Watch Live: Gran Turismo World Finals - Manufacturers Cup Final

• Thread starter Famine
  • 59 comments
What a race that last one! Congrats to Team Subaru! Overall a very nice event, even if Mazda had to retire in the first race.

Here are live viewing stats for today's streams:
Race 1: 11K across all feeds, main feed at 4.2K
Grand Final: 14.2K, with the main peaking at 6.1K

4 streams over 1K (Main, Japanese, Spanish, PlayStation)
All eight peaking over 600 viewers

Last edited:
The BRZ is such a beast in the technical sectors. Watching Fraga catch and bring it to within 1.5 on the straights, just for Drumont to walk it back to beyond 2 seconds in a few turns was intense.

Last edited:
Yup that was a pretty intense final race.

I cannot fault Suburu's strategy or the BRZ, this car will now gain a few respect points from me if I see it online races around Spa.

A great fightback by Fraga and Toyota but not quite enough but he drove exceptionally well in the tricky conditons at the end.

Lookng forward to the final tomorrow for Nation's Cup!

I didn’t watch the spa race but the first one was filled with bad behaviour. It was the best way to showing the sport mode.

Even the penalties were too soft. 2 seconds for causing someone to spin and 0.5 for ignoring track limits. Now we know why the penalty system sucks. It’s not that they can’t identify bad behaviour, they just don’t know/want to punish it appropriately.

The drivers should also be ashamed of the way they drove.

I’ve watched the spa race and again the penalties awarded were baffling. The VW punted the Honda off track costing them 2 positions and over 20 seconds and they gave a 2 second penalty to the VW. There’s no hope for the penalty system in this game.

And then the Merc got a 1 second penalty for track limits when they clearly didn’t gain time 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
I’ve watched the spa race and again the penalties awarded were baffling. The VW punted the Honda off track costing them 2 positions and over 20 seconds and they gave a 2 second penalty to the VW. There’s no hope for the penalty system in this game.

And then the Merc got a 1 second penalty for track limits when they clearly didn’t gain time 🤦‍♂️
Most of the collision penalties at these events are manually given by stewards on site. They are not automatic like in Sport mode.

Indeed very nice races with as been said a little flaw in the penalty system 🤣
Spa was intens, and excellent driving with the scoobies, RSR seemed OP at first but nice to see some strategy!

Glad i found some time to view these races, they are pretty exciting to watch!

Such a great race and awesome to see Igor Fraga at his best again. I picked Toyota and they were close lol. The full wets in a mostly intermediate start I think cost them. Great comeback though.

The Subaru BRZ JAF-GT300 is a pure silhouette that dominates corners over GT3 cars in the Super GT Championship. And although I bet on Toyota's victory, I was rooting for Subaru, and I'm happy about the victory of this outstanding car with a tough BoP.

1669553642196.png

Last edited:
Some good racing but I have never seen so many examples of poor driving than across these streams so far.
This may be down to the poor BOP though, with drivers taking risks to make up for the seeming lack of pace compared to their competitors.
No doubt the rain helped the BRZ which was falling back in the dry.
Well worth the gamble from Toyota, but just too little time to make it work.

Some good racing but I have never seen so many examples of poor driving than across these streams so far.
This may be down to the poor BOP though, with drivers taking risks to make up for the seeming lack of pace compared to their competitors.
No doubt the rain helped the BRZ which was falling back in the dry.
Well worth the gamble from Toyota, but just too little time to make it work.
Reminds me of the first events back in 2018,by late 2019 the drivers made less mistakes.
Deep Forest didn't help,i don't like the gt7 version for racing,it's like the track was designed for crashes.
Trial Mountain is pretty good tho.
It always was the best of the two

With the knowledge of that much rain I had also choosen the Subaru before I choose the Supra due to it's overboped appearance. Guess without the mistake of the first stop Fraga would've made it for Toyota.

Last edited:
Back