W.M.A. International Touring Car Championship-Season Wrap-Up!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 2,900 comments
  • 111,187 views

How much horsepower should cars have?

  • 230

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 240

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 250

    Votes: 6 11.5%
  • 260

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • 270

    Votes: 35 67.3%

  • Total voters
    52
Status
Not open for further replies.
anirishnirvana
Hmm, don't know what's harder. Getting the Lancia tuned up to 1:20.5 or the RX-7 down to the same time. Also about the courses, why were none of the night races mentioned (SS route)?

I see these cars on shorter courses. Those like the autumn ring would be great! I'm not sure if you want all the courses to be real, but I think that pretty much all the made up courses would be awesome! Like the deep forest raceway, trail mountain (but the cutting may be a issue) high speed ring I think could be a sweet race.
 
I see these cars on shorter courses. Those like the autumn ring would be great! I'm not sure if you want all the courses to be real, but I think that pretty much all the made up courses would be awesome! Like the deep forest raceway, trail mountain (but the cutting may be a issue) high speed ring I think could be a sweet race.

I thought the SS Routes were fictional. I just thought it might be cool to have a night race, that's all.
 
anirishnirvana
I thought the SS Routes were fictional. I just thought it might be cool to have a night race, that's all.

They are... I think :P

They're kinda long though.

Let me know when someone starts practicing!
 
They are... I think :P

They're kinda long though.

Let me know when someone starts practicing!

Firstly, they're in Tokyo; they're also in PGR4 and Import Tuner Challenge.

Secondly, I'm not sure, but, from what I've seen, in night racing, some people get huge advantages through turning up brightness and switching to my personally preferred camera view; hood view. From cockpit view, many cars are incredibly hard to see out of in night races. However, if we went with a night race, it'd be a huge BONANZA of a last race, 24h Nürburgring race with full weather changeability. Granted, that'd be the last race, so, there's plenty of time to discuss these options. Besides, the day-time tracks have us more than well-covered for the entire season.
 
Well I did some testing with the RX-7 earlier. Had 1225kg, 210 bhp I believe. Well my times were between 1:20.3-1:21.0 generally. Not sure what you think of it
 
anirishnirvana
Well I did some testing with the RX-7 earlier. Had 1225kg, 210 bhp I believe. Well my times were between 1:20.3-1:21.0 generally. Not sure what you think of it

That seemed to be where the cars were yesterday, so that should be good.
 
Well I did some testing with the RX-7 earlier. Had 1225kg, 210 bhp I believe. Well my times were between 1:20.3-1:21.0 generally. Not sure what you think of it

Yeah... Okay, if you run that, we're also going to have to test at a track with a little longer straight, you and I, to see if your RX-7 is fast enough on the straights.

I'm okay with people running way under-spec'd as long as it works for a large majority of tracks. My Honda Civic Type-R '08 runs well around all tracks, that I've seen, so I'm hoping that we can find other cars that all run similar times on similar tracks.
 
Anyways, unless my parents want me to do chores, I'll be on at about 4:30 EST. Apparently, Nirvana, if you're in London, that's 8:30 your time?
 
Hey, a little off topic but I work at my dads hyundai dealership and accents are nice dude;). That's really cool that u autocross in a hyundai accent... btw have you seen the new veloster? You should check it out man its a sick little car.
 
Hey, a little off topic but I work at my dads hyundai dealership and accents are nice dude;). That's really cool that u autocross in a hyundai accent... btw have you seen the new veloster? You should check it out man its a sick little car.

Yeah, I have seen the Veloster. Tell your dad to put a word in about a Hyundai performance division, would ya? We'll call it "H-Division." :dopey:

Anyways, harrison is going to be one of our stewards, apparently.


Because we're going to have more than one steward, I'd like to make clear, that all rulings will be agreed upon by both/all three stewards. I will not allow points deductions etc., unless deserved, documented, explained and agreed upon by all stewards. This ensures that it will all be fair.


Example, let's say that PolarBear (?), Harrison and I see a crash. After reviewing the replay, let's say that I think a penalty is in order, or, a warning, depending on the reaction of the driver, but polarbear and harrison see it more as a racing incident than an intentional crash. We will discuss it, most likely via PSN, and will only consider the incident closed once all three of us agree upon a settlement.
 
So if someone spins someone, if they don't pull over, they get a penalty? If they do they get a warning?
 
So if someone spins someone, if they don't pull over, they get a penalty? If they do they get a warning?

No, not necessarily. I would want to talk to both drivers, and any other drivers involved after the race, review the replay, give warnings immediately etc.

