CORRUPTEDDISC

(Banned)
United Kingdom
UK
CORRUPTED_DISC
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Volkswagen's mighty Phaeton W12 shares virtually the same DNA and engine as the Bentley Flying Spur. This means a 444 bhp naturally aspirated W12 and effortless pace, but combined with the understatement that a Bentley could never have.

Plus, imagine the power you could wring out of that beastly W12 motor...:D

Would love to buy one of these. The price drops like a lead balloon but they are exceedingly hard to find in the US.

These always amused me because it read like Piech waking up one day and saying "Mercedes took a financial bath after pointlessly overengineering the W140. We want to do that too!"

Plus, imagine the power you could wring out of that beastly W12 motor...:D

Not a lot, I have the Audi A8L 6.0 W12 (The Phaetons much lighter, bit faster and better equipped cousin), basically the same engine accept the Audi version has 30 more hp and a dry sump, I've looked into adding to it but being NA the most you will squeeze out of it is 30 - 40 extra hp. Adding Turbos like the Bentley is not an option as there is literally no room for them on either car.

Not a lot, I have the Audi A8L 6.0 W12 (The Phaetons much lighter, bit faster and better equipped cousin), basically the same engine accept the Audi version has 30 more hp and a dry sump, I've looked into adding to it but being NA the most you will squeeze out of it is 30 - 40 extra hp. Adding Turbos like the Bentley is not an option as there is literally no room for them on either car.

Have had this idea to drop a W12 in my A8L for a long time now... but as you said, there is no room (might settle for the V10).

Unless, you work out some exhaust mounted turbo setup. That's the only viable solution I see for it... but then again, being a W12 it's rare enough as it is and I'm sure I'd get lots of backlash from the Audi community for "hacking" up a perfectly working W12.

Finding a donor/written off W12 with minor structural damage is proving difficult... finding one at all actually, is proving difficult.

Also, post that beast of yours in the pics thread! 👍

Back