Wallbanger's 2nd Annual FF Summer Shootout

There's no way I can complete all of Group A by then. It takes me too long to load the cars. Sorry.
No no no...:odd:
While I'm sure everyone would love for you to give the class A cars the same sort of thorough testing you did class B, I'm using the currently completed testing to set up the finals.
There will be 6 cars from Class A in the finals and 8 cars from Class B in the finals.
Again testers will only need to test one group for their results to count in determining the overall winners of each class. Testing 6-8 cars over 4 and a half days or so shouldn't be to big an issue for people...at least I'm hoping so.:drool:

As I told Onboy, I'm going to go ahead and test Class B as well but that will just be to give people my feedback on the cars and won't be completed prior to the finals.

I have no problem testing the finalists. But it took me almost two weeks of 4 to 8 hours a day to test Group B. Mainly that time is loading the car, usually 1/2hr to 6 hours to load a single car, averaging about two and a half hours each.

I'll start Group A now and see how many I can get done today. Now that I am familiar with both tracks it should be easier. I'll load each car once, test it at both tracks then load the next. The times will not be as consistent but I might get it done.

Oh boy, here I go:

Harveys: "Pocket Monster Type R":
Tescana: 2:00.746
LSeca: 1:46.310

Krenkm: 'rana clamotans':
Tescana: 2:01.962
LSeca: 1:51.004

Done for the day, 10am to 2pm, all I did was load and test. And I only got two cars done. Now for family and work.

C-Zeta: Yaris:
Tescana:
LSeca: 1:50.131

Diogo G.: Cuore:
Tescana:
LSeca:

Moparisgod: Panda Super:
Tescana:
LSeca:

ACSR421: Copen "D.T.":
Tescana:
LSeca:

Trackripper123: Copen Active Top: Tescana:
LSeca:

Newdriver2: BE-1 '87:
Tescana:
LSeca:

LineR32:

Last edited:
I live out in the country. Lots of hills and farmland for as far as the eye can see. I have a dish connection that sits about less than 1° off of my southern horizon. And I live in Oregon, we don't get 'clear skies', we're lucky to get 'sun breaks'.

I load GT5. Click on PROFILE, wait for 15+ minutes for all the avatar pictures to load, click on the correct avatar (if I click the avatar before they all load I run a high risk of locking up and restarting), wait 15+ minutes for the garage to appear, click in the car, wait... load car, wait... exit profile and go through all the screen to get to behind the wheel, and every screen takes 10* longer because it's always checking something online.

I live out in the country. Lots of hills and farmland for as far as the eye can see. I have a dish connection that sits about less than 1° off of my southern horizon. And I live in Oregon, we don't get 'clear skies', we're lucky to get 'sun breaks'.

I load GT5. Click on PROFILE, wait for 15+ minutes for all the avatar pictures to load, click on the correct avatar (if I click the avatar before they all load I run a high risk of locking up and restarting), wait 15+ minutes for the garage to appear, click in the car, wait... load car, wait... exit profile and go through all the screen to get to behind the wheel, and every screen takes 10* longer because it's always checking something online.

Ouch, I feel for you. :( And here I thought a 2 min wait for the profiles to load was bad...

Ronald6

You and Harvey need to move to a better state it seems :dopey:
Just kidding, Oregon is a beautiful state :cheers:

You and Harvey need to move to a better state it seems :dopey:
Just kidding, Oregon is a beautiful state :cheers:
Hey I plan on getting a sailboat one of these years and moving to MargarittaVille!:D
Love Oregon but 70-80 degree weather and blue sky 90% of the year would make my joints much happier.:cheers:

Whats seriously f'd up is that families farther up the hill from where I live have hardlines through Verizon.

XDesperado67
Hey I plan on getting a sailboat one of these years and moving to MargarittaVille!:D
Love Oregon but 70-80 degree weather and blue sky 90% of the year would make my joints much happier.:cheers:

Hey, we got blue skys in Wisconsin right now .... an 98° :yuck:

krenkme
Hey, we got blue skys in Wisconsin right now .... an 98° :yuck:

But can you connect quickly? You're indoors! Who cares what the temp is.

I'd live in 29 palms again if it allowed me to connect quickly. It was 127° the day I stepped off the plane.

Edit: On second thought, 29 palms, again? Not only no, Hell No!

Last edited:
Ronald6

It was ahard time for you to hive us this good feed back thanks Ronald for your time you are the man .

Thank you Newdriver2, and all tuners here. I'm not trying to complain (maybe blow off some steam), really.

But for the past two weeks (or more?) I've spent less than one hour, before yesterday, on anything else besides the Shootout. I just need a break from sitting and waiting, lol. My sit time/wheel time was about 20/1. At least 20 minutes of waiting per minute driving.

I've already started on the Group A. But I plan to take at least 1/2 an hour a day and set it aside for just me, my 'blade (:cough: really ACSRs'), and a track.

Ronald6
But can you connect quickly? You're indoors! Who cares what the temp is.

I'd live in 29 palms again if it allowed me to connect quickly. It was 127° the day I stepped off the plane.

Edit: On second thought, 29 palms, again? Not only no, Hell No!

