VR - Its time for another shot?

• Thread starter RaceFuchs
  • 4 comments
Germany
Near Nürburgring
DanPrez
With Half-Life Alyx just recently announced and Black Friday just around the corner, i think its a good time to talk about VR again. I own an PlayStation VR headset since last year. It started quite okay in 2018, with decent VR games like Astro Bot, Thumper and Moss. Tetris Effect left me 100% unimpressed in VR, while Resident Evil 7 was very good. I didnt spend much time with Gran Turismo Sport and Dirt Rally in VR. While Dirt Rally looks almost unrecognizable blurry and pixelated on PSVR, GT Sport simply lacks the ability to drive against a bigger field of decent AI cars. VR Tour mode is bascially a tech demo and hot lapping gets boring fast in GT Sport - my personal opinion of course. Long story short, PSVR is collecting dust right now and i havent played a single game on it in 2019.

VR on PC of course is a different cup of tea. The idea of being able to play everything Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2 and Raceroom have to offer in VR is pretty exciting. I know it will look better then it does on PS4, too. But i would like to hear the opinion of you guys. Does anybody own the Valve Index and tested it with some sims? In my personal opinion right now, it is a bit too expensive. Since i was disappointed with PSVR i just cant go and throw another 1000 bucks at VR. Oculus Rift S seems like the best bang for the bug right now. Its also a nice plug-and-play device. I'm hoping to get one for Black Friday under 400 Euros. However, the bigger field of view, higher refresh rates and improved controllers (maybe relevant for Half-Life) make Index quite desirable.

Whilst you make up your mind re VR on PC can I suggest you dust off your PSVR for:

Beat Sabre
Superhot VR
Blood and Truth
Farpoint
Firewall Zero Hour

Whilst you make up your mind re VR on PC can I suggest you dust off your PSVR for:

Beat Sabre
Superhot VR
Blood and Truth
Farpoint
Firewall Zero Hour

I dont have the Sony motion controls, but i might try Beat Sabre on PC.

Wasn't Wipeout vr as well?

Yes, but this is the only VR game that made me feel sick so far.

Back