• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eva

Founder of VRR
Premium
United States
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America
BlackRose_Atomic
Virtual Reality Racing is back hosting A-Spec events, the first of which being in IndyCar, quite the departure from Super GT. The first season is set to be contested across twelve events, including an Indianapolis 500. Races are set to be held on Saturdays, with a timeslot to be determined.
VRR Coca-Cola IndyCar Series​
Round 01: Mello Yello Indy 300/Texas Motor Speedway/200 laps/28 April 2018
Round 02: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach/Long Beach Street Circuit/85 laps/12 May 2018
Round 03A: Indianapolis 500 Qualifying/Indianapolis Motor Speedway/26 May 2018
Round 03: VRR Indianapolis 500/Indianapolis Motor Speedway/200 laps/02 June 2018
Round 04: Sargento Indy Grand Prix of Wisconsin/Road America/50 laps/16 June 2018
Round 05: Zippo Indy Grand Prix of New York/Watkins Glen International/60 laps/30 June 2018
Round 06-07: Coca-Cola Twin 300s/Texas Motor Speedway/248 laps/14 July 2018
Round 08: Firestone Indy Grand Prix of Florida/Daytona International Speedway/60 laps/21 July 2018

Round 09: Sony Indy Grand Prix of Japan/Sportsland SUGO/75 laps/11 August 2018
Round 10: WeatherTech Indy Grand Prix of Monterey/Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca/90 laps/18 August 2018
Black Rose Racing-Honda
#7: AngelOfFire813 (USA)/Doom
Cat Devil Racing-Honda
#98: GTP_RACECAR (USA)/NAPA
CTR Motorsports-Honda
#5: The_Eh_Team_43 (CAN)/Arrow
Enigma Racing
#26: Street-King-07 (SCO)/
Genki Racing Project-Honda
#14: WeatherSystems (USA)/ABC Supply Co.
Hallow Sport-Chevrolet
#6: OR-DIDACT (USA)/Preferred Freezer
Interstellar Motorsports-Chevrolet
#9: Sassafrass_3 (USA)/Target
Razgriz Racing-Chevrolet
#10: nascarfan1400 (USA)/NTT Data
Scuderia Rabia Furiosa-Chevrolet
#11: GTP_Crim (USA)/Hydroxycut
Okuma Motorsports-Chevrolet
#22: GTP_GTRacer22 (USA)/Menard's
Wilson Racing-Honda
#19: RacingAtHome (GBR)/Boy Scouts of America

