VR update is garbage

• Thread starter SRCorner
  • 85 comments
Hey Brandon, I've been away from AC for awhile but have seen that you have had pretty good luck with ACC VR compared to many. I can't get ACC to even recognize my Oculus Rift after a couple hours of reading and trial and error. Do you first start ACC in Steam or Steam VR? Then start ACC? Do you start Oculus directly from the Oculus APP then go into ACC? I am clueless on conceptually how it all works, but am hoping you won't rip on me for being so out of the loop on even getting the minimums to function....LOL. Thanks for any help you can provide, Cheers!

I don't open Steam VR. I just open Oculus Home (required now) and then launch the VR option of ACC from my Steam library.

Thank you! My first mistake was that I was unaware that a PC keyboard CANNOT perform all req'd VR functionality so I need a D-Pad or similar! Is that the plan for ACC VR long-term? That makes me worried that ACC technical and graphic performance is being dumbed down because it will need to work with Consoles some day! YIKES!

I don't get why people are getting so bent out of shape over this (not you specifically, but so many people are whinging about this). They've said all along that if they can make it perform satisfactorily on consoles then they will make a console version, which I don't see as a bad thing. So, it makes sense to build your UI from the get-go with console compatibility, yes? And I don't have any problem using the buttons and d-pad on my wheel to navigate the menus, I actually kinda like it. I presume proper mouse functionality will be included at some point, they kinda have to since some DD wheels don't have buttons/d-pads on them. I also don't see how making the menus navigable with your wheel buttons means that the physics or performance or anything else is going to be dumbed-down to be like an arcade racer. How I select menu options has no bearing on how the cars perform on track, and so far I think the cars in ACC perform brilliantly on track.

VR is not for me because my pc isn't powerful enough. I'm not going to upgrade or buy a new gaming pc any time soon.

It would seem that @SRCorner is only here to promote his channel.

I think your right, Post #64 is all about the channel again!
I guess the VR is **** is more click grab efficient than VR is great, once you apply a few settings.
Funny part is that his "advice" are very basic, he his not even mentioning the Engine.ini settings that @unionjackstar has been developing and that is where the real improvements are, not just a mere moving two sliders in the game menu.

I think your right, Post #64 is all about the channel again!
I guess the VR is **** is more click grab efficient than VR is great, once you apply a few settings.
Funny part is that his "advice" are very basic, he his not even mentioning the Engine.ini settings that @unionjackstar has been developing and that is where the real improvements are, not just a mere moving two sliders in the game menu.

I'm afraid you didn't even watch the first minute as you are completely misguided on your comment regarding the video. This is all about making Engine.ini tweaks.

I'm afraid you didn't even watch the first minute as you are completely misguided on your comment regarding the video. This is all about making Engine.ini tweaks.
Not the one in post #64
When are you changing your thread title?

Not the one in post #64
When are you changing your thread title?

Why should I exactly? Why does it upset you so much? Things have evolved for sure and there are ways to improve the visuals in ACC with Engine.ini tweaks, and that's exactly why I contributed further on this thread. However, the title of the thread was started for that first video from weeks ago so the title should remain. For that very reason alone. I hope that makes sense.

Easy guys, it's not worth having a pissing match over. He does mention the .ini settings and lists them in the description. He's just trying to help, doesn't matter if he posts much here or not. There's only about a half dozen of us left around here anyway.

That might be a bit inflated. :lol: All the console guys have pretty much bailed, just PC guys left sharing mods. Hell, it's been 6+ months since even I have done a race.
I thought you were talking about ACC, AC is busier than ever, just check the Steam chart.
I still drive every day and the updates from the light shader are very nice. Real mirrors is a god send.

I thought you were talking about ACC, AC is busier than ever, just check the Steam chart.
I still drive every day and the updates from the light shader are very nice. Real mirrors is a god send.

I was referring to the whole of the AC section of GTP, including the ACC section. Not many active people around here anymore outside of the AC Mods thread.

I was referring to the whole of the AC section of GTP, including the ACC section. Not many active people around here anymore outside of the AC Mods thread.
Yes, you are right, sorry, I misunderstood. GTP is more a console than a PC site, and nothing is going to happen on AC on Console anymore, what you got is what you have.:D, and for ACC, I will be surprised if it ever make it to console, it is a to heavy on hardware and too narrow on focus.:)

Easy guys, it's not worth having a pissing match over. He does mention the .ini settings and lists them in the description. He's just trying to help, doesn't matter if he posts much here or not. There's only about a half dozen of us left around here anyway.
I have seen that only the mod section is active lately. The main thread is about to get more active as im gonna need some advice from you guys. Im buying AC for my nephew on saturday and giving him my wheel as he is getting a PC, Vive Pro, and two tastey monitors, all for free, I gave him a clip around the ear because he asked for two monitors, two, not bloody three!

