Voice Chat Bots? "Beware of the 002s"

  • Thread starter Thread starter RedlineRacer
  • 43 comments
  • 4,209 views
Messages
772
United States
United States
Messages
AMS_Redline
I've been hearing around that there are bots that join in the lobby and check the voice chat for swearing. If they hear enough swearing from a person that person get a 48 hour ban, and the only way to tell they're even there is to check race results and there will be a Japanese flag with 002 following it. I have had two friends who have said they've experienced this.

Is it true?
 
No idea but that sounds kind of ridiculous considering that the rooms are private and not public or created by PD so why would they police the rooms for expletive laden voice chat is kind of dumb. They have an online disclaimer at the launch of the game and yet have some sort of swear police in online rooms...talk about big brother...that needs to go. People who enter and hear things they do not wish to hear can always mute or leave the room, no one is tying their hands or forcing them to listen to things they do not like. I haven't been online as I have no time to waste on there right now I am too busy building up a garage of moderately tuned cars for all sorts of PP and awaiting the community update before I even attempt going online.

Swear police online is a bit seriously PD, use those guys to do something better like figure out why online isn't so stable, according to threads I've come across in here.
 
I've noticed that whenever someone exits a race and you look at race results, the person gets defaulted to a Japanese flag.

I've heard some crazy things online that I won't even bother to get into here:rolleyes:

Edit: Although I do know someone who was given a 2 day ban. Sony didn't give him a reason why, but he does swear a lot...
 
I've been hearing around that there are bots that join in the lobby and check the voice chat for swearing. If they hear enough swearing from a person that person get a 48 hour ban, and the only way to tell they're even there is to check race results and there will be a Japanese flag with 002 following it. I have had two friends who have said they've experienced this.

Is it true?

Sounds like copypasta (Copy, paste-a) for GT6.

I don't think PD would go this far. They have more important things to work on.
 
I have noticed the letters TW where the flag should be.

But I wish you could disable the swear filter in your room.

Some of the words used in normal day speaking are blocked.

You cant even say conrod straight without it being blocked due to the word conrod.

I do know someone who was given a 2 day ban. Sony didn't give him a reason why, but he does swear a lot...

That sounds like a made up story.

You get banned for doing something wrong, and you get told why so you don't do it in future.

It is like spamming on GTP, you get banned but the mods dont tell you why.
When you return you start spamming again.
Get banned again, no reason given
Come back and start spamming.

As you can see from the example, you just waste time if you do not tell people why they were banned.
 
Guys ,you're getting paranoid :D While i wouldn't mind some swear police online (or here on GTP) sometimes ,thats not gonna happen . Go see TOS and find out why PSN banned you or your friends for 2 days.

PS: TW instead of flag means Taiwan , not banned :D:D:D
 
As if bots can detect swearing in voice chat :lol:
 
As if bots can detect swearing in voice chat :lol:

You know, that is actually the plausible part. I assume you're aware that many new smartphones and other gadgets can fully function by voice recognition?
 
You know, that is actually the plausible part. I assume you're aware that many new smartphones and other gadgets can fully function by voice recognition?
But GT6 has many different language-lobbies. You can also pull the card of ''PD is Japanese how can they code something that can detect English swearwords?!''. And voicerecogniztion is mostly in things of above 500 dollars. I don't think PD is going to put in loads of trouble but code something that recognizes swears for a small portion of a 50 dollar game.
 
But GT6 has many different language-lobbies. You can also pull the card of ''PD is Japanese how can they code something that can detect English swearwords?!''. And voicerecogniztion is mostly in things of above 500 dollars. I don't think PD is going to put in loads of trouble but code something that recognizes swears for a small portion of a 50 dollar game.
Actually 50 dollar smartphones can also have voice recognition. On smartphones the recognizing part is just an app, and the recording part is a mic. Same with GT6 probably.
 
