Was I right in defending this way?

Around 1:00. He needs to leave at least a car's width free for the other player. Instead he forced him to brake.

Ah, ok.
There must be some truth to it when almost everyone sees it that way. I admit though I'm not convinced yet :boggled:.
Maybe because, from my experience, starting an inside overtake in that section is everything but clever and I don't have too much understanding for second place driver's action.
Anyway ... guess I'll have to think it over ;).

Ah, ok.
There must be some truth to it when almost everyone sees it that way. I admit though I'm not convinced yet :boggled:.
Maybe because, from my experience, starting an inside overtake in that section is everything but clever and I don't have too much understanding for second place driver's action.

I don't know about that. It will give you the inside line through the final turn.

But in any case it's irrelevant, since the crowding rule doesn't depend on how useful the other car's position is.

Your move was too late. The other car was already coming up your side when you turned into them.

If you had made the move before he was alongside of you, you would be committed to keeping that line and can't move back to the left.

That's not the rule in racing though.

As long as the opponent's front wheel isn't level with your wing mirror (which it wasn't in this situation), you're clear to shut the door on them providing it's a single change of direction.

As long as the opponent's front wheel isn't level with your wing mirror (which it wasn't in this situation), you're clear to shut the door on them providing it's a single change of direction.

That's not a rule, that's an informal norm - and it's exclusively related to who gets to claim a certain line through a corner.

The actual rules (FIA) say that any action that forces the other car to make an evasive maneuver or go off track is prohibited. That means that even when you're clearly ahead of the other car, you're not free to do whatever you want. If you do something unexpected that the other car needs to evade, you're in the wrong. That means that it's a foul move to wait with using your one move until I'm about to overtake and then shut my door so that I have to stomp on the brakes.

As for this specific case, it is clearly crowding. When there is an overlap - even if it's just an inch - you need to leave enough room for the other car to stay on the track. He wouldn't be able to claim the apex if he entered a corner with such a small overlap, but this is on a straight (it's actually a kink - which is considered a straight because there is no need for extreme lines through them) and the defending car had no valid reason what so ever to take that line.

I've never heard of being able to run people off track if they aren't all the way up to the mirror. That sounds brutal. How could anyone ever pass if that's allowed? Racecraft is making a blocking move before there's a chance of side contact, then holding that line.

At 1:00 it was a clear sign that you would bump him off if he trys it. In my eyes that is the kind of things that ruin online Racing. I would have been pissed and probably would have spinned you out by staying at the inside. Since i would have been at your rearwheel the result is pretty clear. And i wouldnt even feel sorry when someone closes the door like this. Just watch this https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-in-a-s-ranks-what-is-your-experience.373424/ and you see it was just the first step to what this guy did.
The gap from fair to unfair is very small. A real S driver doesnt do this kind of moves.
I find in FIA Races more and more players start to do that side by side bumping and it freaks me out everytime if a race is ruined by this moves...
PD needs to penalize side contact 10x harder. Saison 9 was already limit and the Race yesterday as you can see in the linked Post was the peak so far.
Also it should be a separated SR Rating in the FIA Cups from the Sportmode. Like this noone could push up the SR Rating after ruining everyones Cuprace in Sportmode. The first 8 Sasons were fine. But whats happens since Saison9 has nothing to do with fairplay and sportmanship anymore. Players even destroy your race just to become 18th instead of 19th...Like wtf...

Latest Posts

Back