Wasting tires... Help!!!

• Thread starter LKFS
  • 11 comments
Argentina
Argentina
Dominator
Hi to everyone..

I have this problem, I am close to get the 70% in gt but im stuck in the gran turismo world championship because of this:

When the race starts my car goes like 5 laps and ran out of tires, obviously the most waste is in the rear because the cars are mr or fr (minolta and 92cp), there's no need to explain that, After that i enter to the pits making a tire change, I get out and race 3 o 4 laps. Runing in the lap number 8 or 9 (the race has 10 laps), In that point i am again runing out of tires making the car loose and creating the tendency to spin.

I've tried to use R4 tires in the front and R3 tires in the rear but its the same thing.

Also i've tried many diferent suspention settings and lsd settings but i can't get it right.

What can i do?

PD: Sorry for my weak english, Thanks in advance.

Could be a lot of reasons. Please post the tune you used.

Also maybe you use too much throttle whilst accelerating out of corners.

Last edited:
Hi again thanks for answer my question.

Minolta/92cp

susp:
SRate: F 12.0, R 11.5
RH: F 5 pts over the minium, R 10 pts over the min.
Bound: F 7, R 8
Rbound: F 6, R 8
Camber: F 2.0 or 2.5, R 1.0 or 1.5
Toe: i don't using toes here because in this type of car i never have a clue of what to do
Stb: F 5, R 5

About the throtle use: i was racing on B-spec. But racing in A-spec i get the same results. (Course that i am watching the throtle sensitivity, I have a g25 wheel)

About the R1 tires: When i try to use R1 the car hit the wall in every turn. (more grip is needed)

PD: A friend told me that the setting are bad because the suspention has to be more stiff in the engine axis. Is that right?

thanks again

Is this on a certain track or on all of them? Because you have a pretty huh camber and your ride height settings are a little sketchy.

Last edited:
LKFS
Hi again thanks for answer my question.

Minolta/92cp

susp:
SRate: F 12.0, R 11.5
RH: F 5 pts over the minium, R 10 pts over the min.
Bound: F 7, R 8
Rbound: F 6, R 8
Camber: F 2.0 or 2.5, R 1.0 or 1.5
Toe: i don't using toes here because in this type of car i never have a clue of what to do
Stb: F 5, R 5

About the throtle use: i was racing on B-spec. But racing in A-spec i get the same results. (Course that i am watching the throtle sensitivity, I have a g25 wheel)

About the R1 tires: When i try to use R1 the car hit the wall in every turn. (more grip is needed)

PD: A friend told me that the setting are bad because the suspention has to be more stiff in the engine axis. Is that right?

thanks again

If you using racing hards,the compression is too stiff and the extension is too stiff at the rear because the hards have less grip then the softs and the suspension need to be firmer because the hards don't have as much contact o the road as the hards.but the hards is the best tires for long races and mediums too.

As said before, you might overuse the tyres. I had this problem once too (e.g. in the FGT championship on Tokyo, the AI could run about 9 laps, I could outrun them but only run 5), I don't remember exactly what I did (I think I rebooted GT3 where tyres are much harder to maintain) and now I almost run more laps than the AI without losing speed

A good advise: Slow in = Fast out and Racing line doesn't wear tyres as much as fast in, brake, slow out or in-in-in line

Quotting Audipro:
most likely in Tokio r246, Motegi Ring. And for the ride height i use guide posted here "Gran Turismo 4 Non Official Guide"

Quotting Petrolhead1:
About the thortle control i don't have problems whit that(Like i said before i am using a g25)
When i'm coming out from a corner gently stepping on the gas pedal the car go realy faster.

Quotting shotamagee:
The problem here is not the power because the 92cp that i am usig has 1150 hp (Stg4 Turbine kit) the problem is the tires, Even if i brake soft and using the transmition to slowdown the car. (Like a heel and toe but without the clutch)

Quotting lldantell:
To harder tires softer suspension in the rear, if i get it right?

Quotting rallymorten:
Probably you're right..

PD: Thanks again and i'm gonna try to make a new suspention setting based on what are you telling me, and after that i'm gonna tell you how it was.

Back