Anyway im gonna need info on setting it up for VR and G27, as well as how to install mods. He wants to get into drifting as well but im planning on beating that out of him. Is it best to add Content Mananger straight away or let him get use the the default launcher first? I cant wait for saturday until my toys arrive, i mean his toys.

I have seen that only the mod section is active lately. The main thread is about to get more active as im gonna need some advice from you guys. Im buying AC for my nephew on saturday and giving him my wheel as he is getting a PC, Vive Pro, and two tastey monitors, all for free, I gave him a clip around the ear because he asked for two monitors, two, not bloody three!

Anyway im gonna need info on setting it up for VR and G27, as well as how to install mods. He wants to get into drifting as well but im planning on beating that out of him. Is it best to add Content Mananger straight away or let him get use the the default launcher first? I cant wait for saturday until my toys arrive, i mean his toys.

Awesome. 👍 I might start with the default launcher first, I think it's a little easier to navigate when you don't know your way around yet and then once he knows what's what he can move to Content Manager. Should be some youtube videos on how to install mods, it's fairly easy most of the time. Make sure to tell him to have patience with VR, at first it's going to seem unsettling and a bit disappointing but once you get your equipment dialed in and your brain has time to sort out what the hell is going on it becomes a very enjoyable experience. First couple weeks he may start feeling nauseous after playing for a few, if he starts to feel woozy stop right then and take a break for a couple hours otherwise you can start to feel pretty wrong and the longer you push it the longer it takes for you to feel right again. But if he works his way up in small doses then after a week or two he'll be able to play for hours and feel fine.

Does anyone have any experience using the PSVR on PC with AC or PC2? I've seen some videos on YouTube with people using something called 'Trinus VR'.

If so, how easy was it to get it working properly? Thanks in advance!

Awesome. 👍 I might start with the default launcher first, I think it's a little easier to navigate when you don't know your way around yet and then once he knows what's what he can move to Content Manager. Should be some youtube videos on how to install mods, it's fairly easy most of the time. Make sure to tell him to have patience with VR, at first it's going to seem unsettling and a bit disappointing but once you get your equipment dialed in and your brain has time to sort out what the hell is going on it becomes a very enjoyable experience. First couple weeks he may start feeling nauseous after playing for a few, if he starts to feel woozy stop right then and take a break for a couple hours otherwise you can start to feel pretty wrong and the longer you push it the longer it takes for you to feel right again. But if he works his way up in small doses then after a week or two he'll be able to play for hours and feel fine.
Thanks. I dont think he will suffer from nausea, because he wont be able to prize it out of my hands :lol:. Nah he has the PSVR and it doesnt bother him.

The one thing i remember people talking about was lock to horizon. Should it be locked or not?

Thanks. I dont think he will suffer from nausea, because he wont be able to prize it out of my hands :lol:. Nah he has the PSVR and it doesnt bother him.

The one thing i remember people talking about was lock to horizon. Should it be locked or not?

Most people prefer it to be locked, myself included.

Edit: Funny thing though, ACC doesn't have lock to horizon yet and it bothers me so little I didn't even notice until I saw people complaining on the support forum. So, YMMV.

Last edited:

Edit: Funny thing though, ACC doesn't have lock to horizon yet and it bothers me so little I didn't even notice until I saw people complaining on the support forum. So, YMMV.

One thing i'd like to know though. The G27needs drivers doesnt it? I dont have the disc. Gonna enjoy setting it all up tommo.

One thing i'd like to know though. The G27needs drivers doesnt it? I dont have the disc. Gonna enjoy setting it all up tommo.

Yes, but you should be able to download them and it's not difficult to get installed and setup. I think with Logitech the profiler software needs to be open when you're gaming too? Not sure if that applies to AC but I've seen it said in the past that it needs to be open for Logitech wheels (hopefully someone with a G25/27 can confirm or deny).

Should be able to find what you need here.
https://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g27-racing-wheel

Yes, but you should be able to download them and it's not difficult to get installed and setup. I think with Logitech the profiler software needs to be open when you're gaming too? Not sure if that applies to AC but I've seen it said in the past that it needs to be open for Logitech wheels (hopefully someone with a G25/27 can confirm or deny).

Thanks. yea i googled that straight after i posted. Will see if it all works tommo.

Maybe I'm late to the party because I've spent the last couple of months exclusively on Elite Dangerous but 'Lock to Horizon' is now available in the video settings. Actually all the videos settings can be changed and applied on the fly. It's great to observe what helps and what doesn't.

I’m just trying to set the G27 for my nephew. But the rotation doesn’t match any car. Is there a way to make it match each car automatically? Also any tips on fb? Cheers and merry Christmas to everyone.

EDIT: Sorted the wheel. cant get it to load in VR. Got the sound though the headset but no visuals.

Last edited:
Back