Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun"(Final Round Underway)

Okay I have Shmogt's Veyron on share now.:D

Unfortunately I didn't have one in the same color scheme as his photo so don't hold the Chameleon Green paintjob I gave it against him.:lol: (It was a truly hideous light brown and off gray combo before I painted it:yuck::ill:)

I'll post my tune either later this afternoon or early tomorrow after I get off work. Isabella my Queen of Detroit iron is getting the heated leather seats and 1,000 watt sound system installed now then it's off to the photographers before pulling into the paddocks in London.:D

Despite some of my early missgivings about her I think she'll be a nicely rounded addition to this Blowout.👍👍

Maserati GranTurismo S '08
680hp, 1890kg, 550PP

6438389309_7325c0a44f_z.jpg

I chose the Maserati on it's pure looks, uniqueness and driveability. This competition was listed as a challenge between heavy, luxurious Gran Touring cars. Although Verons qualify on weight, they are not as good looking, luxurious or fun to drive as this Maserati. I kept the looks of this car as stock as possible: factory paint, factory rims and no ugly fat tuner wings hanging off the trunk. The photo for this competion was taken in the car's home country. I could just see this car being driven through the rolling hills of Tuscany's wine country.

The tune: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6273737#post6273737

Last edited:
Okay just linked Motor City Hami's tune which means Group C has all tunes submitted.👍👍

Any Test Drivers who have signed up to test Group C can start their testing now if they want.:D

Still looking to get some more Test Drivers here folks. We want to give all these great cars a thorough workout so remember you need only commit to testing one group of 6 cars for this round!:gtpflag:

XDesperado67
Okay just linked Motor City Hami's tune which means Group C has all tunes submitted.👍👍

Any Test Drivers who have signed up to test Group C can start their testing now if they want.:D

Still looking to get some more Test Drivers here folks. We want to give all these great cars a thorough workout so remember you need only commit to testing one group of 6 cars for this round!:gtpflag:

I think no one wants to drive my Datsun :( :dopey:

I've been away from my GT5 for awhile so I'll test group C to get back in the swing of things, with some HEAVY METAL!!!

-XDesperado67, do you need me to send you a PM, or is this good 'nuff?

I've been away from my GT5 for awhile so I'll test group C to get back in the swing of things, with some HEAVY METAL!!!

-XDesperado67, do you need me to send you a PM, or is this good 'nuff?
Added you to the Test Driver list.👍👍

Of course you may want to add another Group or two when you see the last few tunes get posted!:lol:

:sly::cool::bowdown::gtpflag:

Also have just about 24 hours left for those tuners who haven't posted their tunes and photos to do so. (And yes I'm one of the tuners still needing to get my act together.:lol:)

Maserati GranTurismo S '08
680hp, 1980kg, 546PP

Having trouble linking my photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14624743@N06/6438389309/sizes/l/in/photostream/

I chose the Maserati on it's pure looks, uniqueness and driveability. This competition was listed as a challenge between heavy, luxurious Gran Touring cars. Although Verons qualify on weight, they are not as good looking, luxurious or fun to drive as this Maserati. I kept the looks of this car as stock as possible: factory paint, factory rims and no ugly fat tuner wings hanging off the trunk. The photo for this competion was taken in the car's home country. I could just see this car being driven through the rolling hills of Tuscany's wine country.

The tune: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6273737#post6273737

Just copy the url link in the picture below when you quote this post for the picture.

👍

Tune for "Isabella" is now posted and the Queen should be on share.:bowdown::gtpflag:

Hope she doesn't disappoint anyone. Feel I've got it handling pretty good but showing a light touch on the throttle is still required through the last few turns of London as the curbs and torque can combine to induce wheelspin that will induce oversteer.

Well here is my revised tune for the second part of the contest. Tuning for GP/D offered some challenges as I've always found it an understeer track and it's tough to find a good balance of grip to the front and rear.

At GP/D you can't really push the car too hard, as it'll have a tendency to just push out in corners. Smooth is definitely fast here. Track through the corners and get the power down early. She's a little squirrely in the warm up lap so try to hold off judgment until the tires are fully warmed up. Good laps should get you into the 1:27's

At Madrid the surface offers a bit more grip but it's all hard accel and hard braking there. Make sure you get some good reference points on the track in the form of road markings or shadows to get your braking points. Getting slowed to the right speed is the key here to getting around the corners smoothly. At the crest of the backstretch you'll get airborne so make sure you're pointed in the right direction so you won't have to lift. I found I got the best launch in the final hairpin onto the frontstraight by hugging the guardrails in this double apex corner. Good laps here are well into the 46's.

circuitodemadridmini3d.jpg
2nd Round Photo Entry - In action on the streets of Madrid​

2009 Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro From NCD
898 hp, 1660kgs, 629pp, SS tires.

Transmission:

Top Speed: 390 km/h 300 Km/h
Final Gear Ratio: 3.462
1st- 3.36 3.779
2nd- 2.23 2.711
3rd- 1.65 2.070
4th- 1.29 1.674
5th- 1.09 1.395
6th- .93 1.186

Full Aero
No Chassis Reinforcement or Weight Reduction
All other available upgrades.
Ballast 40kgs @ 50
Power Limiter- 100%

LSD Front 10/17/5 8/35/9 Rear 10/45/5 8/35/15
Ride Height -5/-15 -15/-20
Springs 13.3/12.6 12.2/10.2
Extension Damper 7/8 5/5
Compression Damper 6/5 4/4
ARB's 5/6 2/5

Camber 1.6/0.9 1.5/1.3
Toe -0.15/0.0 -.10/+.09
Brake Balance 4/6 5/6
Torque Split 35/65 40/60

She's on share as of this posting. Good luck and thanks to everyone who test drives the car.

