Vulcan - A new Aston Martin supercar

I'm actually bit disappointed. I expected more evolution, considering that this sort of is their halo car, similar to FXX etc.. But, that said; 10/10, would hoon. :D

Thirdly, i said "Would you care to explain the reasons?" and you either noticed that they aren't so much alike and are trying to defend your statement loosely, or you don't care enough to explain why they look so similar.
You're right! I really don't care enough to explain why i think they look so similar... I feel the Hot wheel pic i posted, does a fine job of that already... I feel no need to elaborate.

086-2-lg.jpg

VuI_01-newshero.jpg

VuI_01-news2.jpg

VuI_01-news3.jpg

I also think it looks like this:

Italdesign Giugiaro Brivido

Italdesign-Giugiaro-Brivido-concept-placement-new3.jpg

c4a546eb9619bedcf7cc369765c00e58.jpg

:yuck:

I don't really care whether anybody (you included) agrees with me, or not. I'm just merely expressing my opinion...

And in my opinion, the Vulcan looks really ugly, especially when compared to the beautiful DB10. ;)

Last edited:
Could just be me, but this seems like just a race version of this:

DBten-web-news.jpg

The overall silhouette (mostly the roofline) and the Front just look abit similar. Of course its not gonna look exactly like it since its a full fledged track car, but it looks extremely similar.

I disagree with it being an overall silhouette. The rear haunches are completely different, in my eyes. Roofline's not too dissimilar though.

You're right! I really don't care enough to explain why i think they look so similar... I feel the Hot wheel pic i posted, does a fine job of that already... I feel no need to elaborate.

086-2-lg.jpg

VuI_01-newshero.jpg

VuI_01-news2.jpg

VuI_01-news3.jpg

I also think it looks like this:

Italdesign Giugiaro Brivido

Italdesign-Giugiaro-Brivido-concept-placement-new3.jpg

c4a546eb9619bedcf7cc369765c00e58.jpg

:yuck:

I don't really care whether anybody (you included) agrees with me, or not. I'm just merely expressing my opinion...

And in my opinion, the Vulcan looks really ugly, especially when compared to the beautiful DB10. ;)

Still not seeing the resemblance between the Vulcan and the Hot Wheels, other than that they're both shades of green, and that you could MAYBE see some similarities in the roofline if you were looking at them both through misty glass. In a rainstorm. In the middle of night. Whilst wearing a blindfold.

Still not seeing the resemblance between the Vulcan and the Hot Wheels, other than that they're both shades of green, and that you could MAYBE see some similarities in the roofline if you were looking at them both through misty glass. In a rainstorm. In the middle of night. Whilst wearing a blindfold.
I see it differently.

You're arguing with someone that has a wide arch pick up fiat 500 as thier avatar surely that should tell you all you need to know about thier car taste :lol:

You're arguing with someone that has a wide arch pick up fiat 500 as thier avatar surely that should tell you all you need to know about thier car taste :lol:
:lol:

It's not really arguing.. it's just we see things differently.

It's not a pick-up BTW. I didn't get around to finish drawing the rear view of it yet:

Sorry for going off topic @Tornado 👍

I like most of it, but I think the headlamp assemblies look too narrow. But I suppose they don't have to be large if it uses the latest technology in lighting.

Looks quite nice in person... although I still don't dig the front.

16523506019_7865413a1f_z.jpg

I have to agree with you on the "front end" bit, Yui-san. Right now, that's the main issue for these new Astons. Both the DB10 and the Vulcan have front ends that a bit hit-and-miss in my honest opinion. The rest looks great, Aston just needs to create one cohesive and new design language.

I have to agree with you on the "front end" bit, Yui-san. Right now, that's the main issue for these new Astons. Both the DB10 and the Vulcan have front ends that a bit hit-and-miss in my honest opinion. The rest looks great, Aston just needs to create one cohesive and new design language.

I think the problem is the DB9 was so pretty, Aston can't really do anything different that will look as good yet still be unmistakably an Aston Martin.

Throw a set of DB9/Virage esque headlights on the DB10 or Vulcan and I think they'll look better

I think the problem is the DB9 was so pretty, Aston can't really do anything different that will look as good yet still be unmistakably an Aston Martin.

Throw a set of DB9/Virage esque headlights on the DB10 or Vulcan and I think they'll look better

So, it is a problem similar to that found on the Audi R8; because the original design was good to begin with, it is difficult to modify it without complicating (and sometimes ruining) the design. Aston needs to tweak their new design style, while keeping their own image. It will be hard...

I will grant you the front doesn't look overly impressive. I do think maybe this Vulcan could have been an evolved One-77 lookswise. But among today's crop of hypercars, I feel the Vulcan looks a lot better than the Ferrari LaFerrari and the Lamborghini Veneno. Maybe if the Vulcan had something like the One-77's front end, the Vulcan would be beautiful. But I still like this car in looks and performance. At least I'd want to get next to it unlike the other cars I knocked in this post.

We say about putting a 'traditional' Aston front on it. But then it would practically just be the old GT1 car.

Glad they went for such a bold new look.

Back