If a driver continually gets enraged, and displays unsportsmanlike behaviour, then he may get a light penalty. Every penalty after that is increasingly stiffer, until the third or fifth, when that person is fully and completely ejected from the series.

So, for example, let's say fifteenth place and sixteenth place hit each other. The guy in fifteenth (A) is spun by sixteenth (B.) During the race, B may choose to stop, (holding the brakes) and say sorry, say sorry while in the pits, and drive at a reduced pace to allow A to pass for A's original position, or may choose to politely speak it through after the race. However, if A feels (s)he's been horribly wronged, and doesn't think it was his/her fault, then A may tell the stewards to look into it, and the stewards will reach an agreement, and further speak with both drivers.

However, the idea of stopping on the track is only okay if it proves to be safe, and doesn't interfere with the flow of a race. Example, if that same situation (B spins A) happened while A was leading, and B was in second place, I would expect the apology during pitting, or after the race.
 
I think I may hop on now, anyone want to join me?
 
I think I may hop on now, anyone want to join me?

Sorry, twenty minutes 'til my WTCC race.

Also, I made a group on Facebook, so that we can have unlimited photo storage, to go pretty epic on the Event planning/OP side of things. Unlimited photos, and each one gets its own URL! It means posting images with FB URLs is now simple.

412636_174597412667476_100003516552869_247464_1596151076_o.jpg


See?
YUP.
 
Last edited:
Sorry I had to leave... Apparently I can't play games after 10... NO ONE EVER TOLD ME THIS RULE!!!
 
Sorry I had to leave... Apparently I can't play games after 10... NO ONE EVER TOLD ME THIS RULE!!!

Ooops, sorry. My mom came home with a pita. I love being 18. Old enough to drive around and toot about, but, young enough to have an awesome family.

Anyways, turns out, the girl at the "Pita Pit" might have a crush on me, and, I'll admit, too, that she's VERY pretty.

It's only relevant because my family and I were eating our pitas and discussing the girl, while you were testing. Then, THE VERY SECOND I CAME BACK, YOU LEFT.:indiff:
 
MrMelancholy15
Ooops, sorry. My mom came home with a pita. I love being 18. Old enough to drive around and toot about, but, young enough to have an awesome family.

Anyways, turns out, the girl at the "Pita Pit" might have a crush on me, and, I'll admit, too, that she's VERY pretty.

It's only relevant because my family and I were eating our pitas and discussing the girl, while you were testing. Then, THE VERY SECOND I CAME BACK, YOU LEFT.:indiff:

Ugh! Ohhhh well. It was getting late, my mom had a party and the people didn't leave until ATLEAST 1:30 last night.... She had the "flu" all day... So I thought I'd fall right asleep... But I'm here! And is that ruf you were talking about the one from '96? And I think that the cape ring inside was a crazy fun track in these cars! The flowing turns that are flat out were crazy fun!
 
Ugh! Ohhhh well. It was getting late, my mom had a party and the people didn't leave until ATLEAST 1:30 last night.... She had the "flu" all day... So I thought I'd fall right asleep... But I'm here! And is that ruf you were talking about the one from '96? And I think that the cape ring inside was a crazy fun track in these cars! The flowing turns that are flat out were crazy fun!

Agree with all of it. The cars are all *VERY* evenly matched. They're all running 0:54.3s. Including the RUF 3400S, the Boxster.

So, I'm happy. I'd like to thank you guys again for the loyalty, generosity and helpfulness. Honestly, you, damu, Seth & Harrison are the guys I enjoy racing with the most. I would mention Storm now, but, nah, he's not here.

Finally, I'd like some help with spreadsheets please! I'm getting close with the specs of the cars. I'd like to organize ALL the specs in a simple spreadsheet. Could anyone teach me??

Also, I'm going to set a car request deadline. If there's a car you want, that we haven't mentioned, the last day will be June 15th. THIS IS ALMOST A MONTH AWAY. You have plenty of time. After this date, the car list will be finalized.
 
MrMelancholy15
Agree with all of it. The cars are all *VERY* evenly matched. They're all running 0:54.3s. Including the RUF 3400S, the Boxster.

So, I'm happy. I'd like to thank you guys again for the loyalty, generosity and helpfulness. Honestly, you, damu, Seth & Harrison are the guys I enjoy racing with the most. I would mention Storm now, but, nah, he's not here.

Finally, I'd like some help with spreadsheets please! I'm getting close with the specs of the cars. I'd like to organize ALL the specs in a simple spreadsheet. Could anyone teach me??

