VR Time Trial Times

• Thread starter MilkieKula
  • 16 comments
United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
MilkieDJ
No VR Leaderboard!!!!?

Post your VR Time Trial Times here!

Please include track, car, tyres and any mods (gearing/etc).
If you can provide a link to the replay that would be great it will legitimise your time with the rest of us for things such as cutting track/etc.

Last edited:
Ok... I must be missing something...

I cannot see anyone elses times on VR Time Trial.. It only shows my own!? Please tell I'm being a complete numpty and how to view friends VR times?
It's still possible for anybody to publish his replay and put a leaderboard in post 1 for a given track , given car same specs.....

Oh this is a major dissapointment! I just wanna know if my times are any good on the Nordschleife in the F40 :rolleyes: Is there a thread on here for VR Time Trial Times? Or anywhere I can checkout other peoples VR times?

Praiano, what do you mean Leaderboard in post 1?

Oh this is a major dissapointment! I just wanna know if my times are any good on the Nordschleife in the F40 :rolleyes: Is there a thread on here for VR Time Trial Times? Or anywhere I can checkout other peoples VR times?

A VR time trial can be organized and a classification can be showed in the first post of this thread.

Problem (for me) is that you can't enforce a regulation for the TT... It's on participants honesty. Anyway I made a TT with friends in february so the tyres may have change a lot since then, but here's a run in Comfort Soft tyres (yes... why not ?!) and full stock (7:35.0) :

I use the manual H gearbox with clutch, the replay after the run is quite fun !

You used comfort tyres and a proper stick shift and clutch!!! :eek: Well done!!! I think I get a similar time with Sports tyres and using paddles!!!

Going to update first post for posting of VR time trials!

Tomiroquai - Your replay, did you record while time trialling or is it a saved replay? I really like that you can see your head moving to see around the corner and occasionally looking in the rear view.

Last edited:
Yes it's live recording to have the head movements I did during the drive. If not it would be a simple cockpit replay which would be pity.

I did some miss shifts and mistakes but I liked the wildness of the run :D

Did you had some setup (tunining) ? I will try only for fun

Edit: I see full stock :) me time 8:39 but more times off the track . I will try it over weekend more times

Last edited:
Did you had some setup (tunining) ? I will try only for fun

Edit: I see full stock :) me time 8:39 but more times off the track . I will try it over weekend more times
Yes I always drive Full Stock (as cars come out from production line). I latly used Comfort Soft tyres because I felt there was too much grip with the Sports ones. After all sports are semi-slicks that you put just for track days, and comfort ones are those that fits for everyday road. I like that idea that I just drive the car as if it came from the road.

But now I use sports hard again as everybody I know tend to do so.

I'll try F40@Nordshleife again with sports hard just to see, but I admit I'd rather drive on shorter combos ;)

(Excuse my english for I'm french ;) )

I was very supprised about the handling with comfort soft tyres. It was really good and fun. I have expected it would be more difficult to drive F40 without slicks.
I did one more round under 8 min but also with more mistakes, but it was much better as the first stint. I use paddles. (i will upload video later) Thanks for good idea.

(no need for exuse, i think you have better english as I :D I´m f slovak :D )

I tried it on Comfort Soft Tyres, it's like driving on ice without ice tyres!!! Usually use Sports Hard.

This is my first lap using Comfort Soft Tyres, you can clearly see I'm rather poor at the start of the lap. I start getting better half way through the lap once I've got used to the plastic tyres!! It was certainly an entertaining lap to drive!

^7:45 if you haven't got time to watch me sliding all over the place! I'm sure I could make up a few seconds, but its not much fun, it's too intense!! ;-)

Unsure if my F40 is standard, at the end of the video I have included my car setup and game settings. I know I have added some Camber up front.

Last edited:
Me exact time 7:54 , also filmed the setup but in Czech language :D There is much to improve :D

Last edited:
If there's going to be leaderboards with a weekly car and track, might be worth setting up a thread in the online racing and leagues section?

If there's going to be leaderboards with a weekly car and track, might be worth setting up a thread in the online racing and leagues section?
Why not.

Personnaly I think we should run full stock with adaquate tyres, but it would be easy to cheat (even if I don't see the point), so if you prefer to authorize the set-ups I would be fine with it, even if I dont like setting up my car.

If someone could setup a VR Time Trial thing, that would be great! I would start it myself, but I'm here for a week or so and then away for a few months and won't be able to update.

2 Monthly challenges would be great imo. Stock settings is fine with me, although I do like to add a bit of Camber sometimes to help with turn in.

Back