Ronald6
Thank you Newdriver2, and all tuners here. I'm not trying to complain (maybe blow off some steam), really.

But for the past two weeks (or more?) I've spent less than one hour, before yesterday, on anything else besides the Shootout. I just need a break from sitting and waiting, lol. My sit time/wheel time was about 20/1. At least 20 minutes of waiting per minute driving.

I've already started on the Group A. But I plan to take at least 1/2 an hour a day and set it aside for just me, my 'blade (:cough: really ACSRs'), and a track.

Not complaining about the heat, just irked. When people think of Wisconsin, they think "Frozen Tundra", not 98° and humid :lol:

Don't make this game a job, it is meant to be enjoyed in all its forms. Some/most have had burn out from this game, just sit back and have FUN!!!!! :dopey:

Ronald6

Would it help for us to build Cars for Ronald and just send him a copy? Might not be able to do that with all cars, but most? If we have someone who likes to test, let's make it easier on him.

OMG! That would rock! It would save me alot (days, not just hours) of time. And I could batch accept!

As soon as I get a chance on the TV tonight I will do this. Had considered it earlier but had commitments to my trade, which I really wish they would bump up some.

As Newdriver already said, thanks very much for such a Herculean effort Ronald! :cheers:

DigitalBaka
As soon as I get a chance on the TV tonight I will do this. Had considered it earlier but had commitments to my trade, which I really wish they would bump up some.

As Newdriver already said, thanks very much for such a Herculean effort Ronald! :cheers:

Yep. If I don't have the car I entered to send to you, you'll get something else for sure :dopey:

Thanks, I love doing it. This will make it so much easier and more enjoyable.

As I've said before I've never had so much fun and learned so much in such short a time, due to the plethora of distinctive tunes that are in a single style/class, and having to adapt myself to them in order to get the most from each tune.

I would love to continue to test for all of you, within a year I would learn and improve tremendously. And have fun doing it. (Here I come GTA'13!)

I can't wait to try the '86's y'all are parking track side. Keep their engines warm, I'll be there shortly.

Last edited:
Let's coordinate the Ronald special borrow. Is there anyone else testing? Can I take my car off share and send it to him? I can build others from the standard list. Let's try not to duplicate.

Ronald - I won't have time to break cars in if they need 200 miles. I am willing to build cars for you for challenges (have money, just no time) if you can b-spec them to get them broken in?

Last edited:
@Hamilton: no problem, I'll Bob them.

Sending all of A 405PP Group 2 to Ronald. Already reached my trade limit today so was only able to send one car so far. Other four group 2 cars will be sent at next game refresh.

Trackripper123 - Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 - will require 200 mile break in
ACSR 421 - Daihatsu Copen DT. '02
Newdriver2 - Nissan BE-1
LineR32 - Nissan PAO '89
Motor City Tunes - Suzuki POS

I added all parts listed in the tunes and adjusted the tuning settings. Please double check all settings. I cannot duplicate 405PP with listed settings on ACSR421's car. I added a mid turbo and got 404PP. Might want to check with him on parts added. He is short something in his listing.

Enjoy the cars. Thanks for testing.

If others don't beat me to it first, I will send another group of cars on Wednesday night.

Last edited:
I can send my Class A car to Ronald when I get off work this evening.

Just how many PS3's do you have Hami???

Okay everyone Round 1 Results are posted.

The Tunes listed in bold are the ones going to the Final Round from each group.👍👍

Great job everyone these were all fantastic cars in their own ways.:cheers:

XDesperado67
Okay everyone Round 1 Results are posted.

Umm... so, I don't need to test?

( Edit: @Harvey: nvrmnd. I reread your first post on page 25.)

I'm going to finish anyway. With the sending of the cars I can't stop.

Do y'all want the cars back after I'm done? I'm assuming: yes. Lol.

Umm... so, I don't need to test?
I'm going to finish anyway. With the sending of the cars I can't stop.

Do y'all want the cars back after I'm done? I'm assuming: yes.
That's what I tried to tell you before.:odd:
We'd all love to see your results and feedback on Class A but I needed this to move on to the Final Round and its conclusion.👍👍

On that note...Those Tuners who's entries made the Final Round you have roughly 48hours to make any desired changes/tweaks to your tunes for the tracks and submit those updates.
I'll start taking applications for Test Drivers now but you won't be able to start testing until Thursday (my time).

Wow…so by some magic/luck, I got in…

…one thing, remind me, when's the final tune deadline for 2nd round? I'm off to Taiwan for 3 days, won't be back till Friday. To make things worse, GT5's confiscated because I'm too good at it in comparison to my school grades, so until I level things out with the parents, I'm pretty much off for the rest of the week.

Oh dear…Ehh…blind guess tuning? :lol:

Wow…so by some magic/luck, I got in…

…one thing, remind me, when's the final tune deadline for 2nd round? I'm off to Taiwan for 3 days, won't be back till Friday. To make things worse, GT5's confiscated because I'm too good at it in comparison to my school grades, so until I level things out with the parents, I'm pretty much off for the rest of the week.

Oh dear…Ehh…blind guess tuning? :lol:
Sorry to hear that and yeah blind guess tuning it looks like as there is only about 47hours until updated tunes are due.:drool:

Back