Moved to different thread

• Thread starter Jakedog23
  • 1,899 comments

What track do you want to race next week?

• Mount Panorama

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Circuit de la Sarthe (2009)

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Idaho Falls, ID
JakeDog23
GT1.jpg

Club ID: 1003426
Brought to you by: @euclid58, @Jakedog23, and @reigninblood.
Special thanks to:@Dragonwhisky, @msgt-sd, and @Die_Birdy_Die

Welcome to the SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series:
We represent the full tuning series of the biggest, console based, sim racing league in the world.
We race class grouped cars rotating every 3 seasons. GT500and GT3 Road Cars.
There are two different divisions, Pro and Pro-Am.
We have specs for both divisions, to keep them as equal as possible and ensure competitive racing for the entire season.

Race Format:

We will race Fridays at 9:30 PM ET, with the room opening at around 8:30 PM ET.
Each night will consist of one 50 minute timed race at the chosen track.
There will be a 10 Minute qualifier before the race.

Tire regulations:
In the GT500 series Racing Medium and Racing Soft are the compound choice.

In the GT3 series Racing Hard and Racing Medium are the compounds choice.
The Racing Hard compound must be used a minimum of 4 laps in every race.

Championship Prize:
Champions of both Pro and Pro-Am will get to choose 2 tracks each, to be used next season.

Rules:
We expect all drivers to follow our S.N.A.I.L. OLR and pursue Good Racecraft at all times. It can be summed up in one simple 'Golden Rule' of motorsports: It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free. If you don't agree with this rule or don't think it applies to you, this is not the league for you.

Incident Reports:
If, at anytime during race night, you feel you have been a victim of a race incident, please contact @Jakedog23 and @euclid58, and the person who "caused" the incident as well, through the GTPlanet PM system.
We will look at the replay and take action we deem necessary.

How to Join Us:

Step 1: Post a request to join (Don't PM me, just post in this thread)
Step 2: Watch for a reply to your request post and follow the instructions provided.
Step 3: Send a Friend Request to me on PlayStation Network and wait for an invite to the club.
Step 4: Purchase the car you will be racing for the current season we are in.
Step 5: Get an oil change for the cars and match the specs for the class you are in.
Step 6: Tune your car.

SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series Frequently Used Documents (FUD).

Last edited:
SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Number Plates:

Pro: Type D (Box w/ Black Border)
Pro-Am: Type B (Gumball/ Black Border)

Car classes and specs:

GT500:

Pro - 600HP, 1,170 kg
Pro-Am - 600HP, 1,100 kg

GT3 road cars:

Pro - 650HP, 1,370 kg
Pro-Am - 650HP, 1,300 kg

Flat floors and Wings must be installed if applicable.

Car List:
GT500:

Nissan
  • GT-R GT500 Base Model '08
  • Z GT500 Base Model '06
Lexus
  • SC430 GT500 Base Model '08
Toyota
  • Supra GT500 Base Model '05
Honda
  • HSV-010 GT500 Base Model '12

GT3 class:

Chevrolet
  • Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
  • Corvette Z06 (C6) '06
  • Corvette Stingray (C7) '14

SRT
  • Viper GTS Launch Edition '13
  • Viper SRT10 ACR '08

Mercedes-Benz
  • SLS AMG '10
Ferrari
  • 458 Italia '09
Ford
  • GT '06
Lexus
  • LFA Nurburgring Package '12
Pro and Pro-Am:

We will be running 2 classes of cars.

We do this to get variety in our series and have a bit of a challenge between the two classes.
If you are a part of SNAIL: D1-D3 will race in the Pro class. D4-D7 will race in the Pro-Am class.

If you are not a part of SNAIL: you will run a Time Trial on Ascari Full Track with the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11 on Racing Soft tires.
Your performance on that Time T will determine your class.

Last edited:
Season 8 Schedule:
9/18/15:
Red Bull Ring

9/25/15:
Circuit de la Sartre (2009)

10/2/15:
Mount Panorama

10/9/15:
Suzuka 2014

Last edited:
DC checking in, #5, Car & Colors TBD still.?