No idea but that sounds kind of ridiculous considering that the rooms are private and not public or created by PD so why would they police the rooms for expletive laden voice chat is kind of dumb. They have an online disclaimer at the launch of the game and yet have some sort of swear police in online rooms...talk about big brother...that needs to go. People who enter and hear things they do not wish to hear can always mute or leave the room, no one is tying their hands or forcing them to listen to things they do not like. I haven't been online as I have no time to waste on there right now I am too busy building up a garage of moderately tuned cars for all sorts of PP and awaiting the community update before I even attempt going online.

Swear police online is a bit seriously PD, use those guys to do something better like figure out why online isn't so stable, according to threads I've come across in here.
I read the OP but missed the part about it being in private lobbies....

That said I welcome this with open arms! As someone who's spent a good deal of time having to deal with children who about abuse at you for no real reason is tiresome.
I don't care who you are there is no reason why someone should be allowed to throw abuse at you for no reason without recourse.

If this is limited to open lobbies only I welcome this and hope they increase there activity to help clamp down on it.
 
That Japan Flag and and 002 car will occur if one player is exit or disconnected during the race.
 
2169712-2169711-tin_foil_hat.jpg
 
Yeah the word censoring is pretty ridicules and makes zero sense in a lot of cases... You can't even give kisses as it blocks 'xx'
 
I just hope they follow The Three Laws of Robotics:

  1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  2. A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
I'd hate to see what happens when swear bots get free and overthrow humanity. We all might have to switch to Nintendo Wii or something. :yuck:
 
Highly HIGHLY unlikely... but could probably do with it!
 
Text chat filters are common place, annoying but understandable and often used in lots of different areas. Voice chat is another matter.

Personally I rarely ever use the text chat feature. I much prefer to use voice chat and I wish there was a way to disable the text chat while in the race as it is distracting when a message pops up on the screen during a race.

I think it is a shame that so few people seem to use a headset online in GT.

I also do not believe the OP at all but it is possible that someone was reported by another person int he lobby for being vulgar/abusive and had action taken against them.
 
I find it hard to believe that the staff at PD is doing this, but it would account for them not working on fixing bugs and releasing the course maker.
 
This has been happening for a month, not sure what the point of this thread was:

Nope, it's definitely what comes up when people quit the race. I had a race where 7 started, 5 finished and there were 2 Japanese flags at the bottom.
I can confirm this. There's no PD employee snooping around. :lol:
 
But GT6 has many different language-lobbies. You can also pull the card of ''PD is Japanese how can they code something that can detect English swearwords?!''. And voicerecogniztion is mostly in things of above 500 dollars. I don't think PD is going to put in loads of trouble but code something that recognizes swears for a small portion of a 50 dollar game.

Doing it literally live would be difficult. Picking 1 word in 10 and from each voice channel and giving yourself 5s to process each against a lookup table of phonemes would be very very easy, if you think about it...!

I still think the tale told to the OP is bunkum though. Sony would have publicised that kind of anti-swear system as it could only enhance their image.
 
Sony emailed me a warning about my language in a lobby and I was text chatting, not voice.
 
Sony emailed me a warning about my language in a lobby and I was text chatting, not voice.
Honestly? I think someone's taking you for a ride friend.

If there was people ( or bots) watching lobby's for swearing, we would've found out very early on and let's be honest, GT6 is not the best game to test run this kind of thing. Any Major FPS would be a better place for results.
 
I have noticed the letters TW where the flag should be.

But I wish you could disable the swear filter in your room.

Some of the words used in normal day speaking are blocked.

You cant even say conrod straight without it being blocked due to the word conrod.



That sounds like a made up story.

You get banned for doing something wrong, and you get told why so you don't do it in future.

It is like spamming on GTP, you get banned but the mods dont tell you why.
When you return you start spamming again.
Get banned again, no reason given
Come back and start spamming.

As you can see from the example, you just waste time if you do not tell people why they were banned.
Cant say hardcore
 
Back