17-e1426662226719.png
 
That's great news for DJRTP. Pye must be getting some valuable knowledge from the much more experienced Ambrose, if the last few paragraphs of the article is anything to go by. He could leave this season with a better knowledge of the technical side of things, helping him forge a stronger future.

Also, I haven't seen it mentioned here (and it's kinda old news anyway), but V8SC have officially opened up the market for the 26th REC. Triple 8 are expected to pick it up, but I would be quite pleased if DJRTP grabbed it. If there's enough demand, hopefully then V8SC have the heart to open up the bidding process for the former Tony D'Alberto Racing and Triple F REC's which have laid dormant since their demise.
 
I hate these parts of the season. Too much vacation time between races. :(
 
I hate it too and to make things worse, I'll be interstate that weekend so I'll miss it all. I planned my travelling around the F1 but forgot about the V8s! Lucky Foxtel has race replays on demand.
 
They could be racing at SMP and Phillip Island during this break. Top gear Sydney can wait.

I'd rather DJRTP go through this now to smooth things out. The team started strong and they'll finish stronger.
 
Now that we are in the long break, lets look back on some classic V8Supercar moments (Im feeling nostalgic) :D

Skaife vs Ambrose at Barbagallo and Eastern Creek (2005)


Ambrose/Ingall Sandown 500 - Ingall forgets to pump the brakes (2003)


Brad Jones rolls over two races in a row at Pukekohe and Barbagallo (2005)


I would have to say that 2003-2008 are probably the best six seasons!! I dont know how long most of you have been watching but they are probably must see seasons. IMO the best would have to be 2005 and 2006. Great action all year, lots of cars, battles, and the championships coming down to the last rounds. I did a quick search on youtube and most, if not all of the races are on there in full.

Also, anyone remember the VB Challenge?? Haha great video here from 2004:
 
You got to remember the DJR have lost several personnel due to a lack of funding since they last won the championship, restructuring a team isn't as simple as rebranding, there would be a lot of behind the scenes things that need to be addressed, once they get it together with Ambrose or Pye that car is going to be strong,
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back