Still Testing.. Will let you know as soon as I decide on my ride if that's OK?
Thanks,

GTP ID: dcschwinn (Updated with new GTP ID)
PSN ID: dcschwinn

Edit
To not cause mass confusion with GTPlanet names and PSN names I'm just going to subscribe as a premium member so I can change my GTPlanet name to my PSN ID: dcschwinn because that's how people recognize me when we are on the track or what have you... Make sense! You can change it now or maybe when I do it I will let you know and you can just put my PSN Name in & cabosh Adubs5.. Sound like a plan?
Thanks,
Dc

Edit#2
If needed you can put me up as a reference for a friend request option! Just letting you know

Last edited:
DC checking in, #5, Car & Colors TBD still.?

Still Testing.. Will let you know as soon as I decide on my ride if that's OK?
Thanks,

GTP ID: Adubs5
PSN ID: dcschwinn
Will be added when I get to a computer:)

My buddy just got this and I thought of you and your love for Vipers! It's a fun ride that's fo sho!!

Attachments

• 20140815_234730.jpg
    20140815_234730.jpg
    744.4 KB · Views: 30
When does this start and how often will you be racing and on what day/night? I'm interested in racing if those questions have the right answer for me.

When does this start and how often will you be racing and on what day/night? I'm interested in racing if those questions have the right answer for me.

I was told it wasn't gunna start til the beginning of 2015?? Jake will have a better guesstimation but as far as I know it's still a little ways away? Sounds pretty cool though doesn't it?

I was told it wasn't gunna start til the beginning of 2015?? Jake will have a better guesstimation but as far as I know it's still a little ways away? Sounds pretty cool though doesn't it?

It sounds good. I guess it's something to keep an eye on and go from there.

It sounds good. I guess it's something to keep an eye on and go from there.

I just know that he is still working on getting the cars all up to GT1 specs and that's a process in itself so that's what I have been told and I've been trying different cars out and seeing which one I would want if it ever came about here in the future! I'm hoping everything works out! it will be something different so that's pretty cool!!

We don't have a set schedule yet, but we are looking every 2 weeks for races. And we are looking on Friday, possibly Saturday.

We hope to have all testing done by November. I will be posting official practice dates in the website at the top of the OP.

Last edited:
So we plan on racing in the year 2015:) I plan on having at least two hour races or longer depending in the track like it says. And also we will be doing some night races.

hey guys

As it's next year obviously there's stuff still yet to decide. But i'm guessing there will be specs etc. OP is a bit confusing at the moment but that's fine.

As long as the day suits me i'll jump in. My PSN is True-blue-8
I'll probably take the Aston, #58

Will add you on PSN so I can jump in if your ever free 👍

hey guys

As it's next year obviously there's stuff still yet to decide. But i'm guessing there will be specs etc. OP is a bit confusing at the moment but that's fine.

As long as the day suits me i'll jump in. My PSN is True-blue-8
I'll probably take the Aston, #58

Will add you on PSN so I can jump in if your ever free 👍
Hey, and well welcome. Sorry for the confusion but we have two Astons in the field V12 Vantage and DB9 '06

oh I didn't see the DB9, as it's my dream car, i'm gonna take it lol but if I change i'll let you know

I'm going to put some laps in this evening hopefully so i'll add you.

Quick question. It mentions specific parts but does not specify. So what tuning and aero parts can I add?

I'll test out other cars and get back to you with times 👍
Ok will add you as the DB9. And I have been working on the cars for a while and the third post on the thread will have the base tunes for the cars as well as the specific way to setup the wings and so forth.

@euclid58, @DCschwinn, and @reigninblood I see you guys haven't made a decision on your car or color and just wanted to remind you guys.
@JLBowler I also wanted to check if you where still interested in joining us.

I have not yet decided on a vehicle but I am putting your specs on a few of the ones that I'm interested in and I just have to you take some time and test them out!! You got a deadline you want.me to get you an answer by or what's up??

I have not yet decided on a vehicle but I am putting your specs on a few of the ones that I'm interested in and I just have to you take some time and test them out!! You got a deadline you want.me to get you an answer by or what's up??
I was just making sure you guys knew you haven't chosen anything.

Well aware sir!! I just purchased a couple more cars 2 days ago... I should have something picked out for you pretty soon!

You happen to know any cars in the dealership that you can buy that have a chrome paint chip if you buy the car?? never had one till the other day when I Beat that seasonal event??

Well aware sir!! I just purchased a couple more cars 2 days ago... I should have something picked out for you pretty soon!

You happen to know any cars in the dealership that you can buy that have a chrome paint chip if you buy the car?? never had one till the other day when I Beat that seasonal event??
I don't actually know and cars that come with chrome chips. And also if you need to know the parts from any of the cars that you need to install just PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back