Was There a Prius License Test In Prologue?

• Thread starter Rev It Up
  • 16 comments
I watched some video where there seemed to be a license test in Prologue where the Prius was used and you had to keep mileage above a certain number or something. Is this true, and if so, why is the actual GT4 Prius completely ignored? there's not even a Prius race or something, but they took the extra effort to give it special gauges.

Yes, there was a test in which the Prius had to be driven around Tsukuba under a certain time limit while consuming only 10 litres on 100 km.

Some people say that GT4 (and Prologue too) is a way to market the Prius and its hybrid system. Maybe, I don't know, but it's a nice addition.

- R -

Yea, Prolouge has a test like the one greycap said, very diffrent to the usual kind of test.

Actually, I'm not completely sure about the limit but that figure crept out from some corner in my brain.

Sure it's much in normal driving, but in flat out track driving it is actually a quite small comsumption. Rally cars burn around 50 liters/100 km, even normal everyday cars can take as much as 25 litres when driven hard on the high revs.

I remember getting the Prius to consume about 18 litres/100 km in that test and that was when driving as fast as I could, and the electric motor was even assisting there.

- R -

I'm just assuming that the Prius isn't a very fast car, correct me if I'm wrong, but is the Prius even worth buying in GT4? And does it get really good gas consumption in-game?

Well, you don't really need it, but it certainly is something different than the usual cars. It isn't very economic though, but then again, which car is when being driven at full throttle all the time? The Prius was built to save fuel in everyday situations only.

Regards
the Interceptor

The cool thing about prius,when you change the transmission to a F/C,you have a normal car with normal gauges(i think that original transmission is a variomatic one,not sure however)

a112 abarth
The cool thing about prius,when you change the transmission to a F/C,you have a normal car with normal gauges(i think that original transmission is a variomatic one,not sure however)

If by variomatic, you mean a CVT (continously variable transmission), then yes.

i had this pirius in gt2 and it had normal guages when you took the accelerator off it went to 0rpm and always said gear 1 it was weird

Greycap
Sure it's much in normal driving, but in flat out track driving it is actually a quite small comsumption. Rally cars burn around 50 liters/100 km, even normal everyday cars can take as much as 25 litres when driven hard on the high revs.

When I did a track day in my stock USDM '03 Evo VIII -- back in '03 when it was still stock -- I averaged 8 mpg (30 liters/100 km) overall. That includes the driving from the fuel station to the track, driving around the paddock, and start-up/cool-down time for the engine. I'm guessing that fuel consumption at speed was another 10-15% higher than the numbers would indicate.

Although the Evo is only 2 liters displacement, it consumes fuel like a 5-liter engine when at full throttle, due to about 19 psi (1.3 bar) of boost and a stock engine management program that runs very rich to avoid detonation.

samj_13
I'm just assuming that the Prius isn't a very fast car, correct me if I'm wrong, but is the Prius even worth buying in GT4? And does it get really good gas consumption in-game?

There was this thread in the GT4 forum, where we had a bit of fun.

jbrennen
When I did a track day in my stock USDM '03 Evo VIII -- back in '03 when it was still stock -- I averaged 8 mpg (30 liters/100 km) overall. That includes the driving from the fuel station to the track, driving around the paddock, and start-up/cool-down time for the engine. I'm guessing that fuel consumption at speed was another 10-15% higher than the numbers would indicate.

Although the Evo is only 2 liters displacement, it consumes fuel like a 5-liter engine when at full throttle, due to about 19 psi (1.3 bar) of boost and a stock engine management program that runs very rich to avoid detonation.
8mpg thats the same as a 216bhp mk1 skoda octavia vrs on a track :P

Back