Volvo EV General Discussion

Do minivans even sell anywhere outside of China and Japan anymore?

It doesn't look very Volvoy. I doubt it will ever see the light of day outside of China.

the geely-fication of Volvo

I just hope the overall quality of Volvos do not diminish as Geely begins to have more influence over Volvo's directions

the geely-fication of Volvo

I just hope the overall quality of Volvos do not diminish as Geely begins to have more influence over Volvo's directions
Long-term reliability is my concern. There is a lot of precision that goes into Toyota genuine parts lasting a very long time for example. Volvo I don't think has had quite that reputation but certainly better than any Chinese-quality reputation.

Minivans still sell in Australia. Imports like the Voxy and Alphard, are pretty hot too.

However, I’m not too surprised by a company that makes transport haulers.
Been a while, between drinks, since their last van though.
1697527702555.jpeg

I agree with Bembli (video below) that there is bad over simplicifcation of car design, while the EX30 looks ok from the outside from some nice styling ques, the interior is hideously bland and the tablet plank on the dash logic is getting so boring thanks to tesla.

Volvo's poor logic defies me so much. Explained more in the video.

Sounds like the EX30 is a mess. All the important things are put into the screen, requiring multiple inputs to do anything. They pulled a VW by having only two window switches and a button to toggle between front and rear windows. It sounds like they tried to do a lot of cost savings in order to hit the low price point

Few other electric cars, let alone small crossovers, have the levels of agility, grip, adjustability and engagement that the EX30 offers.

And yet I cannot in any honesty recommend you buy this car. It’s tempting to put it more strongly: do not buy a Volvo EX30. As we’ll explore in the following pages, it is frustrating to use to well beyond the point of annoyance, which is such a shame given the rest of the package – the design, the style, the range and value and most of all the driving dynamics – are so strong.

Back