Last edited:
^ nice I was wondering if anyone was going to enter one of these. I raced with this car a lot recently and beat lots of race cars with it. Those are really fast times too.

I have a quick scoresheet update. I have been busy at work again, but was able to catch up on the scoresheet setup a bit. I will send Harvey the link so he can add to the first page.

We currently have exactly 5 drivers for each of the four complete groups of 6. Thank you all for volunteering. 👍👍

Unless I missed a post, DB is the only one who volunteered to help keep score, so I have given him 'edit' permissions on the score sheet. 👍👍

I still have to add the rest of the tuners' entries and finish the formulas, which I will do tomorrow while I am should be working :dopey:. After that, I will be on vacation at Disney World for the next week. :mickey:

Sorry I can't help test, but hopefully my scoresheet contribution helps the cause. Also sorry about my car entry (to be posted soon) :yuck:. I hope my driver's choice score at DB's shootout gives you hope that the car is not too bad to drive. :crazy:

Edit: I will post my car tomorrow. It is getting too late here tonight. Funny story though...while copying the settings, I realized I left the carbon drive shaft off the car. I put it on in the garage, but then I thought that I should test it just in case, and sure enough, too much wheelspin. :crazy:

Last edited:
Mine is about 95% done (if you're a programmer you know that's about as "done" as it will bever be... :D) and has gone through the photo wringer. It is going through final break-in now with Bob and company and I should have plenty of time tomorrow to post it here once I make sure Bob didn't scratch my paint or blow a head gasket. :scared:

Thanks to everyone who has been clearly marking their entries for the photo comp and those that have PM'd them to me as well. 👍 I will be downloading and hosting all of the entries in my own account for the separate polls so even if you are unable to get it online for whatever reason you can still get it to me by email. PM me if you need to do so and we'll work it out.

My prediction: London will not be won by the highest horsepower car.
You obviously haven't tried my Veyron there yet lol. Seriously tho your right London is the up in the air course since there isn't much room to unleash all the power.

Pffft, I'm not so sure. I ran a Veyron (stock power & weight, with midly tuned suspension) and it was quicker than my Jag by a good margin. Our Schmo is a dragger, so if he's got 1st-4th gear dialed in, we could all be in a lot of trouble. 4WD really helps to drag that fat beast around. I anticipate that all the 4WD entries will cause problems for the 2WD guys, much like the 600PP Indy Event. It took a special build from ACSR421 to contend with them.

We'll see though, I'm always happy to be proved wrong...

{Cy}

Pffft, I'm not so sure. I ran a Veyron (stock power & weight, with midly tuned suspension) and it was quicker than my Jag by a good margin. Our Schmo is a dragger, so if he's got 1st-4th gear dialed in, we could all be in a lot of trouble. 4WD really helps to drag that fat beast around. I anticipate that all the 4WD entries will cause problems for the 2WD guys, much like the 600PP Indy Event. It took a special build from ACSR421 to contend with them.

We'll see though, I'm always happy to be proved wrong...

{Cy}

Hmmm....I'm tempted to adjust the ratios (of couse I wont post the actual ratios I use!!) on my Veyron Drag racer with a new track suspension and throw it against him now...stop tempting meee!!!!

Thank mom for it I was going to use either the Viper SRT10 ACR or the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG.

Which I've also ditched for my CL626 Blue Whale. The SLS wasn't bad, it was actually 2-3 seconds faster than my CL, but I just…didn't feel quite comfy with it……

And now, I shall be killed to death by my E55 as it's lost it's chance to compete…:scared: :dopey:

Last edited:
Okay only have about 12 hours left to get those tunes submitted folks.

Time for you all to make up your minds take your photos and get them posted.

Pumped here by the great variety of cars we've got so far with only a couple of the same make and model making more than one appearance.:D

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Mercedes CL626 'Blue Whale’
This is the CL626 Blue Whale. It’s big, it’s heavy, and it’s also very rare.

But behind the subtle body beats the V12 heart of a demon. It’s also as graceful as an ocean wave and gains and loses its speed with effortless ease. It’s a scarily relaxed car. All the things a GT car should be then.

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: UCD

Paintjob: Aqua Blue Metallic
Wheels: --
Aerodynamic Kit: --

Weight Reduction: --
Window Weight Reduction: --
Carbon Hood: --
Chassis reinforcement: --

ECU Tuning: Sport
Engine Tuning: Stage 3

Intake Manifold: Sport
Air Filter: Racing

Exhaust Manifold: Sport
Catalytic Converter: Sport
Exhaust: Racing

Turbo Kit: --

Transmission: F/C

Clutch: Double-plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable

Suspension: F/C

Tires: Sport soft

The Tune
Aerodynamics: --
Ballast: 200kg @ +45
Power Limiter:100%
Transmission -process as follows;
1)Set to 112
2)Set gears as follows (Set Final to 4.500 first)
1st=3.460
2nd=2.615
3rd=2.050
4th=1.635
5th=1.332
3)Set Final gear to 2.000
Should display an indicated top speed of 236 mph in upper right corner.

LSD
Initial: 15
Acceleration 30
Braking 20

Suspension
Camber Angle: 2.0/2.0
Toe Angle Front: -0.20/-0.15
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 10.8/5.8
Dampers (Extension): 8/5
Dampers (Compression): 8/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/6

Brakes
6/7

The car has 525 PP, weighs 2155 Kg with a 55/45 front/rear weight distribution, has 626HP and produces 582 ft-lb torque@4900rpm with a 7900 rpm redline.

Notes: The car is, for the most part, very relaxed, hence the name. But do remember not to over heat the front tyres until they are up to temperature.

Don't panic! I'm on a train so I can't post now, but as soon as I get home from buying pointless shiny DJ things I shall throw you all my insane beast for some fun :D

Back