Reserve Entries
Apex Racing Team-Chevrolet
#3: LITTLEBLACKO932 (AUS)/Pennzoil
Dead Last Racing-Chevrolet
#61: Leadfoot530 (USA)/Pirtek
SLG Racing-Honda
#27: Soullock27 (USA)/Snapple
Team Elite-Chevrolet
#20: Chadbaseball15 (USA)/Fuzzy's Vodka
#21: FutureF1 (USA)/Preferred Freezer
1.1. Every driver participating must be a part of a team, either as a driver or as an owner-driver.
1.2. Every participant must select a car that has an oval and a road course car option. Running mixed numbers won't be permitted.
1.3. Teams with multiple cars must run under the same engine type, Chevrolet, or Honda.
1.4. Cars sharing sponsors, like Verizon, Preferred Freezer or ABC Supply Co, must be used by the same team.
2.1. VRR is a clean racing environment. Rough, but fair competition is expected. Accidents will be reviewed after each race and post race penalties may be assessed.
2.2. Drivers must be aware of their surroundings at all times in a multiclass environment. Drivers in the faster class will be expected to drive cleaner and use patience with their overtakes.
2.3. Drivers attempting to lap cars will need to use flashing lights as well as patience in passing.
2.4. Drivers being lapped do not have to pull off of the racing line, but must maintain a constant line until after they have been cleared by the passing car.
2.5. Drivers that have been lapped cannot fight to regain that lap unless they are engaged in a battle for direct position on track.
2.6. The racing surface is determined to be the asphalt/concrete which contains the racing line. Curbstones, rumble strips, sausage curbing, and astroturf do not count as part of the racing surface.
2.6.1. Penalties will be assessed based on if drivers gain an advantage by abusing track limits by either cutting the insides of corners or by using the outside boundaries on corners and corner exits.
2.7. Pit entry and exit lines are to be respected at all times. Drivers that are found to cross the solid lines entering or exiting pit lane will receive a 10 second post race time penalty.
2.8. Passing under yellow flag conditions is prohibited. Drivers that pass under a local yellow and do not give the position back will be handed a 30 second post race time penalty.
2.9. Drivers that prematurely leave a race once will be given a disciplinary warning for the first offense. The second time a driver leaves a race before the finish, the driver will be suspended for one race. The third time a driver leave a race early, they will not be permitted to continue the season in any capacity.
2.10. Drivers vying to defend a position on track are allowed one defensive move as a proactive measure. Making a defensive move as a reactive measure will earn a warning/penalty. This includes weaving back and forth across the racing surface.
3.1. Race lobbies will open at 3:00 p.m. Eastern U.S. time with 30 minutes of last minute warm up practice.
3.2. Qualifying will follow the warmup session, with ovals and road courses utilizing different qualifying procedures.
3.2.1. Road course qualifying will be a 20 minute session, starting at 3:30 p.m. Eastern U.S. time, where all competitors are running at the same time on track.
3.2.2. Qualifying for the oval events at Texas and Indianapolis will be different, with qualifying being set to a longer time span. Drivers will do qualifying runs with all other competitors on pit lane during that time. Each driver gets 2 warm up laps, followed by 4 flying laps, before coming into pit lane. If a driver crashes during their attempt or waves off their attempt, they will not be given a second chance to qualify for the event. The order in which qualifying attempts will be made will be determined by points standings.
3.2.3. Competitors that are not in the lobby by the start of qualifying will not be permitted to set a time and will start at the rear of the field.
3.2.4. Competitors that miss qualifying entirely, unless given a waiver by the series organizer, will not be permitted to start the race.
3.3. Once qualifying has concluded, the race will proceed, with a manual formation lap to get the field lined up properly.
3.3.1. For road course events, the field will remain single file until they reach the final sector, in which they will go double file, with pole position and odd numbered starting positions to the inside in relation to turn 1's direction. Pace speed will be 62 miles per hour/100 kilometers per hour. The race will go green at the game's discretion.
3.3.2. For oval events at Texas, the field will go double file on the back stretch, with pole and odd numbered positions to the left, even numbered on the right. The race will go green at the game's discretion.
3.3.3. For the Indianapolis 500, the race will feature 4 pace laps, with the field lining up three abreast on the back stretch for the third pace lap. The first formation lap will be run at 75 miles per hour, the second lap will be run at 85 miles per hour, the third lap will be run at 95 miles per hour, and the fourth lap will be run at 105 miles per hour. The race will go green at the pole sitter's discretion exiting turn 4 at the end of the fourth formation lap.
3.3.4. Tire warming will not be allowed once the field begins to go two or three abreast. Each instance of tire warming will be met with a 1 lap penalty. Drivers that give other drivers damage through tire warming or brake testing will be disqualified and given a one race suspension.
3.3.5. Cars that are damaged on the formation lap will pull out of line, drop to the rear, and enter pit lane for repairs. They may not pass the field at any time to go to pit lane.
3.3.6. Competitors that disconnect on a formation lap will be listed as a DNS, or Did Not Start, and will receive no points.
4.1. Safety car periods, or cautions, will be used for when two or more drivers are involved in a serious incident resulting in serious damage, the retirement of a competitor from the race, or a substantial amount debris on the racing line.
4.1.1. In certain instances, cautions can be called for a single car incident if the incident has also resulted in the retirement of the competitor or substantial debris on the racing surface.
4.2. Drivers must call cautions on their own volition, and must be honest when calling out cautions. Drivers that wrongly call out a caution will be disqualified and handed a two race suspension for deliberately altering the race.
4.3. The Safety Car Procedure for oval events and road course events are similar in structure, but different in management.
4.3.1. All Safety Car periods are to last four full laps, in addition to how ever much of the lap the caution was called on. All drivers must slow down to the dictated speeds for that track type once a caution is called.
4.3.1.1. For road course events, the safety car speed is 37 miles per hour/60 kilometers per hour. Drivers are to catch up to the leader and then engage the pit limiter to hold that speed.
4.3.1.2. For oval events, the safety car speed is 50 miles per hour/80 kilometers per hour.
4.3.1.3. Once a caution is called, drivers are directed to safely decelerate to safety car speeds, instead of hitting the brakes and causing secondary accidents.
4.3.2. Pit lane accessibility becomes limited once a caution is called to allow everyone ample time to pit with drivers they are competing with.
4.3.2.1. Pit lane is to close immediately after the caution is called. Drivers that pit before the pit lane is opened back up must restart from the rear of the field.
4.3.2.2. Pit lane will open to the lead lap cars after they have started the first full lap of caution. Lapped cars may enter the pit lane for service on the second full caution lap.
4.3.2.3. Lapped cars that do not pit during the caution at all are allowed to speed up to catch back up to the end of the field after the start of the third full caution lap.
4.3.2.4. The pits will close again once the fourth and final full caution lap begins. Drivers that entered the pit lane while pits were closed will pull off of the racing line and move to the back of the field.
4.3.3. Restarts after a caution will be single file, with the leader directed to accelerate at the exit of the last corner of the track coming to the start/finish line.
4.4. Cars that suffer an engine failure or run out of fuel will be advised to pull off of the racing surface and out of the way of other competitors so a caution will not be necessary. Cars attempting to make it back to pit lane under these conditions will need to be off of the racing line and out of the way of lead lap traffic.
4.5. Caution durations are a fixed distance. If a caution is to come out with 5 laps or less remaining of a race, that race will end under caution.
5.1. With damage being set to completely enabled, there is a very real possibility drivers will find themselves unable to continue the race. If drivers find themselves fitting the following descriptions, they must retire from the race.
5.1.1. Loss of a rear wheel.
5.1.2. Engine failure.
5.1.3. Running out of fuel and being unable to make it back to their pit stall to refuel.
5.1.4. Being flipped upside down or otherwise stuck and unable to move.
1st: 30
2nd: 25
3rd: 22
4th: 20
5th: 18
6th: 16
7th: 14
8th: 12
9th: 10
10th: 8
11th: 6
12th: 5
13th: 4
14th: 3
15th: 2
16th: 1
Pole Position: 2 pt.

