Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,433 comments
May as well have:lol:. Starting from Adelaide, we followed the River Murray from Murray Bridge upstream on the Saturday and made it up to Blanchtown. Then went out around the Copper Coast region on the Sunday. None of this was done in an orderly manor, we would have gotten lost several times if it weren't for the Sat/Nav :crazy::lol:. First picture was at Swan Reach and the second was at Moonta Bay.
Sound like a geeat part of the world & a nice little ramble.

I can think of worse ways to spend a weekend.

My old barge went to her first motor show this past Sunday. Now that was a friggin' awesome day.

i6meVXrh.jpg

6QvKDYJh.jpg

This face says it all...

RkGolmkh.jpg

Better still, a few guys from the Volvo Enthusiasts Club (yes, such a thing exists, ikr?) invited me to join them on the Volvo stand at another motor show in two weeks! Happy days!

As a side-note, being the only Volvo 245 there (and the only Volvo on that half of the field), she did look a tad out of place, with a V8 Triumph Stag one side, and a Jaguar Mk II and a Marcos GT the other side! There was even a Mini Marcos GT next to that!

After 20 years of living with a car obsession, I've got my first real one to call my own:

Fun story - I actually bought it off my former high school teachers and band director.

It's an '05 Mazda Tribute, used daily by my teachers to get their kids to and from school for about 8-9 years. It racked up 132,000 miles in that time but I was told that mechanically it managed to remain nearly spotless - at it's 120k service about a year ago the engine got a full look through, and the mechanic claimed it was in outstanding condition. Even so he, went about replacing all of the gaskets as a precaution. So I'm set up with a piece of kit that's set to last me a good long while, and it's in just the right size and economy range that I need for where I am in life.

I don't actually recall which piece of hardware I have under the hood - I know I've got the automatic with the FWD drivetrain, but as far as the engine goes I think it's one of the lower range 4-cylinders. It's still friggin zippy for what it is - sadly I won't be able to drive it till I can make a few insurance payments. Mazda does a really good job with their consumer cars.

Back