Voice Chat Bots? "Beware of the 002s"

  • Thread starter Thread starter RedlineRacer
  • 43 comments
  • 4,209 views
Honestly? I think someone's taking you for a ride friend.

If there was people ( or bots) watching lobby's for swearing, we would've found out very early on and let's be honest, GT6 is not the best game to test run this kind of thing. Any Major FPS would be a better place for results.
Hello,

This message is to inform you that your Sony Entertainment Network account has been observed violating the PlayStation®Network Terms of Service.

Sign-in ID: *********
Reason: Verbal / Text Abuse
Location: Gran Turismo® 6

The Terms of Service have been put in place to maintain PlayStation®Network's status as the world's best online games service and to ensure that all members of the PlayStation® community can fully enjoy their experience online.

Repeat violations of the Terms of Service will lead to a suspension of your account, which will affect your ability to access the PlayStation®Network and enjoy great features like online multiplayer.

We value you as a member of our community and want you to continue to enjoy the full benefits of the PlayStation®Network. Please review the Terms of Service and abide by these rules in the future.

Sincerely,

The PlayStation®Network Moderation Team
------------------------------
--------------------------------------------
This email has been delivered from a send-only address. Please do not reply to this message. If you have any questions, contact Consumer Services using the following link:
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options
LEGAL
"PlayStation", "PLAYSTATION", and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (C) 2013 Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC.

Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC.
2207 Bridgepointe Pkwy San Mateo, CA 94404

Join the Conversation on the Official PlayStation® Forums.

To stay up-to-date with the latest PlayStation® news, visit the Official PlayStation® Blog, follow us on Twitter, and become our fan on Facebook.

[edit: the email address is playstation_consumer_service@rnmk.com]
 
Hello,

This message is to inform you that your Sony Entertainment Network account has been observed violating the PlayStation®Network Terms of Service.

Sign-in ID: *********
Reason: Verbal / Text Abuse
Location: Gran Turismo® 6

The Terms of Service have been put in place to maintain PlayStation®Network's status as the world's best online games service and to ensure that all members of the PlayStation® community can fully enjoy their experience online.

Repeat violations of the Terms of Service will lead to a suspension of your account, which will affect your ability to access the PlayStation®Network and enjoy great features like online multiplayer.

We value you as a member of our community and want you to continue to enjoy the full benefits of the PlayStation®Network. Please review the Terms of Service and abide by these rules in the future.

Sincerely,

The PlayStation®Network Moderation Team
------------------------------
--------------------------------------------
This email has been delivered from a send-only address. Please do not reply to this message. If you have any questions, contact Consumer Services using the following link:
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options
LEGAL
"PlayStation", "PLAYSTATION", and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (C) 2013 Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC.

Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC.
2207 Bridgepointe Pkwy San Mateo, CA 94404

Join the Conversation on the Official PlayStation® Forums.

To stay up-to-date with the latest PlayStation® news, visit the Official PlayStation® Blog, follow us on Twitter, and become our fan on Facebook.

[edit: the email address is playstation_consumer_service@rnmk.com]
If that's a fake, that guy is committed to messing with you. :eek:If it's real, then we have potential for a Big problem. :nervous:
 
Why? Sounds to me like somebody sent a report and it was actually read, nothing about it suggests a bot was involved.
 
If that's a fake, that guy is committed to messing with you. :eek:If it's real, then we have potential for a Big problem. :nervous:

I doubt very much that it is fake as I also received the same type of warning e-mail in GT5. Back when I used to host nightly NASCAR rooms, I used the "F" word a lot and well, I guess Sony finally had enough of it and sent me a warning, similar to the above e-mail. Not sure if there were "bots" in the room or if someone just reported me. I was using voice chat btw.
 
Definitely not bots then. I generally start saying things along the lines of 'you stupid :censored:ing wheel, stop that :censored:ing brake pedal sticking bull:censored:'. That's got to be at least worth a warning. :lol:
 
Definitely not bots then. I generally start saying things along the lines of 'you stupid :censored:ing wheel, stop that :censored:ing brake pedal sticking bull:censored:'. That's got to be at least worth a warning. :lol:

Yea, whatever it was, I wasn't too concerned about it. No one in any of my rooms ever complained to me about it as they were all friends of mine anyways. Not unless it was a random I kicked out for dirty driving and he just had an ax to grind. Either way, I don't think I even stopped using the word as, like I said, it was the same group of people, mostly, that I raced with and I wasn't the only one cussing like a sailor at times. :lol: Like I said, I was using voice chat, so I'm not sure how they got proof to issue me a warning. There either had to be a bot or a Sony rep in the room, or all online activity is stored on a server where they can go back and review these things. Who knows though, and I'm not really that concerned about it. I don't race online anymore anyways, so its really a non issue now anyway for me.
 
I was wondering those full rooms on GT6 online..
Oh they was only swear bots, those bots make also GT6 online look more popular than it is :lol:
 
No idea but that sounds kind of ridiculous considering that the rooms are private and not public or created by PD so why would they police the rooms for expletive laden voice chat is kind of dumb. They have an online disclaimer at the launch of the game and yet have some sort of swear police in online rooms...talk about big brother...that needs to go. People who enter and hear things they do not wish to hear can always mute or leave the room, no one is tying their hands or forcing them to listen to things they do not like. I haven't been online as I have no time to waste on there right now I am too busy building up a garage of moderately tuned cars for all sorts of PP and awaiting the community update before I even attempt going online.

Swear police online is a bit seriously PD, use those guys to do something better like figure out why online isn't so stable, according to threads I've come across in here.
You think this is bad? People on Xbox Live have been given anything up to a two week ban for being caught swearing and games like FIFA 14 will issue you with a warning saying something along the lines of "you are an ambassador for the team and you cannot be using such colourful language in the future". It does this on both consoles.

Xbox banning players for swearing (ironically, langauge warning for upcoming video):



Xbox and EA, why the sudden crack down on language? People argue that mature games (16+) already have colourful language coming from the in-game characters to begin with which is a valid point.​
 
I've got the worrying feeling theses bots (if it is bots) will turn out like YouTube's copyright bots and punish us for even being vaguely offensive. :nervous:

Here's hoping I'm wrong this time.
 
I've got the worrying feeling theses bots (if it is bots) will turn out like YouTube's copyright bots and punish us for even being vaguely offensive. :nervous:

Here's hoping I'm wrong this time.

Like I said, I'm not too worried about it personally as I rarely venture online except for the occasional WRS event I may run. For those that do play online though, just watch what you say would be my best advice. If not, just be prepared to pay whatever penalty is handed down to you.
 
I've got the worrying feeling theses bots (if it is bots) will turn out like YouTube's copyright bots and punish us for even being vaguely offensive. :nervous:

Here's hoping I'm wrong this time.
Yes i hope you're wrong again too.
 
I've seen some many people bypassing the word censorship. It's kind of uncool, because I've seen that happening when there are kids on the lobby. And sometimes they are so immature they just start a swearing instant message chain (and with really nasty things).

I know everyone is free to talk how they want, but sometimes it's just plain disrespectful do it in public. Me, personally don't really like talking with people who swear a lot, and it's specially annoying when playing a game. Sometimes is good to use common sense and be considerate with others.

As for spy bots listening to conversations? Nah... that's just some crazy reptilian conspiracy.
 
When I constantnly see Australian rooms with titles like 'skidz, no jews/blacks' (does the average Australians really even know any of those people?...)
Damn! I always wanted to go to Australia. Guess I better rethink my future trip :lol:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back