Use this link to join VRR's public Discord server.
Follow us on Twitter @VRRYouTube. Team accounts get follows back.

Last edited:
Pole Sitters
Texas 300: #19: RacingAtHome
Long Beach: #5: The_Eh_Team_43
Indy 500: #22: GTP_GTRacer22
Road America: #5: The_Eh_Team_43
Watkins Glen: #11: GTP_Crim
Texas 300km Race 1: #22: GTP_GTRacer22
Texas 300km Race 2: #14: WeatherSystems
Daytona RC: #5: The_Eh_Team_43
Sugo: #11: GTP_Crim
Laguna Seca:
Podium Finishers
Texas 300: 1st) #14: WeatherSystems 2nd) #7: BRRT_Angel 3rd) #10: nascarfan1400
Long Beach: 1st) #12: kross_24 2nd) #5: The_Eh_Team_43 3rd) #14: WeatherSystems
Indy 500: 1st) #5: The_Eh_Team_43 2nd) WeatherSystems 3rd) #19: RacingAtHome
Road America: 1st) #10: nascarfan1400 2nd) #5: The_Eh_Team_43 3rd) #7: BRRT_Angel
Watkins Glen: 1st) #22: GTP_GTRacer22 2nd) #19: RacingAtHome 3rd) #11: GTP_Crim
Texas 300km Race 1: 1st) #5: The_Eh_Team_43 2nd) #10: nascarfan1400 3rd) #19: RacingAtHome
Texas 300km Race 2: 1st) #10: nascarfan1400 2nd) #14: WeatherSystems 3rd) #22: GTP_GTRacer22
Daytona RC: 1st) #5: The_Eh_Team_43 2nd) #12: kross_24 3rd) #14: WeatherSystems
Sugo: 1st) #19: RacingAtHome 2nd) #5: The_Eh_Team_43 3rd) #10: nascarfan1400
Laguna Seca: 1st) 2nd) 3rd)

