• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 7 comments

Snaeper

Premium
United States
Phoenix, AZ
GTP_Snaeper
RQ8UdgA.jpg

This Series is now, sadly, cancelled due to lack of interest.

Thank you for your interest in the Vision GT Tour, an exciting racing series featuring Gran Turismo's Vision GT concept cars. This is a fun but competitive series developed for the joy of competition.

For now, this series is under development, so the amount of races, what events will take place during race days, what regulations will be used, and the final BOP of the cars are not finalized.

Test and development days will be held at what would be the normal time for race days until interest is built up enough to start a series. If you are interested in this series and would like to help develop it, put your name in the hat below and show up on "race days".

My current dilemna is deciding whether or not to utilize a more sim-esque series of regulations for the cars, or do something different and introduce more of the often-not-used-in-GTPOLR-events assists for a more arcade like series (though a strong emphasis on good racing conduct will still be enforced).

FPgBbd1.jpg

Pre-Season Event Series - - -

Date - Saturday June, 29th
Time - 3:00PM (UTC - 4)
Track - Red Bull Ring
Laps - 10

Time - Succession
Track - Apricot Hill
Laps - 10

Time - Succession
Track - Tsukuba Circuit
Laps - 15

Time - Succession
Track - Nurburgring Type V
Laps - 4

Regular Season Schedule - - -

TBD

z5gfYqm.jpg

While not vehemently enforced, we will be using GTPlanet OnLine Racing (OLR) Rules & Guidelines. All participants are expected to conduct themselves with the utmost respect to their competitors.

The Good Racecraft Guide is also required reading for all participants. Live by these words and this will be one of the finest racing series you'll participate in before leaving :gtplanet:

Penalties for poor racing conduct are to be determined.

XJv2wJm.jpg

It's safe to say you know what cars will be included by now. Each vehicle will have a minimum amount to prevent over-crowding of a single model. As new Vision GT cars are released that comply and perform within our technical regulations, the maximum amount of cars allowed for each car will shrink while the total amount of cars permitted grows. The participant with the least amount of points (with regular attendance) will be the first permitted to choose the new VGT car should they desire. If there is an odd amount of VGT cars, then a "Wild Card" car selection will be given to the first request for a model that's reached it's limit, but only if both other models are also full.

Additionally, participants are encouraged to select models with differing color schemes than those of their competitors. In the case of the BMW (and future models with limited color selection), the few colors that are available will be given maximum amounts to reduce total duplication of a single car/color combo as much as possible. Cars that are paint-able like the Mitsubishi are permitted to use any color the participant desires, though Mitsubishi factory colors and general Polyphony Digital colors are encouraged above paints from other brands.

Mercedes AMG Vision GT Racing Series (0/4)
TxLfosN.jpg

-- Final Specs TBD --

Notes: This car will most definitely be receiving a power reduction.

BMW Vision GT (0/2 White-Stripe, 0/2 Black)
Ousbq4i.jpg

-- Final Specs TBD --

Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV Evolution Vision GT (0/4)
RVGAr39.jpg

-- Final Specs TBD --

Volkswagen Vision GTI (0/4)

(Picture coming soon)

-- Final Specs TBD --

Notes: This car is also likely to receive a small power reduction or weight penalty.

Check back in for updates!

Last edited:
Due to what appears to be several impending GT Vision concepts (The VW, possibly Nissan, and rumored Toyota), as well as the testing date falling on Le Mans, I will postpone until further notice.

Please do not refrain from stating your interest as this series will most likely become active the following week.

@MattyMeow22 @Brutaka You both welcome to join! The Volkswagen seems to be competitive, though I haven't had a chance to race it against any of the others. It's slightly down on power and torque, but has the weight advantage combined with AWD to make up for it I think.

Would you both be available to assist in testing? What cars would you like to drive?

I've updated the OP with a Pre-Season single day Series this coming weekend if you're available.

Last edited:
I very much like this series but I'm afraid the lack of interest for it is putting it at risk of cancellation.

My single event format I'm developing may take advantage of the Vision GT's closeness in a future event.

Is there anyone interested in participating?

Back