Also, I'm going to set a car request deadline. If there's a car you want, that we haven't mentioned, the last day will be June 15th. THIS IS ALMOST A MONTH AWAY. You have plenty of time. After this date, the car list will be finalized.

Microsoft excel would be a solid bet, then just do a screen shot in power point and upload the picture and put it on here (not sure if the screen shot will work, that's what we did in entrepreneurship class) and I'm in for that mini probably! Gotta see if I can make those tires last longer than a lap! Lol! Gotta figure out how to not leave half the tires in each turn!
 
Microsoft excel would be a solid bet, then just do a screen shot in power point and upload the picture and put it on here (not sure if the screen shot will work, that's what we did in entrepreneurship class) and I'm in for that mini probably! Gotta see if I can make those tires last longer than a lap! Lol! Gotta figure out how to not leave half the tires in each turn!

Longer than half a lap's a start. ;P But, yeah man, any free Microsoft Excel options?? I don't know if it's available on my computer. My mom studied to be a secretary, so she has a lot of Microsoft stuff. I'm on PS3 web browser though.
 
MrMelancholy15
Longer than half a lap's a start. ;P But, yeah man, any free Microsoft Excel options?? I don't know if it's available on my computer. My mom studied to be a secretary, so she has a lot of Microsoft stuff. I'm on PS3 web browser though.

Ahh, I think that you can use google documents, but those can get confusing. If you have a laptop I think you can get power point or whatever you can use for slide shows (what do you use for school work? Pc or mac?) I don't have a mac, but nothing a trip to google can't fix!
 
Ahh, I think that you can use google documents, but those can get confusing. If you have a laptop I think you can get power point or whatever you can use for slide shows (what do you use for school work? Pc or mac?) I don't have a mac, but nothing a trip to google can't fix!

Windows... At least it's Windows 7.


I'll probably use google documents then though. BTW, site maintenance in ~20 minutes. Therefore, I'll do some google docs stuff and some FB group stuff while it's down.
 
Final thing: 51 cars are available as of now. The OP is outdated, and I'm currently working on a google document with all the cars, specs, and I'm uploading photos of each and every car in spec to a Facebook group at this URL: GTPlanet ITCC photo album group
 
MrMelancholy15
Final thing: 51 cars are available as of now. The OP is outdated, and I'm currently working on a google document with all the cars, specs, and I'm uploading photos of each and every car in spec to a Facebook group at this URL: GTPlanet ITCC photo album group

Cool! I just requested to join. I'm not a big Facebook user... Never really got it! But this will be kinda cool!

And with 51 cars... If you CAN'T find a car... Well... ... ... Yea....
 
Cool! I just requested to join. I'm not a big Facebook user... Never really got it! But this will be kinda cool!

And with 51 cars... If you CAN'T find a car... Well... ... ... Yea....

Then, you've got 'til June 15th to find a better car. :) 4 minutes.


Also, I accepted you to the group. :)
 
MrMelancholy15
Then, you've got 'til June 15th to find a better car. :) 4 minutes.

Also, I accepted you to the group. :)

I saw that! And really it's the mini or the civic, more than likely the mini! I like it too much!
 
I saw that! And really it's the mini or the civic, more than likely the mini! I like it too much!

See? 51 cars... Everyone's favourite car will be in there somewhere, unless their favourite car's ridiculously fast. (explanation: in no way will a Red Bull car be allowed.) :)
 
MrMelancholy15
See? 51 cars... Everyone's favourite car will be in there somewhere, unless their favourite car's ridiculously fast. (explanation: in no way will a Red Bull car be allowed.) :)

You stole the words from my mouth!
 
You stole the words from my mouth!

Okay, after a good night's work, the OP is updated! We're really going places here.

Next steps: logo & "complete" car list.


My logo idea: a couple cars racing with ITCC watermarked on in red "Syncopate" font, the font I'm using for the forms and things. Then, along the top of the logo, we have the GTPlanet Logo, with a couple of flags underneath and International Touring Car Championship along it as well. Who likes how that sounds?
 
I'd like to sign up. There are a couple of cars that I would like to run. Mostly because I've had these cars in real life. Let me know which ones are likely out of the question and I can start tuning. Here is my list in the order I would want to race with the most.

Dodge - SRT4
Subaru - WRX 2005 not sure which version in game but the one with 2005 headlights.
Acura - RSX Type S
Honda - Civic Type R hatchback version
Infiniti - G37 (I have a G35 but its not in the game)

I'm really liking this series format. Most of the series on here are for cars that I will most likely never own. This one gives me a lot of nostalgia.

One last thing. What tracks are you guys testing on?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back