As of the Mello Yello Indy 300
1st: WeatherSystems/30 pts.
2nd: BRRT_Angel/25 pts.
3rd: nascarfan1400/22 pts.
4th: The_Eh_Team_43/20 pts.
5th: RacingAtHome/20 pts.
6th: GTP_RACECAR/16 pts.
7th: OR-DIDACT/14 pts.
8th: kross_24/12 pts.
9th: GTP_Crim/10 pts.
10th: GTP_GTRacer22/8 pts.
1st: Genki Racing Project/30 pts.
2nd: Black Rose Racing/25 pts.
3rd: Razgriz Racing/22 pts.
4th: CTR Motorsports/20 pts.
5th: Wilson Racing/20 pts.
6th: Cat Devil Racing/16 pts.
7th: TBD/14 pts.
8th: LTM Motorsport/12 pts.
9th: Scuderia Rabia Furiosa/10 pts.
10th: Okuma Motorsports/8 pts.
1st: Honda/55 pts.
2nd: Chevrolet/36 pts.

NOTE: Top two finishers per race count towards this championship.

Last edited:
Sorry for double posting, but I have a room open for some small test races.

2 to 7 australian time
The timeslot I'm looking at the most would likely be out of your range. Estimated start time in GMT -5 is 1:00 to 5:00 p.m, which for you would be about 3-7 a.m.

Last edited:
Signed up for IndyCar with the #9 for Black Rose Racing. Please note that my ability to commit to this championship is not determined at this time. Between university studies and possibly getting a part-time job between now and then I simply do not know what my schedule will look like.

Last edited:
I suppose I should say not all of my Saturdays are available for sure until the 28th which is my first for sure availability. After that whether this is weekly or bi-weekly I should be good to go.

As probably noticed by the title of the thread now, this thread is now the hub for all of VRR's Project CARS 2 activity.

Adjusted the calendar for the Mobil 1 Sprint Series. It won't begin until after the beginning of the new year. Also put down the provisional list of locations for the Endurance Championship, which will take place after the IndyCar Series has concluded its first season. Currently five drivers have reserved entries for the IndyCar Series, which is promising.

I'm interested in the GT3 Sprint Series but at the moment I have to leave for work at 3:30 EST so it's best to start at 2pm the latest. Figure 60 minutes for the two races plus 20 minutes for two 10 minute qualifying sessions and 10 minutes for loading/random issues.

I'm interested in the GT3 Sprint Series but at the moment I have to leave for work at 3:30 EST so it's best to start at 2pm the latest. Figure 60 minutes for the two races plus 20 minutes for two 10 minute qualifying sessions and 10 minutes for loading/random issues.
Will keep that in mind and hopefully have a definite time slot on that series soon.

I really want to try my hand at making a series myself but I know there's so much involved with organizing and that's not for me. I just want to set up regulations y'know? I have some big ideas. BIG. IDEAS.

What time would these races be?

Anything after 10/11pm would be fine by me.
Lobby opens for qualifying about 4:30 p.m. Eastern US time. Race start would be after 5 p.m.

Back