• 90 comments

Fixed setups

• Fixed

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Allowed

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would you guys be up for default setup with the in-game BoP? I've heard that setups expose some of the weakness points of the BoP since it is determined and tested using the stock setups. It also would make it that there would be a greater variety of cars as well as keeping the entire field closer. I don't know about you guys but i'd rather have 16 guys in many different cars separated by almost nothing. Lmk what you guys think.

Would you guys be up for default setup with the in-game BoP? I've heard that setups expose some of the weakness points of the BoP since it is determined and tested using the stock setups. It also would make it that there would be a greater variety of cars as well as keeping the entire field closer. I don't know about you guys but i'd rather have 16 guys in many different cars separated by almost nothing. Lmk what you guys think.
It wouldn't be fun for others to have cars that might have default setups ill-suited for Nurb, would it? It would be a different story if the BoP and default setups were optimized for each track but since PD's defaults and BoP are a one size fits all deal, I don't think it's gonna help close whatever gap there may be, it may just end up doing the opposite imo. Not to mention we're doing this for an average endurance stint, people would be better off setting the car as well as possible for themselves.

It wouldn't be fun for others to have cars that might have default setups ill-suited for Nurb, would it? It would be a different story if the BoP and default setups were optimized for each track but since PD's defaults and BoP are a one size fits all deal, I don't think it's gonna help close whatever gap there may be, it may just end up doing the opposite imo. Not to mention we're doing this for an average endurance stint, people would be better off setting the car as well as possible for themselves.
I understand what your saying however, the BoP was optimized using default setups and thus if we were to use setups it would affect the balance between the cars, making a larger gap. And tbh, default setups in GT Sport are far better than they were in GT6 in terms of working at multiple race tracks. There will also be cars ill-suited to each track but with the large variety of GR.3 cars you can still have multiple cars dead even or at least very close.

BoP was also designed for no fuel and tyre wear on hards, but i'm pretty sure nearly everyone here doesn't want to do a 1.5H time trial. You can do that in sport mode

Personally I'm not a fan of default setups, and I don't have the time to learn how to accelerate with these "setups."

Got a bit of a unique perspective since I have no particular expectation of doing well, but I’ve already fixed a couple of handling issues from the default that would catch me out regardless of overall pace.

Better to have a grid full of people who can all control their cars and race door to door than match each other’s pace until they drop it?

CD4F0803-6D86-4F2E-BDF3-B5573A85CD37.jpeg
https://discord.gg/b3d2ujH

AA5027D4-1B79-4438-AEB4-34FE9095B6D9.jpeg

Important

We have become aware of an in game bug that allows players to replenish their tyre's grip without needing to visit the pitlane. While we cannot guarantee this can be monitored during the event, we don't feel this is within the spirit of the game so anyone found to be using this technique will be disqualified from the results post-race and may be banned from further participation in our events.

Please like this post so we know that everyone have read it​

Back